Alonso drives for Ferrari in 2010 ! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Alonso drives for Ferrari in 2010 !

The deal is done ! Alonso will drive for Ferrari in the 2010 season and will replace Kimi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
The deal is done ! Alonso will drive for Ferrari in the 2010 season and will replace Kimi.
This is excellent news.......and one of the worlds worst kept secrets.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Press Release :

Maranello, 30th September 2009 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that it has reached an agreement with the driver Fernando Alonso. The agreement covers three racing seasons, starting in 2010.

The Scuderia’s driver line-up next season will therefore be made up of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, with Giancarlo Fisichella in the role of reserve driver.

Kimi Raikkonen will leave the team at the end of this current season, after what has been a rewarding and fruitful partnership, which saw him win the Drivers’ title in 2007. He also played a key role in Ferrari’s taking of the Constructor’s title that same year and in 2008.

“We are very proud to welcome to our team another winning driver, who has demonstrated his amazing talent by winning two World Championships in his career to date,” said Stefano Domenicali. “Of course, we wish to thank Kimi for everything he has done during his time with Ferrari: in his first year with us, he managed to win the Drivers’ title, thus making his contribution to Ferrari’s history and he played a vital role in our taking of the Constructors’ title in 2007 and 2008. Even during a difficult season like this one, he has demonstrated his great talent, with several good results, including a great win in Spa and we are sure that we can share more good times together in the final three races of this season.”

“With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule,” said Kimi Raikkonen. “I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races. Together, we have won 50% of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the Drivers’ title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career. I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team.”

Fernando Alonso to Ferrari.com: "Very happy and very proud "

Maranello, 30 September 2009 - Fernando Alonso, just announced as the new official Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro driver, who will drive next to Felipe Massa as of the 2010 season, spoke to Ferrari.com: "I’m very happy and very proud to become a Ferrari driver. Driving a single-seater from the Prancing Horse is everybody’s dream in this sport and today I have the opportunity to make this dream come true. Above all I want to thank Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo, who really wanted this 3-year contract. We already had an agreement this summer starting in 2011, but then, the last days, the picture changed and we decided to anticipate my arrival in Maranello by one year.

The years at Renault were fantastic: together we won four World Titles (two Drivers’ and as many Constructors’ Championships) until this day, 21 Grands Prix. I wish the team all the best and let’s hope we gain some good results in the last races this year.

After this season I will put all my effort in the next season: I’m sure that, together with Felipe, we’ll offer Ferrari and the fans from all over the world some great satisfaction. I can’t wait to start working with my new team.”
Attached Images

post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
interesting to see the Latin dynamics in those two A-types next year: actually, can't wait.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Great news. Can't wait to see how it all pans out. Fingers crossed.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry O'Brien View Post
Great news. Can't wait to see how it all pans out. Fingers crossed.
It will be fine. You always have Schumi hovering in the background to keep them inline.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
It will be fine. You always have Schumi hovering in the background to keep them inline.
Or is he hovering in the background, waiting to jump into one of their seats???
post #8 of 8 Old 10-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry O'Brien View Post
Or is he hovering in the background, waiting to jump into one of their seats???
Either way, should keep them in line.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode