355 Challenge - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 439
355 Challenge

Hi all

I haven't posted for a while as I have been away although I have been checking in every day to follow all the threads!

On Saturday morning I went to get a coffee from our local equivalent of Starbucks before golf. I ran into this guy I know who was there with his son.

He pulled up in a 355 Challenge car that he has just imported. It is a genuine Challenge car and is very pretty.

The car is not at all road legal (it is on slicks!!!) but it didn't stop him from taking his four year old son to the shops on public roads - you gotta love South Africa.

Enjoy the pics

Regards

Mike
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Good looking Challenge. I guess he has to keep it in race car trim. If he wanted to license it for the road, he would not have been allowed to import it into SA-lhd only allowed these days if for track use only?

Looks like a nice sunny Saturday morning in Joburg-did you take the 308 or Turbo to golf-which one accomodates the golf clubs more easily?
post #3 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner

It was brought in as a track car - LHD = no road use as you rightly say. It sounds great.

I took the Turbo to golf - I usually take the 308 though. I leave my clubs at the club but interestingly the 308 is better for holding golf clubs. They would fit behind the seats in the Porker but I have to take the woods out and it isn't great for the carpets.

So it's official, the 308 is a better golf car than a 911 Turbo!!!

post #4 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
It was brought in as a track car - LHD = no road use as you rightly say. It sounds great.

I took the Turbo to golf - I usually take the 308 though. I leave my clubs at the club but interestingly the 308 is better for holding golf clubs. They would fit behind the seats in the Porker but I have to take the woods out and it isn't great for the carpets.

So it's official, the 308 is a better golf car than a 911 Turbo!!!
So you can bring it in as a track car but then drive it on the street? I am assuming he is breaking a few laws but no one cares?

Good to hear the 308 is the better golf car. If you have a smaller bag they do fit nicely behind the engine.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 06:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
great pictures, nice catch!!

it must be outstanding to go out for a cup of coffee in a Challenge Ferrari with slicks hahahaha

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #6 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
So you can bring it in as a track car but then drive it on the street? I am assuming he is breaking a few laws but no one cares
If you took all the cars off the road in South Africa that are breaking laws, then there would be no more traffic jams...

It is Africa, you know.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Is the condition of the streets good enough to run a challenge car on one? I would have thought it would bottom out etc pretty badly.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Actually, a full size tour bag fits behind the engine with the woods on it.

In SA it is quite funny - you can get pulled over at any point for talking on your cell phone and then drive a completely illegal taxi or 355 Challenge to get coffee!

The roads in SA are actually very good. SA has many elements of the first world. Most of the northern suburbs central business district looks pretty much like Canary Wharf in London.

There is a massive amount of development on the go at the moment in preparation for the 2010 World Cup.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
The roads in SA are not as good as they used to be, but there has been a lot of patching up for the World Cup as you say and in most areas they are very good. It depends on where you go, rural areas can be very bad. In Gauteng (Jo'burg - Pretoria province), no problem.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 10 Old 09-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
The roads in SA are actually very good. SA has many elements of the first world. Most of the northern suburbs central business district looks pretty much like Canary Wharf in London.
Unfortunately the 1st world is lacking in a lot of "1st world" elements. A F355 Challenge would not be in need of a new front spoiler after 15 minutes on most UK or Spanish roads.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode