American kids vs. English kids - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
American kids vs. English kids

I was reading an interesting article defending America and her world standing. It was titled "I Blame England for Everything". It made a lot of sense. The author had actually worked in the UK before and he notes, "All they ever did was talk about soccer, fight about soccer and watch soccer drunk. They'd watch games at 10 in the morning, stumble into work drunk and proceed to insult everyone. You can take the lad out of England, but you can't take the haughty, imperialist alcoholic out of the lad. "

But of course, there's the children. I absolutely loved the picture he posted showing the subtle differences between American children and English children:
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-06-2009, 01:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Actually... the kid on the right is Dutch. The club he's flipping the finger for is Feyenoord Rotterdam. You'll notice the big F on the badge on his T-shirt. Pete will tell you that the port of Rotterdam is the third (or something like that) largest port in the world and they have the coolest way of defending itself against rising floodwaters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maeslantkering

But the point about the blaming might be true. Where can I find this article?
post #3 of 16 Old 06-06-2009, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Bas,
The article is here: http://www.cracked.com/article_17310...e-america.html

Be forewarned though. If I know you you will end up spending several hours on this website.

Capt. Pete

post #4 of 16 Old 06-06-2009, 10:59 AM

Meh... I very disagree with him. He's prone to stereotyping EVERYTHING, and absolutely NOTHING is the fault of his oh so precious america. No offense, but your previous administration really did screw up a lot of things. That's not to say that the Proper Civilized World (by which I ofcourse mean Europe ) didn't mess up on its own in the past, it just means that the blame should be spread. Not just shoved our way. You wanted to be your own country, at least have the decency to shoulder some of the responsibility when you finally got it. "But he did it too" was a bad excuse when you were 6, and it's a bad excuse for a country.

I got to love the fact though that he's trying to make a point with the children... and then completely messes it up. The kid on the right is still dutch, and so has nothing to do with England As a proper brit would say: tosser!

Last edited by Boxer; 06-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Gotta agree with you Bas.

The picture of the American kid must have been faked. Aren't all American kids at least 250 lbs by the time they are 3 yrs old?

Archie
post #6 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
"But he did it too" was a bad excuse when you were 6, and it's a bad excuse for a country.
one of your best replies in this forum for sure, Basosz!

I agree 100% hehehehe but don't be too hard with Pete, he's just an innocent red neck!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #7 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
Did not "LEARN"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
Meh... I very disagree with him. He's prone to stereotyping EVERYTHING, and absolutely NOTHING is the fault of his oh so precious america. No offense, but your previous administration really did screw up a lot of things. That's not to say that the Proper Civilized World (by which I ofcourse mean Europe ) didn't fuck up on its own in the past, it just means that the blame should be spread. Not just shoved our way. You wanted to be your own country, at least have the decency to shoulder some of the responsibility when you finally got it. "But he did it too" was a bad excuse when you were 6, and it's a bad excuse for a country.

I got to love the fact though that he's trying to make a point with the children... and then completely fucks it up. The kid on the right is still dutch, and so has nothing to do with England As a proper brit would say: tosser!
You were banned once for using offensive and demeaning language, and it is obvious by the post above you did not learn a thing. WHY!!! is it necessary to use the "F" word repeatedly in your comments, answer plain and simple..."It is NOT"!!!, I hope you didn't unpack your bags after your last banning, because you won't be here long!....Mark.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

It's OK, Bas is just mad because I mistook a Dutch child for an English one. Hard to tell the difference.

Capt. Pete
post #9 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Owner

No Excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
It's OK, Bas is just mad because I mistook a Dutch child for an English one. Hard to tell the difference.
Bas was warned repeatedly and eventually banned, Was given another chance and quickly reverted to his old "Bad Manners", As Bas stated "But he did it to", Was a "bad excuse" when you were "6"....Bas is a grown man...."He" should have no "EXCUSE", but I am sure we will hear a poor attempt at "ONE".....Mark.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
Bas was warned repeatedly and eventually banned, Was given another chance and quickly reverted to his old "Bad Manners", As Bas stated "But he did it to", Was a "bad excuse" when you were "6"....Bas is a grown man...."He" should have no "EXCUSE", but I am sure we will hear a poor attempt at "ONE".....Mark.
I have no idea what you are babbling on about. Bad structuring of sentences, misquoting and not making any sense whatsoever seems to be your trademark. I applaud that. Consistency is very important. Keep it up!

Anyway... on to the matter at hand: Excuse for what? and what did I "do too because someone else did it"?? If you think that using the "f-word" (watch out George Carlin... let's not use the seven deadly words) is a major sin then I think you should have your brain checked. I think you should do that anyway but that's a whole other matter. About me quickly reverting to so-called "bad manners"... I find you to be somewhat of an idiot (opinion, this should be allowed) since you obviously cannot count or actually read anything other than just this thread as I've done lots of posts since being banned (which to be fair was sort of a vacation from having to read your posts which I find mind numbingly stupid - again... opinion) before using the f-word a grand total of TWO times in this thread. If you find that "quickly" then I am forced to reaffirm my earlier opinion of you. Besides... I only pointed out what (I think) should be universally known.

However...in the spirit of cooperation I apologize for using the f-word. I regret that anyone might feel slighted or hurt by my use of this insanely offensive word. Maybe that's why it's used so much in pretty much ALL media. I don't know. I got to love the fact though that the admin cleaned up the language in my original post, but it does not appear to have filtered through to Mr. Redhead-Seeker's quoting me I therefore now postulate that Mr. Redhead-Seeker used the f-word in one of HIS posts and owes everyone an apology.

In the same train of expressing ones opinion of word use... Mr. Redhead Seeker, please stop typing my name in your posts. I find it very offensive that someone whose intellect I find lacking (opinion) uses it so frakking (this better? I can also use "Frel" from "Farscape". It won't matter... everyone will still know what it means) often in his posts. Which again makes me wonder why on earth you do that. Can you give me an answer to that?

Last edited by Basosz; 06-07-2009 at 02:20 PM.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Actually you didn't. The author of the article did. You just copied the picture. You could not have known. No harm done.

Hey about the pleasure towers... what's it like? Is that where you find those gorgeous young women you seem to be attached to with increasing regularity? I don't mean to imply anything by this, just that one would assume to find low numbers of women on oil-rigs and you have to find em somewhere...

*answer to this: please, in the other thread. I frelled up the different threads *

Last edited by Basosz; 06-07-2009 at 02:20 PM.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Owner

"F" word used in all Media

Bas,Bas,Bas; You state you have no idea what I am talking about, then go on to write 3 paragraphs about something you have no idea about, How is that possible?. You stated that the "F" word is used in all media. I have read in other posts about your passion for science fiction, Star Trek, Battlestar Gallatic, etc, and that you have a collection of over 500, 600 magazines. So my challenge to you Bas is this. If as you stated (incorrectly) that the "F" word is used so prominently in all media, out of all those 500 to 600 magazines you must Bas have at least one example of the "F" word used. I GUARANTEE you Bas, DO NOT!!!!. I also GUARANTEE Bas when you are at the dinner table with your Mom, the "F" word is not used, and if it is....That tells me all I need to know about you Bas......VROOM,VROOM, that is for you and your 11 year old nephew....Mark.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
I'm gonna throw one out there....WTF?!?!?! I am so confused as to why people are arguing on FL....this just shouldn't happen. Here is my 2 cents: Mark, just let the Admin deal with what Bas types. He has been on this forum for quite a long time, and the majority of the regulars know that he is joking, and he also knows the limits. There is absolutely no sense in arguing on a friendly forum.

P.S.-Don't attack me now....I'm just an innocent child that knows nothing of the world

Oh yea...and I have cyber-guns!

Oh yea, Pete it was quite a funny article and picture

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #14 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Owner

Won't think of it

Chris; I would never think of attacking a kid that works at McSeizure, you might drop something in my milkshake. Chris, you have over 3,000 posts would you ever drop the "F" bomb twice in a post and then try to defend it, as being something that shouldn't offend anyone?, I think not. There is something know as common courtesy and civility and respect towards others that I believe should be demonstrated at all times not only on a website, but in society at large. There is a reason that at McSeizures you ask a customer, May I help you?, not!, May I fuxxking help you?, unless of course in the Netherlands they have a different greeting system?.....Mark. ps, Chris, If Bas knew the limits and respected them we won't be having this conversation.

Last edited by Redhead Seeker; 06-07-2009 at 09:25 PM.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465

Oh no! Not this again!!!

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #16 of 16 Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Owner

Copyrighted

Tony; How did you get my picture?
Closed Thread