Ferrari to get Alonso in 2010 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Ferrari to get Alonso in 2010

Ferrari is set to confirm Fernando Alonso as one of its drivers for next season at this weekend’s Japanese grand prix.

The two-time Formula One world champion has been hotly tipped to join Ferrari from Renault and the deal is now all but confirmed according to Maranello boss Stefano Domenicali.

He said: “I think that as soon as we are ready we will let you know. We don't want to wait too long."

Kimi Raikkonen's lawyers are finalising a deal with Ferrari to release the 2007 world champion from his contract a year early and Alonso is expected to be confirmed when this deal is announced.

Renault's stand-in managing director Jean-Francois Caubet said it would be sad to see the Spaniard leave having won the title twice with the French team in 2005 and 2006.

"I think Fernando will miss Renault and Renault will miss Fernando,” he said. Renault is expected to confirm Robert Kubica when Alonso’s move to Ferrari goes through.

Meanwhile, Domenicali hasn’t completely ruled out Brazilian Felipe Massa making an unexpected return to action this year.

When asked if Massa had a chance of racing this year, he said: “It is too early to say that. We need to see it step-by-step, and we don't have to anticipate anything.

"He will be back 100 percent but there is no need to anticipate anything if there is something that is not ready.

"I don't want to exclude anything, but we need to be cautious."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
that is bad news for Massa, I think, because Ferrari will probably make Alonso the first driver and we all know that the 2nd driver in Ferrari never has a chance (specially when the 1st driver is someone as competent as Schumacher or Alonso)

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 5 Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
who knows STILE, it is not sure that alonso will be taking place of kimi, Kimi has been stating in interviews that he is committed for 2010 and he signed a contract for a reason. When i see it i will believe it

I want to Race.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-30-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
A little more info....

Fernando Alonso's new Ferrari contract could see him race for the famous Italian team until the end of the 2015 season, and earn him 150 million euros, according to reports on Tuesday in the Spanish press.

The reports, in the newspapers AS and Diario Sport based mainly on the information of the radio station SER, said Spaniard Alonso, 27, is guaranteed three seasons at Maranello with an automatic option to extend in 2013 and 2014.

In addition to the terms of three years plus two, yet another conditional option to extend until the end of 2015 is reportedly also included. It is believed he will earn about 25 million euros every year.

The document has purportedly already been deposited with the Contract Recognition Board, and could be announced officially at 10am local from the Suzuka circuit in Japan on Thursday.

However, Italy's Corriere dello Sport claimed that while an announcement on Thursday is likely, the official news might also have to wait until Friday.

Former twice world champion Alonso, who has driven for Minardi and McLaren and is moving from his current team Renault, is also expected to take with him some of his preferred engineers.

His replacement at Renault will almost certainly be the Pole Robert Kubica, whose teammate will be the incumbent Romain Grosjean.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-30-2009, 04:36 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
its official on The F1 website, im kind of happy to see it actually, Alonso said he is very excited, and feels honored to drive for the prancing horse. i feel that massa will do equally as good though

I want to Race.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode