Zr1, freaking crazy - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-01-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
Zr1, freaking crazy

omg they just auctioned the first zr1 production model for 1.000.000 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole idea was oh you could have four for the price of a european exotic, oh i am so mad, oh yea i forgot to mention the 3rd production chassis was also auctioned for 1,000,000 dollars!!! i cant believe it, buy an enzo for that christ sakes!!!!!!! it is not worth that much, seriously the 599 is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-01-2009, 09:48 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by io sono tifoso View Post
omg they just auctioned the first zr1 production model for 1.000.000 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! the whole idea was oh you could have four for the price of a european exotic, oh i am so mad, oh yea i forgot to mention the 3rd production chassis was also auctioned for 1,000,000 dollars!!! i cant believe it, buy an enzo for that christ sakes!!!!!!! it is not worth that much, seriously the 599 is better
By any chance was Jay Leno the auctioneer? Again as the other thread what is the true value of a given car. The true value of a car is determined by the customer. Some people that have $1,000,000 USD would not buy an Enzo because they may not necessarily like it. Also, why would you be so mad? Also, the Enzo is going for well over $1,000,000 in the US.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete

Last edited by Chrishawk4; 01-01-2009 at 10:52 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Io sono tifosi,

I wish I could say I'm sorry but I'm not. I thought one million dollar was a fair price for this car. I could have spent it on a ferrari, but to my mind, they suck so I went with the ZR1.

If only I had enough to buy three of them, I could buy the Bugatti...

post #4 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 90
Is it a million dollar car? No, but it is the FIRST PRODUCTION of it's model. That's just bragging rights for the new owner,,,,that's it!
post #5 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade95 View Post
Is it a million dollar car? No, but it is the FIRST PRODUCTION of it's model. That's just bragging rights for the new owner,,,,that's it!
Precisely, if you are a collector of vettes over the years than the first produced would make sense...other than that settle for the $103,300 base price and the small wait.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #6 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Are we talking about the Corvette ZR1? If so what model year?
post #7 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Are we talking about the Corvette ZR1? If so what model year?
I believe he is talking about the C6 2009 version. Many people do forget about the older ones.

Chris

post #8 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

yea the enzo ferrari is a ferrari, and a supercar,and limited production, tre plusses, the corvette is a chevy, and american, not very desireable here in america, but hey i am going to listen to chris hawk when he says some people may not like foreign cars, ferrari porsche lamborghini audi bmw, i guess it makes since i am just not used to people i know and hang out with likeing american cars, i have not grown up around them either, so hey im learning something new everyday
post #9 of 11 Old 01-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
yea the enzo ferrari is a ferrari, and a supercar,and limited production, tre plusses, the corvette is a chevy, and american, not very desireable here in america, but hey i am going to listen to chris hawk when he says some people may not like foreign cars, ferrari porsche lamborghini audi bmw, i guess it makes since i am just not used to people i know and hang out with likeing american cars, i have not grown up around them either, so hey im learning something new everyday
The Corvette is one of the most desirable cars in the United States. The American Dream used to be a house with a white picket fence, with a fancy Corvette convertible. It really depends where you live in the US. I was born in Detroit, Michigan but moved away when I was 9 to Charlotte, North Carolina, which is where I became fascinated with foreign cars. In Detroit about 75-80% or more of the cars on the road are American, because Detroit is the Motorcity. When I moved back to Detroit at the age of 15 I was amazed that nobody liked foreign cars here. That didn't stop me at all....obviously. I don't care what country a car comes from. I don't care what others think about the car. I only care about what my opinion is of the car. My top 5 favorite cars at the moment:
1) Red Ferrari F355 Spider
2) Red Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
3) Black Pontiac Trans AM WS6
4) Black Ferrari Enzo
5) Black/Yellow Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC

The fact that I have lived in both extremes, taught me to appreciate both kinds of cars, both domestic and foreign.

Chris

post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

i can see what your saying, i just have grown up in a very different environment, not that i am using as a excuse lol just thought i would bring that up, i dont really know what a WS6 is, i know a pontiac trans am, but is the ws6 a off version? or is that il internal code?
post #11 of 11 Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
i can see what your saying, i just have grown up in a very different environment, not that i am using as a excuse lol just thought i would bring that up, i dont really know what a WS6 is, i know a pontiac trans am, but is the ws6 a off version? or is that il internal code?
Hood with the Ram-Air, larger wheels and wider tires, larger Front sway bar, less restrictive cat-back exhaust (sounds amazing)

It has 325 HP and 350 lb-ft torque

Chris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode