Ferrari Community : humanity cars in general - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Ferrari Community : humanity cars in general

ok, this is not unusual, this is not saying Ferraris are that special. Gosh, I've/we've done this from time to time, but I want to thank a speicial Ferrari owner 430 spider/sp[y]sder , for his concern, care, and honor towards a stranger on the road: My wife.

It was late, past 11PM on a dark, two lane road, as wife/bo, was coming home from work in the 456. This particular spot is subject to deep canyon and no cell as the LOJACK even goes off and the cell show: NO COVERAGE.

the 1-6 RED light goes on. and she pulls over: Bo knows cars, as she can rebuild them better than I ever could.

A 'car' pully up behind her, and prompts her to correspond: She reluctant.... but seing the 'type' of person he might be, decides to engage. "HI, are you 'sonomarik?'....uh, no, that's my husband [that's my handle on 'other site' :}].....can I help you.

man, the guy [and I will not tell his name or such calls his wife and says he is helping and she says 'ok'...RIGHT!!!what I would do also] He, has a 430 and helps untill AAA comes to tow car home. Brian Crall listening? guess what is coming your way :+

ok welll
point being : GREAT PERSON. He stated to wife, gave card, that he was born in Lucca, IT [already I LIKE HIM...my familia froom lucca] and that he knows of me from postings as he greeted my wife with my handle!!!!!

WONDERFUL. WOW....all of a sudden I see the worth of the community: keep it going guys.

wife and I spent a couple+ hours, she is REALLY GOOD at this, diagnosing the problem. her dertimination of the 1-6 red light on the 456 on is poor combustion, which I am thinging is correct: MUCH MORE to come later after Brian's diagnosis.

anywy, after a 'few'? or more brandies....we are off to sleep

I need to tuck with wiffers, and she is tired -=best time to , ok I'll wake her first
kidding--

WE, NEED, TO go to sleep...more to follow later, it's about 2+am and ...mmmmmmmmmmmm she is looking goood there

uh. night

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Great story, and thanx for sharing. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Great story, and thanx for sharing. w/ smiles Jimmy
+1. great stuff.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Some update

Guy who stopped is born/raised in Lucca [!!!!], which is where my family originated.....small world.

He is so nice. My wife knows cars but was in a tough situation. For some reason my cell was on silent mode, which, probably has a reason as the future will tell.

Dangerous area she had to stop, in that several persons have been killed there. Matter of fact she parked on the side less that 10' from a marker 'RICK' killed there last year. We get about one fatality there a month....someday CalTrans will fix that death trap.

anyway.

Can one say FLAMES out of bank 1-6!!!!!

it started to die/sputter a bit, then the RED 1-6 went on...but behind her he said 'there were flames' thinking the ECU shutdown on the ignition and the rear cats caught it and flamed the fuel? dunno
exhaust area!!!!!!!!!!!
man
off to Rifledriver / Brian Crall San Ramon for a lookie see. The T is in the shop today getting a new battery as six years old was pushing it.

Will keep all updated. LAH

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
That is an amazing story Rik!

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #6 of 7 Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
I'm glad you shared this story.

I like to read about info related to F cars but when members share stories (particular ones with good outcomes) involving family and their Ferrari-related experiences it humanize things. It elevates the car experience in which a car becomes a conduit for being people together.

Good story.

Such events humanize things and turns a car
post #7 of 7 Old 09-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
lah!

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode