Kimi back on top - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Kimi back on top

So today Kimi finally won again, first Ferrari win in the 2009 F1 season.

Considering that he's done better in the last races and won today, is that enough to keep him driving for the Scuderia in 2010?

And who do you think will win the 2009? Button, Barrichello, Vettel or Webber?

BTW: incredible weekend for Force India and interesting to see how the KERS system in Kimi's car played a major role in his win today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
It's great to see Kimi winning a race again, although it has been coming for the last 3 races. Not sure if it's done enough to save his seat for next year though, esp if the rumours about Alonso already signing are true. Providing Massa fully recovers and is able to drive again, I think that Ferrari will have to stick with him out of loyalty.

Most commentators say Kimi will end up at Williams or back at McLaren.

It was great to see Force India upset the form this weekend, they really deserve it. It also shows just how much raw power the MB engine has when the cars aren't affected by all the aero assistance. Next years grid will be interesting with Red Bull and Williams being rumoured to have also signed engine deals with MB.

Who will win the world championship this year? Button is doing a great job of trying to throw it away, but no one seems to want to take it away from him. With 5 races left, and on current form I can't see anyone closing the gap by enough, esp if Ferrari and McLaren can keep sneaking a few big points.

Archie
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Tend to agree. I think Button will do it, even if only because there is no one driver taking it too him. Too many potential winners and points to be shared by too many drivers. If he keeps finishing races (today being the exception) I think he'll get the title, and fair play to him, he deserves it.

Big Q for me now is who's going to drive for Ferrari next race and next year. Anyone think Fisi will be in a red car next race? I'm not sure but it would be hard to turn down if he got the call.

I'll go for Alonso and Massa next year, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

All that said, it was great to see a Ferrari on top of the podium today wasn't it. Even if Kimi seems like he couldn't care less....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode