The funniest Syllabus! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
The funniest Syllabus!

I saw this on my History syllabus, and just had to post it on here. After reading the underlined portions, all I could think about is this is exactly what Pete's syllabus would be like

Chris
Attached Images

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
I think that is pretty funny, very amusing thank you.

Scott
'77 308 GTB
post #3 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
OMG!!! That is exactly what I would write! Good call. If I where an instructor those would be my standing orders. In fact, I might incorporate some of those rules on my ship.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
OMG!!! That is exactly what I would write! Good call. If I where an instructor those would be my standing orders. In fact, I might incorporate some of those rules on my ship.
It is my understanding that a captain can do pretty much anything he wants... so hell yeah !!! DO IT PETE !!! Please please please because that is just awesome. Also: I love that teacher. He voiced what I've been thinking for a long time.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm sure the crew will enjoy them

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #6 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
It is my understanding that a captain can do pretty much anything he wants... so hell yeah !!! DO IT PETE !!! Please please please because that is just awesome. Also: I love that teacher. He voiced what I've been thinking for a long time.
Haha, which part?

Chris

post #7 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Haha, which part?
All parts. But especially the part about "If you don't want to do the work, spend your time and money somewhere else" (paraphrase). I hate my classmates for talking during class. At least... I hate em for talking during class when they are also in the same room as the teacher andme are in. I wanna learn damnit !!! Stop wasting my time with useless chit chat about your period (girls are very good at that) or how much weight you can lift (dumb ass body builder types) that just functions to distract everybody else.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
All parts. But especially the part about "If you don't want to do the work, spend your time and money somewhere else" (paraphrase). I hate my classmates for talking during class. At least... I hate em for talking during class when they are also in the same room as the teacher andme are in. I wanna learn damnit !!! Stop wasting my time with useless chit chat about your period (girls are very good at that) or how much weight you can lift (dumb ass body builder types) that just functions to distract everybody else.
Spot on, I love that part too. Although, if I have to use the bathroom during class, I come back and he won't let me in...that isn't cool. Other than that I agree 100%....oh yea and the 20 page minimum paper due at the end BTW it is a 2 and a half hour class.

Chris

post #9 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

I have guys at work who sometimes complain about how hard it is and how it is a burden to be offshore and away from their family and I say, "Hey, if it was fun and easy they wouldn't call it work. You are paid to be here. This isn't prison. We have helicopters everyday, just let me know when you want to be on one." It pisses me off when a high school dropout making a 6-figure salary and only working half the year complains. Quit already! Go work at 7-11 if that will make you happy.

I had one kid, his first job ever, making $50k a year. He complained to me that he was underpaid. He said, "I could make this money working for UPS and be home every night". I said, "Well then go work for UPS". Another problem solved.

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have guys at work who sometimes complain about how hard it is and how it is a burden to be offshore and away from their family and I say, "Hey, if it was fun and easy they wouldn't call it work. You are paid to be here. This isn't prison. We have helicopters everyday, just let me know when you want to be on one." It pisses me off when a high school dropout making a 6-figure salary and only working half the year complains. Quit already! Go work at 7-11 if that will make you happy.

I had one kid, his first job ever, making $50k a year. He complained to me that he was underpaid. He said, "I could make this money working for UPS and be home every night". I said, "Well then go work for UPS". Another problem solved.
Wow....I did it wrong. I should've dropped out of high school and worked for Pete First job ever $50k a year Roughly $24/hour....good luck with UPS in getting that kind of pay. Kids these days

Chris

post #11 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Wow....I did it wrong. I should've dropped out of high school and worked for Pete First job ever $50k a year Roughly $24/hour....good luck with UPS in getting that kind of pay. Kids these days

Chris
No, you didn't do it wrong, you just went to the wrong school. Right now a maritime academy grad with a USCG license starts at about $60-70k USD/year. Potential earnings is 3 times that. Plus bonuses. But there is a cap on a seaman's salary. There is no cap on a dentist's salary. I don't know what dentists make but I do know that my dentist lives in a way fancier house than the one I pay for my wife to live in and he's got 2 Ferrari's.

Capt. Pete
post #12 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No, you didn't do it wrong, you just went to the wrong school. Right now a maritime academy grad with a USCG license starts at about $60-70k USD/year. Potential earnings is 3 times that. Plus bonuses. But there is a cap on a seaman's salary. There is no cap on a dentist's salary. I don't know what dentists make but I do know that my dentist lives in a way fancier house than the one I pay for my wife to live in and he's got 2 Ferrari's.
Dentist's start at over $100k usually. Working for someone you make around $130k/year and owning your own practice it goes up from there. Our resident Dentist Jimmy could correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris

post #13 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Dentist's start at over $100k usually. Working for someone you make between $130-$150k/year and owning your own practice it goes up from there. Our resident Dentist Jimmy could correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris
So you are on the right track. You know what you want. You'll get there. Keep at it. Me, I was happy where I was, going through a bitter divorce kind of numbs you. I'm going to lose everything I worked my whole life for. My advice- don't marry an American girl!

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 14 Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
So you are on the right track. You know what you want. You'll get there. Keep at it. Me, I was happy where I was, going through a bitter divorce kind of numbs you. I'm going to lose everything I worked my whole life for. My advice- don't marry an American girl!
Unfortunately, I may have to get a masters before being accepted to Dental school because my GPA isn't too impressive right now. I should be pretty well off getting into Dental school with a Masters in Biotechnology, a ton of shadowing hours, a ton of volunteering hours, a decent GPA, and a certificate in Japanese (I am working on all of these now...except for the Masters). I figure I may as well do it right and not rush things. Don't worry I am in 100% agreement with a Pre-nup

Chris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode