Lambo doors - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Lambo doors

Here are some pics I took at a recent Ferrari and Lambo owners meet expertly organised by Angelis

I made me laugh looking at the Lambo's and the way every Lambo owner had to have their doors flipped up. The pics look like the Ferrari's and Lambo's are ready to do battle, the little Dino is getting angry and has flipped it's boot up !!!!
Attached Images

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Why is it that the Dino looks kinda cute and charming opposed to those menacing Lambos ? Looks like a splendid get together of fine cars. Thanx. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
Was very close to going to that event me self. But thought it was going to be rained out....how wrong was i

post #4 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Jimmy, yes the Dino does look cute, like a little Terrier dog compared to those snarling Rotweiller Lambo's.

Chaz, you should have come down, the weather was fine. It was a great day, Angelis and the crew did a superb job, I believe 101 Ferrari's and Lambo's turned up, including an Enzo, 2 F50's, a F40 and a Daytona. Quite a few people who frequent FLife were there.

I'll post some more pics in a bit, but I need to obscure a couple of licence plates, as some people want to retain their privacy.

Archie
post #5 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Owner

A few more pics from last weeks meet...
Attached Images

Archie
post #6 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

and some more....
Attached Images

Archie
post #7 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
Related to "The Queen?"

Archie; I must say your son is living the life of a well-heeled Prince. Hanging out amongst "Enzo's" and "Lamborghini's"......Alas my proverty ridden youth was spent amongst rusty pinto's and vega's.....I'm reaching for a hankerchief as I type....Ohhhhh the pain........Mark.
post #8 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Archie, that is a great father & son shot. Must have been yet another exciting day for your son. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #9 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Those are awesome photos, Archie!

And yes, the first few 'Lambo vs. Ferrari' photos do look like a battle is about to begin!

I've always been amused by many owners' perpetual amusement with doors like that. DeLorean owners like to drive around with the gullwings up, too.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #10 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 114
Great pictures to what looked like a fun event. Thanks for posting archie.
Docf
post #11 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Archie,

I have had the thought before, I love Lambo's, especially that late model Red/Creme Countach pictured (want one), however with all the apendages open, it seems a little trashy, I love womens breast's, but if they're hang'in out they don't seem as appealing as getting to "open" the package myself?

You didn't know I could analigize the differents between open Countach knife doors and womens breasts did you!!!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Here are some pics I took at a recent Ferrari and Lambo owners meet expertly organised by Angelis

I made me laugh looking at the Lambo's and the way every Lambo owner had to have their doors flipped up. The pics look like the Ferrari's and Lambo's are ready to do battle, the little Dino is getting angry and has flipped it's boot up !!!!
post #12 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 09:19 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
My favorite picture!

Quote:
and some more....
post #13 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
I made me laugh looking at the Lambo's and the way every Lambo owner had to have their doors flipped up. !!!!
Just like the blowfish the Lambos need their doors up to look impressive and bigger when faced by the obvious Hunters

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #14 of 41 Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
False Bravado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
Just like the blowfish the Lambos need their doors up to look impressive and bigger when faced by the obvious Hunters
Lamborghini's are NO JOKE....Give credit where credit is due. Any car capable of approaching 200mph does not need to falsely inflate itself to be admired and respected. You would be staring at nothing but brakelights, if you went up against "ANY" of those Lamborghini's, Night Life.....Mark.
post #15 of 41 Old 08-08-2009, 10:15 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Great pictures. It looks like it was a great time!

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #16 of 41 Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Archie, that is a great father & son shot. Must have been yet another exciting day for your son. w/ smiles Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, he's my shadow at the weekends, we do everything together, he's been a petrolhead since he was a couple of years old. I can't spare him a great deal of time during the week due to my workload and other personal pressures, but I make up for it at the weekend.

Archie
post #17 of 41 Old 08-08-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
Archie; I must say your son is living the life of a well-heeled Prince. Hanging out amongst "Enzo's" and "Lamborghini's"......Alas my proverty ridden youth was spent amongst rusty pinto's and vega's.....I'm reaching for a hankerchief as I type....Ohhhhh the pain........Mark.
Oh, if only? sadly we are only looking at the Enzo's and Lambo's, not driving them. When I sold the 328 last year, I realised that I never appreciated it enough when I had it. Therefore, I am determined to make sure we make the most of the 308 and enjoy it as much as we can, because experience has taught me that luxuries can be taken away a lot quicker than it took to acquire them.

Archie
post #18 of 41 Old 08-08-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncng View Post
Archie,

I have had the thought before, I love Lambo's, especially that late model Red/Creme Countach pictured (want one), however with all the apendages open, it seems a little trashy, I love womens breast's, but if they're hang'in out they don't seem as appealing as getting to "open" the package myself?

You didn't know I could analigize the differents between open Countach knife doors and womens breasts did you!!!

Mark
LOL, love the analogy

I can understand why everyone loved the Countach so much when it first came out. It was a proper supercar and so different to anything else before it or even after it. I have to admit though, I have never liked them, I like my cars to have curves, and the Countach has too many straight lines. I've always referred to it as the love child of an Army tank and an armadillo. Give me a Boxer any day.

..but I do love the styling of the Diablo and the Murcielago.

Archie
post #19 of 41 Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
Lamborghini's are NO JOKE....Give credit where credit is due. Any car capable of approaching 200mph does not need to falsely inflate itself to be admired and respected. You would be staring at nothing but brakelights, if you went up against "ANY" of those Lamborghini's, Night Life.....Mark.

My good man don't take my gest as a dis towards Lambos, I have many many friends with Lambos and love them all and would love to have any of them in my stable but there is always a humorous argument between the two supercars, we always joke back and forth. Especially when I can drive my car all summer trouble free and all but one of their Lambos is in the shop

Ps I dance around Jalpa and the Countach as Mc Hammer says (can`t touch this) and the Diablo slightly pulls away from me only at speed. Just FYI
Attached Images

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

Last edited by Night Life; 08-10-2009 at 12:55 AM.
post #20 of 41 Old 08-10-2009, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Forget the Jalpa, Roberto, that ABS model 328 GTS behind it looks gorgeous

Nice pics of the Lambo's.

My experience of Lambo and Ferrari owners is one of friendly rivalry. I have met some extremely nice Lambo owners, including the one who spent over 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon at a car show taking my doors apart trying to fix the broken electric window switches on my 308. Raj from Auto Diagnose Ltd in London is a top man, and he has an awesome lime green coloured Murcielago too.

Archie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode