F430 2004+, buyer help. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
F430 2004+, buyer help.

Hello,

I have always wanted to own a ferrari, but they always seemed so out of reach. Times have changed and the ferrari market seems to have taken a pretty big hit lately with most f430 selling for less than 200k.

Im looking for information on the best method to purchase a f430 f1 for the cheapest possible :-)

My price range is $120k-$150k, but have not found much on the traders. Ebay seems to be the only option, but most of those cars are being sold by brokers.

Please point me in a good direction, the car will be imported to Canada and warranty is not an issue. But for sure looking for a car with < 7k on it because i mostly will only be driving it 1.5-2k annually.

Thank you for your time and advice,

-SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Suggest you take a look at the classified on Ferrari Market Letter, Ferrari Club of America, and Ferrari Owners Club US. Also worth giving Mike Sheehan a call at Ferraris-Online.com.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Don't worry too much about mileage - if the car is well cared-for mileage means nothing. 20k can mean a fabulous car, if you find the right one.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
"cheapest possible"?

Those words don't equate to Ferrari ownership.

I would strongly caution you to carefully approach this puchase by doing homework to know and understand what's what with each model.

If you are buying on price you are positioning yourself for a disaster!
post #5 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
"cheapest possible"?

Those words don't equate to Ferrari ownership.

I would strongly caution you to carefully approach this puchase by doing homework to know and understand what's what with each model.

If you are buying on price you are positioning yourself for a disaster!
+1
Don't think you'll have too much of a problem finding one for 150.000 you quoted esp. if the economy remains stagnant much longer. Personally however do not thiink it will as resolution is just around the corner. Just look at the market lately! Some brokerage firms are already stating recession is over. Unemployment will be last to change. I've noted recently great bargins at local Ferrari Dealership are gone! Also inventory was extremely low. Shop soon, but shop smart or your dream will pass you by before you know it.
Docf
post #6 of 19 Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Boy, Doc, I think you are correct. Just look at oil barrel prices. Chevron was down 61% for 2nd 1/4 but I know they are buggeying around Asia!

I think we will see shortages on many things purposefully to ensure the demand outstrips supply.

Unemployment will be an issue for a long time. This is a jobless recovery, and I bet it will stay that way!
post #7 of 19 Old 08-03-2009, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Talking to many experts, suggested on this forum, the price is going down still. You wouldnt believe some of the cars available, i really cant believe the option list, miles, service history, for the money.

Even more excited,

Any suggestions on a good two car trailer?

Thanks!
post #8 of 19 Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
We have MANY F430s in your price range $133K to $170K and these are just asking prices (so there's room to work with). We are the Ferrari Market Letter and EVERY car has an asking price and a full VIN/SERIAL number. We screen EVERY Ferrari and do not run ads that are fishy or we make sure the owners disclose.

I can help you by offering you and ALL Ferrari Life members a "trial" subscription for ONLY $20, that's it! Let me know if I can help you and all of you Ferraristi! It's simple and now cheap for you all!

Chad
Ferrari Market Letter
[email protected]
post #9 of 19 Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Anything i should watchout for on a 2005 F430 F1 Coupe?

Ive been getting some very very nicely optioned 2005 F1's with great service history and perfect carfax' for sub $130k.

Thanks again for getting me in touch with Mike, he has been a big help!

-SE
post #10 of 19 Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3the01 View Post
Anything i should watchout for on a 2005 F430 F1 Coupe?

Ive been getting some very very nicely optioned 2005 F1's with great service history and perfect carfax' for sub $130k.

Thanks again for getting me in touch with Mike, he has been a big help!

-SE
Get a detailed pre purchase inspection done by a mechanic you trust and is familiar with the 430. Make sure you check clutch wear, engine compression/leak down, tire age and condition, conditon of the rubber bits, etc.
post #11 of 19 Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Prices are definitely going down, and will still further as the 458 Italia hits the streets. That is just the way with Ferrari V8's. With the crisis having significantly contributed to lower prices, it's a good time to buy if you consider that you will incur some depreciation.

Also - make sure you remain cash positive, I believe it is a VERY bad decision to go into debt, if you can avoid it, in these times.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #12 of 19 Old 08-06-2009, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Yeah tell me about it, cash positive is tough thats why i made a budget of $150K. Imported to Canada it will be $180K all said and done,

I hate to see crazy equipped cars with price tags of $170k ish, makes me wanna increase my budget.

I just luv the Carbon fiber add-ons especially the rear upper cf piece, not sure the exact name.

Is it possible to add this piece if not originally equipped? Its sad but this piece is an absolute must for me,

Also another point i hate is when people advertise scud fenders, when in fact they are just decals add-ons that looks like crap.

I only like the OEM fenders with scub emblems, please ferrari owners dont disgrace ur cars by putting the decals on.
post #13 of 19 Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Prices are definitely going down, and will still further as the 458 Italia hits the streets. That is just the way with Ferrari V8's. With the crisis having significantly contributed to lower prices, it's a good time to buy if you consider that you will incur some depreciation.

Also - make sure you remain cash positive, I believe it is a VERY bad decision to go into debt, if you can avoid it, in these times.

Onno

+1 on the debt, going into debt on a depreciating asset in a bad economy is very high risk.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Anything to really watch out for on the 2005? The service history is clean with no real problem, front wheel scuffed, etc. All serviced at the same dealership from new, it only has 3k on it, with OEM scud shields, carbon dash, full suede headliner and rear, factory racing seats(carbon), battery charger, handy fire, F1 tranny, challenge wheels, red tach, build sheet, all original keys and books, almost forgot carbon ceramic brakes :-).

Cash sale price is pretty good, sub $135k.
post #15 of 19 Old 08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3the01 View Post
Anything to really watch out for on the 2005? The service history is clean with no real problem, front wheel scuffed, etc. All serviced at the same dealership from new, it only has 3k on it, with OEM scud shields, carbon dash, full suede headliner and rear, factory racing seats(carbon), battery charger, handy fire, F1 tranny, challenge wheels, red tach, build sheet, all original keys and books, almost forgot carbon ceramic brakes :-).

Cash sale price is pretty good, sub $135k.
Check the wear on the clutch and ceramic brakes. Badly driven, you can burn both out in only a few thousand miles.
post #16 of 19 Old 08-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Owner

I'm sure I am overly bias. That said, I think the Ferrari Market Letter is a MUCH more useful tool in finding quality Ferraris that have been screened. This holds true with authorized dealers as well. The "cars that go zoom" site is just eBay links from my quick review. Now, I can say this and back it up with facts... "Be cautious, VERY cautious when buying an exotic on eBay!" There are deals for sure, but what about the many cars we've checked out for subscribers that turned out to be stolen and re-numbered? Happens more than you think. So there's a car with the S/N listed and you run a carfax or some such and everything checks out... Well not always! Especially when we know of another Ferrari with the EXACT same serial number in another location. Hmmm!!! Just know if you want to "dump" a questionable Ferrari you'd surely choose eBay! OK, all of that said, there are many very honorable sellers and buyers on eBay... Just be smart, we have saved way too many subscribers from a bad eBay purchases! They all ended up being overly thankful they spent the $40 or so dollars on a subscription!

Chad
Ferrari Market Letter
post #17 of 19 Old 08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrmktltr View Post
I'm sure I am overly bias. That said, I think the Ferrari Market Letter is a MUCH more useful tool in finding quality Ferraris that have been screened. This holds true with authorized dealers as well. The "cars that go zoom" site is just eBay links from my quick review. Now, I can say this and back it up with facts... "Be cautious, VERY cautious when buying an exotic on eBay!" There are deals for sure, but what about the many cars we've checked out for subscribers that turned out to be stolen and re-numbered? Happens more than you think. So there's a car with the S/N listed and you run a carfax or some such and everything checks out... Well not always! Especially when we know of another Ferrari with the EXACT same serial number in another location. Hmmm!!! Just know if you want to "dump" a questionable Ferrari you'd surely choose eBay! OK, all of that said, there are many very honorable sellers and buyers on eBay... Just be smart, we have saved way too many subscribers from a bad eBay purchases! They all ended up being overly thankful they spent the $40 or so dollars on a subscription!

Chad
Ferrari Market Letter
+1 fully agree.
post #18 of 19 Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Owner

Thanks "BOXER" I appreciate you agreeing with us here. The average Ferrari follower can't comprehend what we've actually seen as far as "BAD FERRARI DEALS". We've helped Ferrari buyers out of a HUGE mistakes. The "scam" level on some Ferraris is out of this world. (The "stories" behind a handful of these older V-12s is outright amazing!) The average Ferrarist would have NO idea what they were getting in to!
Chad
Ferrari Market Letter
[email protected]
www.FerrariMarketLetter.com
post #19 of 19 Old 08-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrmktltr View Post
Thanks "BOXER" I appreciate you agreeing with us here. The average Ferrari follower can't comprehend what we've actually seen as far as "BAD FERRARI DEALS". We've helped Ferrari buyers out of a HUGE mistakes. The "scam" level on some Ferraris is out of this world. (The "stories" behind a handful of these older V-12s is outright amazing!) The average Ferrarist would have NO idea what they were getting in to!
Chad
Ferrari Market Letter
[email protected]
www.FerrariMarketLetter.com
Agree, there are a lot of scams and misleading information out there. I would be very very hesitant about every touching an eBay Ferrari.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode