Ok, I've pondered this for years. I, at first, and not trying to be an elitist, originally decided that there were three types of people who notice my Ferrari.
2. appreciative to the point of stopping, nudging someone, thumbs-up, smiles etc., where they are NOT afraid to engage in conversation and treat you normally
3. IGNORE with great effort [may include scorn and 'gas mileage/cost-vs-poor' comments] as a means to 'punish' [like we care] someone they think is above it all.
BUT the list expanded over the years as the more people I encountered:
4. Throw things at you: Happened to me twice and don't know exactly where they fit, but both were truckers, albeit, NAmerican types.
5. May ignore/scorn item as jealousy [very very very rare].
6. IGNORE the entire situation, or 'try to' only to see their heads almost snap off, or their eyes bulge out the back of their heads as a sort of #2 with + #4
7. #2 + #5
8. #2 + #3
here is the deal, I want to get a great poll. Too many times when a poll is posted, someone will say: "HEY, you left off...../or, hey, I didn't vote because...."
So, here is our chance to perfect the common, better poll .. we can go up to 20 items to include all the above and none of the above.
I would like to have combos, in that some of the selections like above are selections plus 'others'
would truly be nice to not have single responses, as 'select all that apply' but programmers should NEVER design only program: ask me how I know.
here are some 'others' wordings: People who view an exotic [Specifically Ferrari owner]: 1. Try not to awknowledge the driver/owner as it would be ‘giving them recognition’ 2. Awknowledge the driver/owner as a sign of ‘terrific approval’ not necessarily jealousy, but, glee in approval to having seen it. 3. Like it when the driver/owner ‘smiles back’ or awknowledges their ‘high-five/thumbs-up’ with the same. 4. Try to NOT look, but crane their neck [almost breaking it….you can see their eyes popping out the rear of their head], but secretly like or are curious what they see: sort of a mix between #1 + #2 [no Greg, no jokes here ] 5. Some will engage in conversation 6. Will ask: How much, the gas mileage, the maintenance, how fast. 7.
SO: EVERYONE, please take a min. and refine the responses...my engrish [sic] can be incorrect and or improperly worded, so counting on the UK group to keep the 'mother' toungue correct