Michael Phelps... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Michael Phelps...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...abis-pipe.html

I was wondering what you guys thought of this story.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 10:05 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...abis-pipe.html

I was wondering what you guys thought of this story.
I really could not care less although it may be that's because of the laws in the netherlands which are slightly less restrictive than in the US. Who hasn't done canabis? It's less addictive than alcohol, tabacco and probably a lot of other legal things. It's also not performance enhancing so what's the big deal?
post #3 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
I to dont think its a big deal. Its just a little blow the same as many many millions do, including the rich and powerful from Bruce Lee, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Queen Victoria to President Obama
Its not like anyone can say that it does you no good. Especially when an 8 times Olympic gold medalist takes it as a recreational draw. And i bet he has taken it for years before the Olympics.

post #4 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
I agree this is overblown[sic], but as I don't do drugs and stick to only the 'sauce' like wine beer and some other fine spirits, I think in the US this will be a huge problem for the kid: STuuuppyiiiiiddd

that's blow his millions of endorsements...KIMI, well, it ok, but not this guy

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 AM

Oh yeah you're right... americans are really stuck up and conservative that doing anything other than living a frugal life is a sin so it will probably ruin his sponsorships.
post #6 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
I really could not care less although it may be that's because of the laws in the netherlands which are slightly less restrictive than in the US. Who hasn't done canabis? It's less addictive than alcohol, tabacco and probably a lot of other legal things. It's also not performance enhancing so what's the big deal?
Totally agree with you Bas. The Dutch have the right attitude, but it's a shame that tobacco is banned in coffeeshops now. I went to Amsterdam in December and saw the Police checking for cigarette butts in ashtrays. They werent bothered by the bags of weed on the tables or roaches in the ashtrays - just the packets of Marlboro and filter tips.

I would like to know how many people a year die from alcohol poisoning or alcohol related violence. I bet you can count on the fingers of one hand the numbers who have died of marijuana poisoning

Archie
post #7 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733

post #8 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Totally agree with you Bas. The Dutch have the right attitude, but it's a shame that tobacco is banned in coffeeshops now. I went to Amsterdam in December and saw the Police checking for cigarette butts in ashtrays. They werent bothered by the bags of weed on the tables or roaches in the ashtrays - just the packets of Marlboro and filter tips.

I would like to know how many people a year die from alcohol poisoning or alcohol related violence. I bet you can count on the fingers of one hand the numbers who have died of marijuana poisoning
You have no idea how right you are. If we were to go back perhaps ten to twenty years in lawmaking, the Netherlands would be totally cool. The anti-tabacco law is a joke. Although I do have to admit that since I stopped smoking myself (over a year ago now... November 2007), the amount of annoyance I feel from other smokers has increased significantly. Also, I've always thought the smell of weed was bad. There are several coffeeshops I have to pass when walking home from the busstop, and they all smell bad. They also have patrons that can not park their stupid bikes. I've knocked over several already when walking on the sidewalk which was packed with dumbass-parked bikes.
post #9 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Owner

Quote:
You have no idea how right you are. If we were to go back perhaps ten to twenty years in lawmaking, the Netherlands would be totally cool. The anti-tabacco law is a joke. Although I do have to admit that since I stopped smoking myself (over a year ago now... November 2007), the amount of annoyance I feel from other smokers has increased significantly. Also, I've always thought the smell of weed was bad. There are several coffeeshops I have to pass when walking home from the busstop, and they all smell bad. They also have patrons that can not park their stupid bikes. I've knocked over several already when walking on the sidewalk which was packed with dumbass-parked bikes.
I've been going to Amsterdam 2 or 3 times a year for the last 10 years, I still love it, it is my favorite place in the world - and not for the seedy side, I just love the Dutch way of life. But have to admit the last couple of times I have been I have noticed a hardening of Police attitudes and the City authorities are ruining a good tourist revenue by trying to clean certain parts of the city up.

Archie
post #10 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Archie you are right again. Amsterdam is quite a pretty city. I enjoy going there myself. Lots of unusual shops for me to find the things I look for (specifically books) and it has a very relaxed atmosphere. Trying to clean it up is exactly the wrong thing to do. The debauchery (love that word) is part of what's making Amsterdam so attractive
post #11 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Who hasn't done canabis?
Me

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #12 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Me
LIAR..

The only thing Phelps did wrong was he didn't get a sponsorship endorsement check from the people that grew the stuff..

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #13 of 23 Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
LIAR..

The only thing Phelps did wrong was he didn't get a sponsorship endorsement check from the people that grew the stuff..
Haha, I'm pretty much a goody goody per say. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Thats funny, he's endorsed by everything except for the thing that is making him even more famous

Chris

post #14 of 23 Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Me
+1

never smoked anything, not even regular cigarretes

hate the smell of it =P

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #15 of 23 Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Me
I forgot you're Goody 2-shoes
post #16 of 23 Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Come on Stile and Chris you two remind me of two other guys they also never admitted to go UP IN SMOKE...

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #17 of 23 Old 02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Owner

Admitting you've smoked a bit of weed is hardly a major crime. All I can say is I have been to Amsterdam a lot of times, and I have never broken any laws in Amsterdam

Archie
post #18 of 23 Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
I have never ever in my life ever, drank any form of alcohol be it beer or even wine. Also i have never smoked cigarettes or taken ANY form of drugs from weed to cocaine ect. And thats straight up guys i have always lived a clean life
Although i have no problem with anyone else doing what the hell they like. And i personally dont think its fair that people have to go out side to smoke cigarettes. To me the British pub and smoking goes hand in hand And the amount of pubs that are closing down is very alarming.
post #19 of 23 Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have never ever in my life ever, drank any form of alcohol be it beer or even wine. Also i have never smoked cigarettes or taken ANY form of drugs from weed to cocaine ect. And thats straight up guys i have always lived a clean life
Although i have no problem with anyone else doing what the hell they like. And i personally dont think its fair that people have to go out side to smoke cigarettes. To me the British pub and smoking goes hand in hand And the amount of pubs that are closing down is very alarming.
Thats precisely the way I am. My 21st birthday is coming up and I am about 100% sure I won't be drinking. I told my friend I would if he could give me a valid reason why I should....he hasn't done so yet

post #20 of 23 Old 02-04-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Thats precisely the way I am. My 21st birthday is coming up and I am about 100% sure I won't be drinking. I told my friend I would if he could give me a valid reason why I should....he hasn't done so yet
If you get drunk, your inhibitions melt away like snow to the Florida sun. So what I'm trying to say is... getting drunk gets you laid That should be a valid reason to do pretty much anything

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode