Lambo Miura S...simply gorgeous - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-14-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Lambo Miura S...simply gorgeous

Not a Ferrari, but Lamborghini Miura has been a high priority want list car. I did have couple of opportunities to acquire Miura, but things did not work out then, thus I have a Daytona instead. There's this Miura at my friend's shop, brought in from France midway thru resto work and after a year and half, finished work here and has been on sale for some time. Originally a P400 Miura, has now been transformed into Miura S specs. All changes include vented disc brakes, exterior parts, wheels, frameworks, interior details, just to name a few. The outcome is actually quite nice. Now, remember that other "bug" thread I started ? I have been interested in 60's Ferraris like 275GTS, 330GTC, 330GTS, etc. Any thoughts and comments by FL members regarding preferences would be welcomed. Unlike Ferraris, I know that Miuras were never set out as race cars, etc. It was purely a concept car that turned into production cars based solely on demand. But if you ever get behind that wheel for few minutes, you'll understand a different kind of excitement to it. I'll just add some pics of before and after. Thanx for listening to my rant. w/ smiles Jimmy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

There's a correction to my previous pics. I have few pics of Dino details that do not belong here. Please omit, and sorry for my error and happy fingers. w/ smiles Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 02-14-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling correction
post #3 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
It is Simply Stunning Jimmy! Are all the spec changes period 'correct'?

IMHO racing heritage or not, the Miura is automotive history. I have never driven one but it does set the heart beating a litttle faster just looking at it.

PS - Really enjoying your Boxer resto thread!

Last edited by t1fosI; 02-15-2009 at 02:17 AM.

post #4 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
It is Simply Stunning Jimmy! Are all the spec changes period 'correct'?

IMHO racing heritage or not, the Miura is automotive history. I have never driven one but it does set the heart beating a litttle faster just looking at it.

PS - Really enjoying your Boxer resto thread!

Thanx, t1fosI. Yes, the specs changes are period correct. The owner (my friend) of this shop has been in this business for over 30 years and he knows his stuff. Virtually all works, except for body painting, were done in house. Not bad for a small shop of five mechanics. Miura is indeed one of the few exotic cars that is both exciting in motion and in stasis also. Glad you're enjoying the Boxer Resto Thread. Just don't ask me technical questions, please. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #5 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Absolutely amazing looking

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #6 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Owner
Elite Member

On Days Like These...

post #7 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post

Gosh, t1fosI...thanx a bunch for that geat YouTube. Loved that road scene and blue sky backdrop. Maybe I need to start smoking, shave my forehead and look mean to be like him. Sad to see that car mangled like that. Maybe that was the car the French shop was restoring ??? Hope not. Thanx again. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #8 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Jimmy, that is simply BEAUTIFUL!!

And how great would it look next to your Dino??? Oh boy, if you buy this car I'll seriously think about going to Japan just to see your garage on the metal!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #9 of 17 Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Gosh, t1fosI...thanx a bunch for that geat YouTube. Loved that road scene and blue sky backdrop. Maybe I need to start smoking, shave my forehead and look mean to be like him. Sad to see that car mangled like that. Maybe that was the car the French shop was restoring ??? Hope not. Thanx again. w/ smiles Jimmy

Jimmy, all you need to do is take Boxer up on his offer! Although he does have a tendency to get lost...but I think that is just an excuse to drive around the block again

...or you could always borrow the Miura for an extended (european) test drive! hahaha!

post #10 of 17 Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Gorgeous Jimmy. I like those beautiful "pipes" so near behind the headrest's!
post #11 of 17 Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Having been lucky enough to see a few Muiras up close and follow one down the road once, they are simply beautiful cars with an amazing soundtrack. By far my favorite Lambo. Talking to a few owners, they all complain that the front end gets light at speed and the handling can be tricky. They also have a habit of catching fire and you need to be very careful with the carb set up and maintenance.
post #12 of 17 Old 02-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Having been lucky enough to see a few Muiras up close and follow one down the road once, they are simply beautiful cars with an amazing soundtrack. By far my favorite Lambo. Talking to a few owners, they all complain that the front end gets light at speed and the handling can be tricky. They also have a habit of catching fire and you need to be very careful with the carb set up and maintenance.
That's called character and is what makes those cars so endearing to their owners and fans. The Merc 300 SL Gullwing door car had terrible handling in high speed corners but they are still one of the most sought after cars in the world. I also heard about the Miura trying to take off at higher speeds but who cares? It's quirks like that (even though some are dangerous) that make classic cars so very likeable. I prefer to look at it this way: Whevever something quirky happens to a classic, it's just another story to tell. I love those stories since they add to the character of the car which brings me back to the beginning of my argument
post #13 of 17 Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Looks fabulous!!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #14 of 17 Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 AM

Also... I agree with the general sentiment here that the Miura is a gorgeous car.
post #15 of 17 Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
I agree with everyone else too. Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. It could drive like a dog, but would still be the best car Lambo ever made.

Archie
post #16 of 17 Old 02-25-2009, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I've been away for few days, sorry for the belated thank you reply. Yes, those stacks (pipes) are gorgeous to look at directly or indirectly behind you thru mirror. It also has a functional purpose to help prevent unwanted engine catching fire under heavy traffic driving. As for the engine noise (sound), several years ago I joined a local driving event and happened to drive my Dino behind a Miura. If some of you don't know, a Dino makes enough engine noise beyond certain RPM and I swear that I could not hear my Dino's noise due to Miura's louder sound in front of me. It is that noisy. Anyway, she's a timeless beauty, albeit middle aged. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #17 of 17 Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Anyway, she's a timeless beauty, albeit middle aged. w/ smiles Jimmy
May I suggest some women who are at their slightly advanced are still stunning beauty's?

Category old:
- Bo Derek
- Sophia Loren

Category slightly less old:
- Amanda Tapping (one of my favorites)
- Melinda Clark
- Fiona from Burn Notice
- Judge Amy from Judging Amy
- Lauren Graham

All very do-able ladies

I had a point somewhere but I got a bit sidetracked when thinking of the beautifull ladies

I think it was something like this: Middle-aged is just a state of mind. Even when you're talking about cars.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode