Annoying people... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Annoying people...

I saw this years ago, and I saved If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you on a plane, train or some other close quarters... follow these instructions:

1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.

2. Remove your laptop.

3. Start up

4. Make sure the guy who is annoying you, can see the screen.

5. Close your eyes, let out a big sigh/breath and tilt your head up to the sky.

6. Then HIT THIS: http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Don't forget to say "Allahuh Akhbar"
post #3 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
I will definitely try that sometime

Archie

post #4 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
Don't forget to say "Allahuh Akhbar"
Hahaha!

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #5 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
What I usually do when someone decides that I wanted to spend the next 6 hours hearing about their life is just say, "uh oh." and remove the airsick bag from the seat pocket, open it up and hold it in my lap, tilt my head back, close my eyes and start breathing through my mouth. You'd be suprised how many people do not want to disturb you when you are in this position.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #6 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
What I usually do when someone decides that I wanted to spend the next 6 hours hearing about their life is just say, "uh oh." and remove the airsick bag from the seat pocket, open it up and hold it in my lap, tilt my head back, close my eyes and start breathing through my mouth. You'd be suprised how many people do not want to disturb you when you are in this position.
HAHAHAHAHAHA That is awesome! That also eliminates getting arrested as a terrorist.

Chris

post #7 of 10 Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Pick your nose and eat the boogers. No one wants to talk to that guy. Worked wonders for me on the flight to Barcelona a few years ago. It's a bit gross but hey... at least I got privacy. Also... if you then touch the armrest (always a battle on a plane), guaranteed that you get to use it the ENTIRE flight
post #8 of 10 Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
Pick your nose and eat the boogers. No one wants to talk to that guy. Worked wonders for me on the flight to Barcelona a few years ago. It's a bit gross but hey... at least I got privacy. Also... if you then touch the armrest (always a battle on a plane), guaranteed that you get to use it the ENTIRE flight
Somehow...this does not surprise me

Chris

post #9 of 10 Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Good one Bas, I'll have to try that.

I had a good one last month on my flight from Tokyo to Chicago. It's a 12 hour flight, I had the aisle, some guy wearing a suit had the window. The stewardess was bringing the meal and somehow my beer got tipped over into the lap of this guy sitting next to me. Don't know how it happened, wasn't my fault. I apologized anyway and gave him my napkin and my blanket and whatever else I could do. He wasn't pleased. He went and got his carry-on and changed his pants in the bathroom. Funny thing though, 2 hours later he gets up to go to the bathroom. Well I figure this is probably a good time for me to go also. I get back and there he is with a blanket trying to mop up his seat. I had a glass of water on the armrest and he dumped it into his seat while he was trying to get back in. I was like, "Man, this just ain't your day." I don't think there is anyone in the world that hated me more than that guy did that day. I was clean and dry at the end of the flight. He was wet and he'd already changed once.

Needless to say, we didn't "talk".

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #10 of 10 Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Good one Bas, I'll have to try that.

I had a good one last month on my flight from Tokyo to Chicago. It's a 12 hour flight, I had the aisle, some guy wearing a suit had the window. The stewardess was bringing the meal and somehow my beer got tipped over into the lap of this guy sitting next to me. Don't know how it happened, wasn't my fault. I apologized anyway and gave him my napkin and my blanket and whatever else I could do. He wasn't pleased. He went and got his carry-on and changed his pants in the bathroom. Funny thing though, 2 hours later he gets up to go to the bathroom. Well I figure this is probably a good time for me to go also. I get back and there he is with a blanket trying to mop up his seat. I had a glass of water on the armrest and he dumped it into his seat while he was trying to get back in. I was like, "Man, this just ain't your day." I don't think there is anyone in the world that hated me more than that guy did that day. I was clean and dry at the end of the flight. He was wet and he'd already changed once.

Needless to say, we didn't "talk".
Haha, that is hilarious. Unfortunate for him though. As Roberto said, bad luck comes in three...I wonder what else happened to him...

Chris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode