New Camaro - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
New Camaro

This is the second one I have seen in the flesh on public roads. I think it looks great. I still believe that it isn't out to even order yet. Very aggressive looking car.
Attached Images

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Doesn't do it for me Chris. Why are American cars so ugly and look like they have been styled to look like a brick? The European mass produced equivalents are so much nicer to look at - Alfa GT, the new Renault coupe, Audi A5, BMW 3 series coupe...etc
I think you need some of Europe's top designers working on American cars, it might also save the US car industry, if it starts making cars that Europeans want to buy and that the interior trim doesn't feel like it's made out of the plastic wrapping on the inside of a cookie tin.

Archie
post #3 of 18 Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Doesn't do it for me Chris. Why are American cars so ugly and look like they have been styled to look like a brick? The European mass produced equivalents are so much nicer to look at - Alfa GT, the new Renault coupe, Audi A5, BMW 3 series coupe...etc
I think you need some of Europe's top designers working on American cars, it might also save the US car industry, if it starts making cars that Europeans want to buy and that the interior trim doesn't feel like it's made out of the plastic wrapping on the inside of a cookie tin.
I will be honest, I don't like 90% of American cars or designs. I have a limited list that I do like. This new Camaro, Cobalt SS/TC, '98-'02 Pontiac Trans AM, C5-C6 vettes, and a few others. I don't like really any of the other new retro designs. The insides are mostly cheap and plastic. I'm not a huge fan of the Alfa and renault styling. I do however love the BMW 3 series and Audi A5. I like most cars but most American cars just don't do it for me. I think my next car may be a '90s BMW 3 series if I can find a good one. They are just so much more reliable.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France

post #4 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Like the new Challenger I love that Camaro too. Though I love American muscle cars so am biased. I would love a 66 Mustang fastback. Me and a pal (who owns a 70 Charger 383 second picture) go to a American car meet once a month. There is a Mustang just like this in red. It would look great next to my Mondy or future 355.
Attached Images

post #5 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Those look like Cragar SS wheels on the Charger -- are they? I used to have some on my '74 Charger SE.

Regading the new Camaro -- I think it looks thick, blocky, and ugly. And as with every other new product, GM is late to the game -- in this case, at least a year or two behind the retro Mustang and retro Challenger (both of which I also think are thick, blocky, and ugly). Put any of those new muscle cars next to their 60s/70s counterparts, and you'll see just how fat the new ones are.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #6 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Rear looks to me like an American BMW and front reminds me of a Mustang ? I'm distorted. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #7 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Rear looks to me like an American BMW and front reminds me of a Mustang ? I'm distorted. w/ smiles Jimmy
Definitely has a Mustang like front end.

post #8 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Owner

And a new-Challenger-like profile, particularly rear quarter window and fender. . .

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #9 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Owner

I think the tail lights look cool . . . although they look more old Challenger or Javelin than they do Camaro . . .

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #10 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Owner

Chris,

Is it wearing a manufacturer plate, or a regular street plate?

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #11 of 18 Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
Chris,

Is it wearing a manufacturer plate, or a regular street plate?
It is a regular Michigan license plate. It has to be a high up GM employee because you can't buy them yet. I have seen one with a manufacturer license plate.

post #12 of 18 Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
Those look like Cragar SS wheels on the Charger -- are they? I used to have some on my '74 Charger SE.
Yes they are.
post #13 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 05:30 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
Absolutely stunning looking car. It finished the circle of the rebirth of the muscle car which started with the Mustang. The Camaro turned out the most beautiful of the three...again.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectra17 View Post
Absolutely stunning looking car. It finished the circle of the rebirth of the muscle car which started with the Mustang. The Camaro turned out the most beautiful of the three...again.
Too bad there won't be a Trans Am, because that would walk away with 1st

post #15 of 18 Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
Mustang started "IT"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectra17 View Post
How can you even think or consider that the mustang???!!! started the rebirth of the muscle car,,,have you never heard of the Corvette!! as long as we are on this subject, The original Charger was a 2 door!, so "WHY" is the new Charger a 4 door? UGLY UGLY UGLY, and DETROIT wants to know why it's going "BROKE"!!!
post #16 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
How can you even think or consider that the mustang???!!! started the rebirth of the muscle car,,,have you never heard of the Corvette!! as long as we are on this subject, The original Charger was a 2 door!, so "WHY" is the new Charger a 4 door? UGLY UGLY UGLY, and DETROIT wants to know why it's going "BROKE"!!!
have I heard of corvette? check out my history and you'll see, lol. The thing is the Corvette has always been around, and its looks have become civilized.
post #17 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Too bad there won't be a Trans Am, because that would walk away with 1st
The car has just been released, it is too early for any hi spec edition, but it is not difficult to predict an SS 7 liter :-)
post #18 of 18 Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

I went to Buff Whelan Chevrolet yesterday and the guy told me that the Camaros are now out, and they could arrive any day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode