MPC Corp - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-17-2009, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
MPC Corp

Don't ever buy anything from Gateway or MPC Corporation. I was never contacted that the company filed for Chapter 11. It says all warranties are affected. They filed for bankruptcy November 7th 2008. I have a 4 year warranty with 2 years left on it for a $2,500 laptop I purchased from Gateway through my University.

In July 2008 my speakers stopped working, and in August they promptly replaced them only to find out that it wasn't the speakers it was the motherboard. In October the motherboard was to be replaced under warranty, as my hard-drive had been about a year previous. The motherboard had been out of stock and the projected date to receive it was somewhere around Oct-Nov. I emailed many times and haven't been able to get a hold of them. This wasn't a big issue due to the fact that I had my laptop hooked up to external speakers. This past week my wireless went out on the laptop so I haven't been able to use it. My family is on a cruise and I am home alone, thus allowing me to use our home computer. I have no way to access the company due to their phone numbers will not allow you to talk to anyone.

What would you do in this situation?

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
My family is on a cruise and I am home alone.........................
What would you do in this situation?
I'd invite one of your college sororities over for a pajama party and start feeding them tequila.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 4 Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
I'd invite one of your college sororities over for a pajama party and start feeding them tequila.
Hahaha, how didn't I guess you would've twisted that around on me...yet a great idea It is midterm week...so not much partying is going to go on here.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete

post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Hahaha, how didn't I guess you would've twisted that around on me...yet a great idea It is midterm week...so not much partying is going to go on here.
Gee, I didn't think I twisted it around. I thought I cut right though to an obvious solution. There aren't many problems out there that can't be ignored or forgotten with a room full of hot, young girls dancing around in their pajamas and nighties (or even less after the tequila kicks in). Maybe that's how we should have approached the problems in Iraq and Afganistan. Instead of sending in the troops we could have sent in Snoop Dogg to make a Girls Gone Wild video.

As for the computer, I'd assume you have everything you need on your hard drive backed up? I would check with your university and see if they have a number and name of someone you can call and get to a person. I would assume the university does a fair bit of business with Gateway? I'm also assuming you've been to the local Gateway store and talked to them in person? Maybe at least they can fix the wireless.

Hopefully someone else on the forum would have more insight on how to deal with warranty issues in a failing company other then my first suggestion of avoidance using drunk college girls.

BTW - I've got a 2 year old Dell XPS and I haven't had any problems with it.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode