The End of Battlestar Galactica - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-21-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
The End of Battlestar Galactica

Last night (friday) was the last episode of Battlestar Galactica. Now I know that some of you here are somewhat SciFi fans, and some of you are not. There was however a moment that I believe every Ferrari fan here should see. It's in the last minute of the episode, and you will see something concerning your favorite car brand.

Also about the episode:

[BSG hysteria]

THANK THE LORDS OF KOBOL IT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME I NEARLY PISSED MY PANTS GOOD GRIEF THE FX AND THE STORY AND THE EARTH AND ALL THE MUSIC IT WAS SO BEAUTIFULL I WANT MORE BUT IT'S OVER I WANNA GO SEE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I LOVE BSG AND IT WAS A PERFECT ENDING TO A PERFECT SERIES

[/BSG hysteria]

sorry about that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Don't be sorry, I'm with you all the way. I had all 4 series downloaded and have been avoiding opening this thread just in case you gave anything away.
Just watched the last one last night and seen what your talking about in the last minute.
A truely brilliant series. It all came together well for the finale. And very sad to. One of the things I liked about it was the amount of thought it provoked.

Alls not lost as I believe there are a few offshoots on the way next year. Ones called Caprica if I remember right and it's about how the Cylons came about.

Do feel a ltiile lost now it's all over though. Need to find a fix from somewere else now.

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
post #3 of 24 Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

The pilot for "Caprica" was online last week or so and it's really good. If they keep up the quality for that, it's a real to-stay-home-for series.

One thing about the BSG finale that really ticked my clock was Starbuck. Where did she go? She was dead. Everything is (sorta) explainable... even the Head-Six and Head-Baltar that were in Baltar and Six... but not Starbuck. That, and the fact that I don't think all the cylons that were not with the BSG fleet are dead and thus still a scourge for the galaxy so where are they now, 150.000 years later, really gripes me.

All in all... one of the absolute best TV series ever.

post #4 of 24 Old 04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
I never got into the new Battlestar Galactica. I mean I watched a few episodes and it was good but I never followed it.

The original, however, was a staple in my house when I was younger. My Dad and I watched it every week. We also watched the original Star Trek and the Six Million Dollar Man.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #5 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Owner

Garage
Aww Pete you need to go and download them from the start again and watch them. I see it's came second in the US top ten of shows belind the Sopranos. It really is that good. I got one of my work mates into it and he's hooked now.

Baz you need to watch Battlestar "Razor" and "the Plan". They fill in a few blanks as well. I watched Razor last night. I haven't got hold of the Plan yet but I have Caprica to watch tonight all being well.

www.maranellohouse.com
post #6 of 24 Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Razor was awesome !! I love Admiral Cain even though she's quite not-nice. Haven't heard of "The Plan" though. I did see the Webisodes of young Bill Adama. It was with the experimenting stuff. Quite illuminating.

I've been working my way through entire BSG again for a few weeks now and it's so totally wicked good. I rally really love it. Baltar is played to perfection. Everytime he opens his mouth I wanna strangle the bastard, but that's just great acting !!! I've never seen the Sopranos (mafia stuff doesn't hold my interest... I don't wanna see The Godfather trilogy either) but I really can NOT imagine that it's better than BSG.
post #7 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 AM
Owner

Garage
Remember I said on one the other threads that I was having a senior moment. Well I just found out I've had another one.
The plan isn't due out until June 1st. Wondered why I could find it last night

www.maranellohouse.com
post #8 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZ9_1 View Post
Remember I said on one the other threads that I was having a senior moment. Well I just found out I've had another one.
The plan isn't due out until June 1st. Wondered why I could find it last night
What's "The Plan" going to be about? I've sort of been keeping up with the news around BSG, I've known that Caprica was going to come out for quite a while, but I can't remember anything about The Plan. Maybe we should enlist in a retirement home together
post #9 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Owner

Garage
Oh you'll love "the plan". It's about how things unfold from the Cylons perspective.
Apperantly Edward J O has said that once you see it you will want to go right back to the start and watch it all over again because it helps you understand a lot more of what was going on.

I am already Semi retired according to the guys in my work cause I spend more time talking to you lot

www.maranellohouse.com
post #10 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

The Plan sounds great Caprica kind of delves into the history/origins of the Cylons and their war, with The Plan we get their POV which is very cool. Not many TV shows or movies do that. Besides: we can NEVER have too much BSG. I just saw Caprica again and it's sooooooo good. It might even be better than all but the best of the BSG episodes.

I might retire just to watch BSG over and over again. Dementia does come in handy then
post #11 of 24 Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Owner

Garage
Bas I've just read through the posts again and it's occurred to me that anyone new here will think we're about 14

So anyway, watched Caprica last night and although slow, it does give a great insite to were and how it all started. Enjoyed it.

www.maranellohouse.com
post #12 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Bas I've just read through the posts again and it's occurred to me that anyone new here will think we're about 14
I see no fault in that Thinking young keeps me young !! To hell what other people think. BSG is the BEST !!
Quote:
So anyway, watched Caprica last night and although slow, it does give a great insite to were and how it all started. Enjoyed it.
I agree that it's quite slow but it really was awesome. It also had the girl that played Andie in Kyle XY (she's hot) and the kid who became the first Cylon (also hot) and hot girls are a perfect excuse to watch anything. Joseph Adama was also very cool. We've heard about him before, specially around the time of Baltar's trial, but now we get to see more of him and his connections to the maffia kind of thing there. Awesome potential in Caprica.
post #13 of 24 Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Wow, this is an old thread Battle Star Galactica ended in 1979.

Murph lll
512BBi
360Modena
post #14 of 24 Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Wow, this is an old thread Battle Star Galactica ended in 1979.
No Mate we're talking about the new BSG series which has just finished 4 seasons.

www.maranellohouse.com
post #15 of 24 Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
I'm sad to see it go... I have yet to see Caprica, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it measures up to BG.

Top Gear 10 (http://tr.im/bbcashop) is the first-ever, full season DVD release of Top Gear to hit North America. Are you a big Stig fan? Ask me about free copies!

I'm working with BBC Video.
post #16 of 24 Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgraham View Post
I'm sad to see it go... I have yet to see Caprica, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it measures up to BG.
It'll give you a better understanding of the series.

www.maranellohouse.com
post #17 of 24 Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
You mean you're not?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #18 of 24 Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
You mean you're not?
Certainly not in body!

www.maranellohouse.com
post #19 of 24 Old 06-03-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

As taken from eztv.net:

BSG: 'The Plan' and 'Caprica' Updates

Instead of going through withdrawal, fans of “Battlestar Galactica” can breathe a sigh of relief. The Sci Fi Channel has given the green light to both “Caprica,” a prequel to the four-season space war phenomenon, and “Battlestar Galactica: The Plan,” a two-hour TV movie set to air in the fall.

The spin-off series “Caprica” premieres with a two-hour pilot, available on DVD and digital download since April. The pilot will be re-released along with the 18-episode first season of “Caprica,” scheduled for broadcast in early 2010.

“Caprica” takes place in the same universe, 58 years before the events of “Battlestar Galactica.” Though it is a prequel, it is self-contained. Viewers can enjoy and understand the show with no prior knowledge of “Battlestar Galactica.” And unlike “BSG,” “Caprica” is less about the space battles and more about family drama and political intrigue. The series takes place on the planet Caprica, a world just a few technological leaps and bounds ahead of our own. To give the show a retro feel, much of the costume and set design is based on 1950’s styles.

Welcome to a civilization drunk on its own success, dizzy with the possibilities of unlimited technology, and darkened by ethnic and class prejudice. “Caprica” tells the story of two families who lose their daughters in a terrorist attack, and go to extreme measures to get them back. It stars Eric Stoltz as Daniel Graystone, a technological entrepreneur who develops artificial intelligence in order to clone his dead daughter, and Esai Morales as Joseph Adama (father of “BSG”s William Adama), a lawyer who wrestles with the moral implications of bringing his own daughter back to life as a robot.

Are the two resurrected daughters the first Cylons? Is this where the war in Battlestar Galactica all began? Producer Ron Moore isn’t telling yet. But he has stated that he wants to reach a larger demographic than “BSG”s science fiction cult following. The show is essentially a family drama, taking place entirely earth-bound (or Caprica-bound, if you will). Moore hopes that the lack of spaceships and military action will appeal to female viewers.

Can’t wait a whole year for “Caprica”? The Sci Fi Channel has you covered. “The Plan,” a two-hour movie directed by Edward James Olmos (star of “Battlestar Galactica”) is set to air in the fall. Written by “BSG” veteran Jane Espenson, “The Plan” retells the story of “BSG” from the point of view of the Cylons. “The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. There are many copies. And they have a plan.” Get it? “The Plan” stars many of “BSG”s series regulars, including Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Michael Hogan, Aaron Douglas, and Olmos himself. Like “Battlestar Galactica: Razor,” “The Plan” takes place during the events of the television series, and fills in the gaps left open by the human-centric original plot.

source: http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...ci-fi-channel/

*jumps up and down on his chair with excitement*
post #20 of 24 Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Owner

Garage
**And still jumping**.

Only worried Caprica might not be they way I hoped though.

www.maranellohouse.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode