FERRAMBO Wagon - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
FERRAMBO Wagon

Quote:
The Ferrambo Wagon is a truly remarkable vehicle created by fusing the drivetrain of a wrecked Ferrari 360 Modena into a bespoke designed chassis draped in a highly customised Nash Rambler body. The Ferrambo was devised by Tim Divers, of Divers Streetrods, and the Ferrambo's owner Mike Warn of Gran Prix Imports.

The mid mounted 3.6 litre V8 engine is mounted behind the two front seats, separated from the passenger compartment by a firewall with three large windows. The power is sent to the rear wheels through a six speed manual gearbox also lifted from the Ferrari 360. While the body is donated by a Nash Rambler much of it is bespoke, and towards the front work has clearly been done to emulate the appearance of classic Ferrari models. The tubular chassis is entirely unique, and acts as a mounting point for the drivetrain and body.

Inside the Ferrambo is a relatively simple cockpit layout. The two seats are separated by a sparse centre console which houses the shifter mechanism, key, and start button. The dash layout comprises of a single gauge positioned directly in front of the driver. The custom made wood-rimmed, three spoke steering wheel looks very similar to the type found on classic Ferrari models, as does the gated gear shift cover. Under the hood of the Ferrambo lies a bespoke luggage compartment upholstered in the same tan leather as the interior.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D18%26um%3D1

Kinda reminds me of a well done/period Jerrari, one of which resides here in Sonoma for about $35k [currently up for sale]

Not too bad....sort of an old barchetta style, thinking, without the open cockpit, and lengthened too [ok NOTHING like the little boat, but lines like one]
Come on, wouldn't you like this for a daily? I smell sleeper....
Attached Images

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
One word....WOW.....

Now that's what I'm talking about....keeping a Ferrari alive through transplant....the interior is priceless and luggage.....perfect touch.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
One word....WOW.....

Now that's what I'm talking about....keeping a Ferrari alive through transplant....the interior is priceless and luggage.....perfect touch.
~

Mario
I agree. Isn't it wonderful on some never to be resurected vehicle to make something worthy. That was what hot rods were about, and why not Ferrari. I believe his design is a good attempt if not excellent for his vision.

Makes me want to find a hulk, get out the design book and have a go for my view.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode