"About Me" Blanks ... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
"About Me" Blanks ...

First of all, my apologies if I offend anyone by saying the following that has been pestering me for some time. It would be great if the members et al would fill in their profiles (about me section) so that the rest of us would have some idea where you come from. It is kind of strange for me to respond if I do not know a thing about the other party. Not that I wish to know everything,...just to have some idea who you are. I do understand that not everyone feels comfortable doing so, but there must be a common ground somewhere in the middle. Now that I've said it, wondered how others feel. w/ smiles Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
....well I suppose I don't need to add anything else on mine I think that is a great idea Jimmy It almost seems to give the person you are talking to a bit more credibility.

Chris

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #3 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Jimmy, I agree with you completely. I like communicating with people whom I share a common intersest with. Having said that, I looked at your profile and there is nothing there. You haven't given any details about yourself. You've asked us here for some info about us but haven't provided any info about yourself.

And also this should not be in the public Driver's lounge section, it should be in the Elite Members section.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Jimmy, I agree with you completely. I like communicating with people whom I share a common intersest with. Having said that, I looked at your profile and there is nothing there. You haven't given any details about yourself. You've asked us here for some info about us but haven't provided any info about yourself.

And also this should not be in the public Driver's lounge section, it should be in the Elite Members section.
Well the only thing about putting this in the Elite Members section is that everyone will be able to see the members profile regardless.

Chris

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
post #5 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:

Hi Pete, not sure what you mean when you mentioned that there's nothing there in my profile. I believe I have infos under "About Me" ? Unless, we are talking about different things. Are you referring to the "Biography", which I indicated N/A only when I joined? w/ smiles Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 01-08-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: correction
post #6 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Hi Pete, not sure what you mean when you mentioned that there's nothing there in my profile. I believe I have infos under "About Me" ? Unless, we are talking about different things. Are you referring to the "Biography", which I indicated N/A only when I joined? w/ smiles Jimmy
OK Jimmy, My mistake. I didn't see that tab before. I learn something new everyday. I'll fill out mine. Thank you my friend.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #7 of 49 Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
OK Jimmy, My mistake. I didn't see that tab before. I learn something new everyday. I'll fill out mine. Thank you my friend.
No problem, Pete. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #8 of 49 Old 01-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
First of all, my apologies if I offend anyone by saying the following that has been pestering me for some time. It would be great if the members et al would fill in their profiles (about me section) so that the rest of us would have some idea where you come from. It is kind of strange for me to respond if I do not know a thing about the other party. Not that I wish to know everything,...just to have some idea who you are. I do understand that not everyone feels comfortable doing so, but there must be a common ground somewhere in the middle. Now that I've said it, wondered how others feel. w/ smiles Jimmy
Ok, Jimmy, just because you asked I updated my profile a little bit.

So you are a dentist? I don't like to go to the dentist, sorry! You always hurt me!! hehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #9 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Yes, I am a dental surgeon now. This is my second life. Was an architect first. Where in Brazil are you, Stile ? w/ smiles Jimmy
post #10 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am a dental surgeon now. This is my second life. Was an architect first. Where in Brazil are you, Stile ? w/ smiles Jimmy
Are you an oral surgeon or a general practitioner?

Chris

post #11 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Are you an oral surgeon or a general practitioner?

Chris
A GP (general practice) concentrating in cosmetics and implants, Chris. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #12 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Jimmy, at the moment I'm about 200 km away from the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, I currently live in Brasília (the capital, where I was born and where my family lives), but I work in Macaé (200 km to the north of Rio de Janeiro) and off shore, in drilling rigs (like the one I'm at right now), just like Pete (except that he is the Captain, so the highest rank on board, and I'm on the other side of the scale hehehehe)

So you work with implants? I have one, I broke one of my front superior teeth when I was 13 years old, crashed onto a yard lamp while playing soccer (pretty stupid, hehehehe)

That is exactly why I'm not a big fan of dentists! hehehehe it hurt SO BAD to get this implant

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #13 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

One healthy & lively kid weren't you, or still are ??? w/ smiles Jimmy
post #14 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
It's always interesting to find out a bit more about people, but some people want their privacy and we must respect that also. I guess some members only want to discuss Ferrari or car related issues, whilst others (inc me) will talk about most things and are in the drivers lounge more often than the Ferrari forums. However, the thing we all share in common is our love of Ferrari.
I'm happy to share most of my personal info with you. If you read my posts you can probably suss out a lot about me, there's not much I won't say and I have very strong views on social welfare issues, war, crime, discrimination (all men and women are equal regardless of race, religion, colour...etc), abuse of power (esp in public office). My political views go from right wing to left wing. I can be serious when I need to be, but also enjoy a practical joke even if it is my own expense, but I have to say that my life isn't very interesting. I'm not a spy, a jet fighter pilot, astronaut, rock star or movie star, I'm happy to spend my spare time at home with my wife and 2 beautiful kids, I rarely drink or go out these days. I run a small financial services company, and although my career has been good to me for the last 20 years, the last 18 months have been horrible. Oh and finally, I used to own a Ferrari until the financial crisis hit.

BTW, what is this Friends thing? I have a couple of friends in my profile, but I don't actually know what it means. Aren't we all friends here anyway?

Archie
post #15 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
A GP (general practice) concentrating in cosmetics and implants, Chris. w/ smiles Jimmy
Very neat. I plan to do that in the next 100 years I thought about Orthodontics, but I am going to have to shadow an Orthodontist over the summer because I don't know much about that specialty. I have shadowed my Dentist and absolutely loved what he does.

Chris

post #16 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Hello Archie: You sound to me like one healthy and solid individual w/ one fine mind on your shoulder. I agree w/ your viewpoints that many care about their privacies etc. but sometimes it is hard to communicate w/ someone if you don't even have some basic infos as who they are. Also, I agree w/ you regarding this "Friends" corner. Seems kinda pointless to me. Back to one's privacy,...is it such a big thing to divulge one's location and other superficial informations ? People are so cautious these days, can't blame them tho. Thanx for your input, Archie. Greatly appreciated and admired. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #17 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
BTW, what is this Friends thing? I have a couple of friends in my profile, but I don't actually know what it means. Aren't we all friends here anyway?
I wondered the same thing Archie. I assumed we were all friends.

Chris

post #18 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post

I'm not a spy, a jet fighter pilot, astronaut, rock star or movie star,

So that wasn't you I saw leaving the MI6 Building driving an Aston Martin? I swear it looked like you......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
I have shadowed my Dentist and absolutely loved what he does.

Chris
Drive around in a Ferrari?

...incidentally it is called stalking!

post #19 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Owner

Quote:
Back to one's privacy,...is it such a big thing to divulge one's location and other superficial informations ? People are so cautious these days, can't blame them tho.
It's a real shame that people have to protect their privacy, but identity theft is so common and I can understand why people won't give a lot a way. There are other security issues, no one is going to give out too much info in case a thief comes along and burgles their house or steals their supercar collection. I think we can safely say that the regular contributors are genuine people, but what about the lurkers hiding in the background, reading all of our posts. Let's hope none of them are serial killers. Watch out for Tifanny, don't trust her. She claims she is a 40 something year old man called Pete and captain of a ship. She's really a 14 year old bunny boiler.

Respect and admiration to you also Jimmy

Archie
post #20 of 49 Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
So that wasn't you I saw leaving the MI6 Building driving an Aston Martin? I swear it looked like you......

T1f, you fool, you've given the game away. I'm hardly going to tell the world I am a spy am I? You've just blown my cover, I was trying to make it sound like I live a dull middle aged and middle class life.

Must go now, got to get back to a life of Vodka Martinis, my Walther PPK, the Aston, killing a few baddies and bedding a lot more beauties.

I'll deal with you later

Archie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode