Pre LeMans Update from Dominik Farnbacher - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Pre LeMans Update from Dominik Farnbacher

A Drivers Network and FerrariLife exclusive.

Pre LeMans Update:[/B][/SIZE]

By: Dominik Farnbacher

I am on the way to the states again. I will have a test on Monday and Wednesday in Summitpoint, to get the new Diff to work better on the Panoz.

I have started to prepare for the LeMans race in the Ferrari..I have been working a lot on my fitness..running everyday for an hour or more. I feel very sore..haha.. But it will be very warm in Lemans this year; so I need to be in good shape.

I will race for my dads team in the F430; the name of the team is Hankook Team Farnbacher, and we are sponcored by Hankook. My teammates will be Allan Simonsen from Denmark and Christian Montanari from Italy. All 3 of us are very young drivers . So it was good news to hear that Hankook will bring 4 umbrellagirls straight from Asia..so we are really looking forward to that too. LOL..

I will get to the track on Sunday night, because there will be a lot of preorganization and the first practice will be on Wednesday. I will drive to the race with our mechanics straight from Germany, to the middle of France....so it will be a long trip, but it's always fun to hang with them. All our mechanics work fulltime for my dad, in our dealerships. So I know them all by heart. (ha.) But driving for my fathers team, its not only joy for me . I will help to get the truck unloaded and I will help build up the pitequipment and tents. Not always the glamore life you see on TV.

We are still preparing our Ferrari F430 in our shop. We are repainting it, we just rebuilt the engine, the gearbox, the shocks and will put new driveshafts and uprights in. So all in all the mechanics work 24/7 to get the car ready for next week. Its a lot of work for such a big race.

I am definatelly looking forward to the race, and the 300,000fans, the driversparate on Friday and the great racetrack.

For me it was an unbelievable feeling to drive there 2006. I was so excited. also we finished 2nd..so my goal for this year is to win. and we have a good chance..with 3 pro drivers. but you never know..everything can happen. lets see. I will keep u updated to share the exciting race with u guys.

Dominik

Last edited by Andrew; 06-03-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
Good Post. Dominik, When your at Le Mans do your guys stay in bus, hotel or condos? All the time spent at track before the race or do you get a chance to run around town some?
post #3 of 8 Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 114
LeMans

Good luck Dominik! It was always a dream to go to race, but one I never fulfilled. Maybe some day. Many grt drivers there both present and past.
Docf

post #4 of 8 Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Good Luck Dominik; we'll be watching.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-12-2009, 01:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Dominik, I have NO idea who you are but I wish you all the best of luck in the race. Le Mans is possibly THE biggest and most important race of the year and I can only imagine how cool it would be to be there either as a spectator or a driver.

My PC/TV is going to be on 24/7 this weekend
post #6 of 8 Old 06-12-2009, 07:47 AM

FYI Dominik Farnbacher is currently in 3rd place in American LeMans Series racing with Panoz. He also races a Ferrari in the Le Mans Series in Europe for his dad who has Farnbacher Racing and has raced Porsche's in Grand Am for Farnbacher Lowes.

I agree he has been given an opportunity only most can dream of, but he has also proved himself to be able to run with the best of them as he has acheived many wins.

Good Luck Dominik.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
haha guys that was not dominick posting that, that was an interview. dominick is a german racing driver and is very good also

I want to Race.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-15-2009, 06:44 PM

Actually that was a post from an email I got directly from Dominik for Panoz Life and forwarded to Andrew to post here. Dominik has agreed to give us an update with both his Ferrari and Panoz racing this season. He's emailed me an update, we have edited it a bit for a little smoother translation and I did ask him questions about his pre race routine; but this was written by him for Ferrari Life.

Anyways, I'm glad you agree that he is a good driver and I beleive he is very much one of the few hot up and commers in the racing world and we're happy to have him taking part with us. His intention is to join in as a member and post along with us.

Lets see how this all workout and feel free to ask him any questions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode