599GTB HGTE China Limited Edition Announced - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
599GTB HGTE China Limited Edition Announced

Less than 12 of these Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE China Limited Edition models will be made.

Ferrari will be releasing a limited edition of the 599 GTB Fiorano for the Chinese market. Less than a dozen of the 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE China Limited Edition will be made available for sale.

The limited edition series was developed by Ferrari in partnership with the celebrated Chinese artist Lu Hao. The models come in a two-tone color scheme, featuring a special Rosso Fuoco "fire red" body color mated to a grey roof. The design is also infused with Chinese elements by the artist Lu Hao, inspired by Ge Kiln porcelain and the storied Silk Road (which brought Italian explorer Marco Polo to China) of Chinese literature. Hao uses an ancient Chinese script called "Xiao Zhuan" to engrave a name plaque for each edition as well as mark the car throughout, such as on the engine start button and the rev counter.

The HGTE package (Handling GT Evoluzione) was added to make this limited edition the top performer that it is for a front-engine Ferrari. The model will come with the 599 GTB Fiorano's standard 6.0 liter V12 engine with 620 hp and 608 Nm of torque.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari has already announced the 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE China Limited Edition, which will definitely be a very limited model range as less than a dozen will be made.

One of those will be auctioned-off as a unique, one-of-a-kind edition itself, signed by artist Lu Hao, who has added his artistic touches to the limited edition series. The bidding will take place at a charity gala auction in Beijing that Ferrari will be holding on November 3rd.

For this very special singular model, Chinese artist Hao has taken inspirational notes from the famed Ge Liln porcelain of the Song Dynasty, and added it to this Ferrari's design. The cracked glaze pattern is etched at different depths in a most distinguishing mark of the artist's work. Only a few hundred pieces of Ge Kiln porcelain exist today, all of which are priceless treasures.

Other details include Jade start button and the gold colored rev counter with ancient Chinese script called "Xiao Zhuan". The later is also seen in the previously mentioned HGTE China Limted Edition.

"The 599 China Limited Edition model is a true masterpiece, combining rich Chinese artistic heritage with Italian design in a most spectacular way," says Ferrari Asia Pacific CEO Marco Mattiacci.

Some of the charitable proceeds have been earmarked for Chinese students in the automotive engineering field.

Watch the video to see the artist at work.

Attached Images

post #3 of 9 Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Love the "Ming"!

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Beijing, 3 November 2009 - The unique Ferrari 599 China was won tonight by an anonymous client from Shanghai at the final price of about 1.2 million euro (including taxes). The auction was the climax of the Gala dinner organized by Ferrari at the Red Gate Gallery in Beijing. Lu Hao, the first Chinese artist to work with Ferrari, created this special model decorated with Song Dynasty Ge Kiln pottery patterns. The proceeds from this auction will fund outstanding students and young teachers of Tsinghua University’s Department of Automotive Engineering to study at Italy’s Politecnico di Milano University and internship at Ferrari’s headquarters.

The gala dinner was attended by Ferrari owners and collectors, joined by Ferrari Asia Pacific CEO Mr. Marco Mattiacci, contemporary artist Lu Hao, professors of China’s leading Tsinghua University Cen Zhangzhi and delegate of Politecnico di Milano University Bruno Pizzigoni. A few Ferrari objects, in particular a helmet and a model car signed by Michael Schumacher, who this morning personally unveiled the car to the international media, were also auctioned together with a racing overall worn by F1 driver, Giancarlo Fisichella. The innovative appearance of this unique model, blending classic Chinese elements with Ferrari distinctive features, aroused immediately great interest among the guests.

This follows the spirit of Ferrari founder, Enzo Ferrari, carried on by Chairman Luca di Montezemolo, in investing in young talents and research. Ferrari was involved before in goodwill activities with Chinese associations, dedicated to youth.
Attached Images

post #5 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Spoken about limited editions....anybody more news about the 599 GTO?
post #6 of 9 Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socciebon View Post
Spoken about limited editions....anybody more news about the 599 GTO?
Not sure what is going on with this story of the 599GTO. There are quite a few versions floating around. I remember a couple of months ago the 599GTO was a coachbuild that will made up of different Ferrari models from the past, but more recently other stories or rumours have it that it is officially made by Ferrari and deliveries are to made in 2010. Still no official specs are available and ''customers'' for the car have said that is a GTO while others are saying that Ferrari are not giving it the designation of ''GTO'' and it's more of a Scuderia version of the 599 being based on the 599XX.

According to some people or ''customers'' on other forum sites, they have even paid the deposit for one and their confirmed order documents have the car named as the ''Ferrari 599 GTO Limited Edition'' on it. This same customer in October said he spoke to a senior representative at the Ferrari factory and asked "do you know anything about the 599GTO?" and the response by this senior person was "an incredible car, no further comment please". Then to make things more confusing, other ''customers'' say they are on a pre-order list and their Ferrari dealer has told them that nothing is official and the car may not go into production.

There is also suppose to be a 599 Spider coming out as when I was at one of the official Ferrari dealers here in South Africa a few weeks ago, there was a customer talking to the director and asked if he is still on the list as the first person in South Africa for the 599 Spider as he does not want to be on a 2 year waiting list for it, and the director said to him, ''Yes you are, I received your email and I have already told them and handed your details over''.

Does any other fellow members have any official details that may have been mentioned to you from your Ferrari dealer on either of these two versions of the 599?
post #7 of 9 Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
Not sure what is going on with this story of the 599GTO.
Thank you. I heard similar stories. Let's wait for the specs!
post #8 of 9 Old 11-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
I'd like to know why painting a Ferrari like cracked porcelain glaze is so special, but finishing one in gold and black is considered tacky or repulsive. I think it has nothing to do with how the car looks, and everything to do with perception of how/who/why it was done. I think both cars, in and of themselves and separated from the people and reason, are interesting, and equally out-of-the-norm.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #9 of 9 Old 11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
I'd like to know why painting a Ferrari like cracked porcelain glaze is so special, but finishing one in gold and black is considered tacky or repulsive. I think it has nothing to do with how the car looks, and everything to do with perception of how/who/why it was done. I think both cars, in and of themselves and separated from the people and reason, are interesting, and equally out-of-the-norm.
me, too. And, I really like the chinese edition (fire red with a grey roof).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode