The Finest Car and the Finest Overall Vehicle of the Last Century - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
The Finest Car and the Finest Overall Vehicle of the Last Century

Of course, the finest car of the last century is the 550 Maranello. You all know that fact. There is no debate about this. It holds three records which can never be taken away: fastest 100 kilometers, fastest 100 miles, and the furthest driven in one hour.

The best overall vehicle may have some debate. Well, here is my opinion. My 1994 Dodge Caravan 4 wheel drive vehicle does everything best except go fast. It does well under 100 mph but cannot handle 200 mph like the beast.

It carried many Boy Scouts to a winter skiing site. All the other cars, trucks, and vans stopped to put on chains. My little thing just kept on trucking. After passing all the other vehicles, a scout in the back said, “Mr. Duesler, This is a cool van.” Wow, that said it all and made me very happy.

Having 165,000 milers on it has amortized the cost well. I am able to carry seven with seat belts and 10 without; with all passengers being very conformable in my van. A 4 x 8 panel fits in it. I can go somewhat over size but it may cause the shotgun rider a problem. Oh, well!

Darn. Being painted in 1994, the first year of new paint regulations, it sucks. I must re paint it, maybe at Earl Scheib or maybe not. Heck, the front driver’s seat is very worn. The Kelley Blue Book says it is worthless. Crap.

Bonzi!!!

My thing meets my needs and does what I need of it. Only the 550 is better.

I am so sorry for those who have nothing. Maybe I should give one away. No, that will not work. Work for what you need. Do not let the government give anything to you. A Maranello and Caravan are worth the work.

12 cylinders or walk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode