Luca di Montezemolo auctions his personal 599GTB - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Luca di Montezemolo auctions his personal 599GTB

First Ferrari car on online auction

Montezemolo's Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for research
For the first time Ferrari dedicates one of the Company's cars to an online auction. For the occasion a very special model has been chosen for an equally important cause: Chairman Luca di Montezemolo offers his personal 599 GTB Fiorano to sponsor young researchers working on projects dedicated to technological innovation.
Ferrari has always promoted scientific research and has been helping young researchers with their work. Therefore the Company embraces the web's opportunity to involve all its clients into this charity auction.

Details:
5776 km, F1 gearbox, 5999cc, 2-door coupé, fuel type: petrol.

Exterior: red Rosso Monza, Carbon – Ceramic brake system with Aluminium calipers. 20" monolithic wheel rims
and Run Flat Bridgestone tyres

Interior: Charcoal leather interior trim, including head liner,rear bench and steering wheel, with dark grey carpeting and stitching.
Carbon-fibre details in the driver area and in its lower sections (door panels).
Steering-wheel with carbon elements and 5 LEDs to display the engine rpm

Equipment: Cascade Sat-Nav, I-Pod®

The car comes with a certificate of authenticity engraved with Chairman Luca di Montezemolo's signature, which will be handed over to the winner of the 599 GTB Fiorano's auction on the occasion of the handover in Maranello.

This auction is reserved to Ferrari clients only.
In case you are interested in participating in the auction you can make an offer, supplying your personal data including your telephone number, by sending an email to
[email protected].

Current bid at the time of posting this thread is €185,000.00

Here is the link to Ferrari.com for more info and to watch a video with Luca's message:

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/...-Research.aspx
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike430; 06-16-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Too bad he is not auctioning off his 360 Barchetta. That I would be seriously interested in.

Bridgestone tires on a 599 GTB ?????? Why???
post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Too bad he is not auctioning off his 360 Barchetta. That I would be seriously interested in.

Bridgestone tires on a 599 GTB ?????? Why???
I remember the 360 Barchetta, it was a once off given to Luca for his wedding by the boss of Fiat a few years ago wasn't it? I'm sure he would get a lot more for it than the 599. Haven't seen any recent pics of it.

I would think the 599 would have Pirelli Pzero Corsa tires on it or something in that class. I know these type of tires are used on the Scud and 360 CS but let's not kid the 599 is no pransing horse lacking power or speed.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

The auction has come to a close and the 599 is now sold...

Luca di Montezemolo’s 599 GTB first Ferrari sold online

Maranello, 30th June 2009 - The online auction of Luca di Montezemolo’s 599 GTB Fiorano on our website drew to a close. The Ferrari Chairman sold his car on the internet to collect funds for young researchers, working on projects in the area of technological innovation. The auction was a complete success, as this special car was sold for Euro 260,000 to a buyer who wants to remain anonymous, letting Forza make the offers.

With this initiative Ferrari reconfirms its attention for research and especially for young researchers. Besides the constant investment of around 18% of the manufacturer’s turnover every year for development and research in the area of new models, Ferrari also offers several scholarships for researchers at Universities all over the world in the areas of the reduction of emissions, men-machine interface and the reduction of the cars’ weights. Therefore the Laboratorio MilleChili at the University of Modena has been opened several weeks ago.

The initiative on our website represents a further novelty: it is the first time that a Ferrari has been sold on the internet, a form of communication more and more important to stay in touch with clients and fans.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode