Saab - anyone owned one? - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Saab - anyone owned one?

The MG has died, so it's time to buy another daily driver. I'm trying to avoid German cars this time because I'm fed up with Audi, BMW and MB and want to try something different.
I'm tempted by Saab convertibles, I can pick up a 05 or 06 2.0T in Vector trim with full leather for 35% less than an equivalent Audi or BMW. They aren't as pretty as Audi's and I know they are GM cars (), but all the same Saab have always had a good reputation for reliability, safety, quality and mid range power despite being typically Swedish and dull.
Anyone ever owned a Saab or got a view?

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 01-01-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
The MG has died, so it's time to buy another daily driver. I'm trying to avoid German cars this time because I'm fed up with Audi, BMW and MB and want to try something different.
I'm tempted by Saab convertibles, I can pick up a 05 or 06 2.0T in Vector trim with full leather for 35% less than an equivalent Audi or BMW. They aren't as pretty as Audi's and I know they are GM cars (), but all the same Saab have always had a good reputation for reliability, safety, quality and mid range power despite being typically Swedish and dull.
Anyone ever owned a Saab or got a view?
I've never owned one but I knew someone in highschool that owned one. It was a very nice car in my opinion. They don't have any negative preconceptions like the BMW or MB. I have never really heard anything negative about a Saab, especially the post 2000 cars. So I say

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
My wife's lawyer is a loyal Saab fan. Buys a new one every 2 years. He gives his old one to his daughter (who is my wife's best friend) so she gets a 2 year old Saab every 2 years. A year and a half ago, he bought a new Saab, gave his old one to his daughter and I had just built my new garage so the 4 year old Saab ended up at my house where I stored it for the winter and then sold it for him. A few months later he put through the paperwork to have me removed from my house. I haven't seen my house since last May, I've only seen the bills.

I hate Saabs. Every Saab I see it takes all I can do to not remove the keys from my pocket and drag it down the side of the car.

I think you should get one Archie.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
I hate Saabs. Every Saab I see it takes all I can do to not remove the keys from my pocket and drag it down the side of the car.

I think you should get one Archie.
Yep, I'll definitely get one now Pete

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Yep, I'll definitely get one now Pete
Good on ya Arch! Get the convertible model so I can slash the top also. Here's what I think of Saabs:

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
I've POWNED one once

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Good on ya Arch! Get the convertible model so I can slash the top also. Here's what I think of Saabs:
Yep, convertible too. I don't normally buy fixed head cars anyway. I'll drive it all the way to Maine or Singapore and keep cruisng past you shouting abuse at you to really piss you off

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Yep, convertible too. I don't normally buy fixed head cars anyway. I'll drive it all the way to Maine or Singapore and keep cruisng past you shouting abuse at you to really piss you off
Come on now Archie, you don't have to travel halfway around the world to piss me off. Relax. You piss me off just fine from England. Stay there. Really. England needs you.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale