430 Scuderia Gathering in Southern California - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Mike430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
430 Scuderia Gathering in Southern California

It's a beautiful sight - a Ferrari 430 Scuderia pulls out of a parking lot and onto the street, its 4.3-liter V8 changing from an angry rumble to a screaming stallion at 8500 rpm as it accelerates down the road. Now... multiply that by 22. That was the scene in Southern California this weekend where nearly two dozen Ferrari Scuderia owners (sixteen 430 Scuderias and six Scuderia Spider 16Ms specifically) gathered for a mini car show and drive.

Notice the California in the 3rd picture, top left hand side.

More photos can be found at the following link, with links to other websites that also have photos of the day.

http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/...ive/index.html


Attached Images
         
Mike430 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
612 in china

Ferrari 612 in China, more and more ferrari please
www.car-part.com.cn
Attached Images
         
fmc.zkun is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Great pictures and movie. Thanks for sharing it. On a little negative note I see that the "Scuderias" are seen almost allover by now. Many are hitting the market to be sold. I choosed to excersise my end of June 2009 sell option. (I guess my dealer was not very happy) Nevertheless, it was a fantastic experience. I'm open and free now to go for a kind of modern car with hopefully less depreciation potential longterm.
212Export is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
 
Silent Dragon 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Nice post.
Silent Dragon 23 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
It's a beautiful sight - a Ferrari 430 Scuderia pulls out of a parking lot and onto the street, its 4.3-liter V8 changing from an angry rumble to a screaming stallion at 8500 rpm as it accelerates down the road. Now... multiply that by 22. That was the scene in Southern California this weekend where nearly two dozen Ferrari Scuderia owners (sixteen 430 Scuderias and six Scuderia Spider 16Ms specifically) gathered for a mini car show and drive.

Notice the California in the 3rd picture, top left hand side.

More photos can be found at the following link, with links to other websites that also have photos of the day.

[url]http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/ferrariscuderiadrive/index.html[/u


Wow, what a turn-out! Like the white one best ... gorgeous!
flumpy is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Mike430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Africa
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
I choosed to excersise my end of June 2009 sell option. (I guess my dealer was not very happy) Nevertheless, it was a fantastic experience. I'm open and free now to go for a kind of modern car with hopefully less depreciation potential longterm.
Hi 212, did you sell your Scuderia? What modern car with less depreciation potential do you have in mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
On a little negative note I see that the "Scuderias" are seen almost allover by now.
This is true, Ferrari should have kept the production limited as they did with the 360 Challenge Stradale, of which I was told this is not the case when it comes to the Scuderia.
Mike430 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
This is true, Ferrari should have kept the production limited as they did with the 360 Challenge Stradale, of which I was told this is not the case when it comes to the Scuderia.
I would be surprised if the production numbers are really that much more than the CS (around 1,300 examples if I recall) in the end - the crisis hit the Scuderia badly and there are many new/almost new examples for sale. Also, there is only a short time to go until the new model comes out.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
JazzyO is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Owner
 
212Export's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
Hi 212, did you sell your Scuderia? What modern car with less depreciation potential do you have in mind?



This is true, Ferrari should have kept the production limited as they did with the 360 Challenge Stradale, of which I was told this is not the case when it comes to the Scuderia.
Yes I sold it. The Scuderia is a fantastic car and i would urge everybody who looks out to buy a great no problem, great performance Ferrari to keep a steady eye on the Scuderias prices. I expect the prices to level out its natural depreciation level in 2 -3 years at round 65% of its sticker price (like the stradale's price behaviour), means 120'-130 Euros for a Scud will be a great deal to own up-to-date "Ferrariness". I could personally even imagine to buy a Scud again in 3 years at a much lower price than my todays sale price because I honestly think that its the best you get for the money in Ferrari terms.

The "less" or "none" depreciation cars for me are the F40 and F50. I is my outmost Ferrari dream to own a F50, but as I can see recently, they do not sell easily (for sellers) these days. I'm very keen to wait for "the" correct one (provenience/price) to show up. The season '09 is almost over, I own the Daytona, therefore no hurry at all. We will see, maybe it stays a dream.
212Export is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale