Detroit Lions Record Breakers! - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-30-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Detroit Lions Record Breakers!

Who here watches American Football? As of Sunday my hometown Detroit Lions set the record for the most......losses in a row. They won zero, and lost sixteen....Go Lions

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Congratulations !!!!

Why would someone watch american football, when european football (which you heathens know as soccer), the granddaddy of your football, is boring enough. No, I'm kidding... NFL is quite enjoyable. Only game we see in the netherlands is the Superthingy though... 1 complaint: it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overcommercialised. It's a 1 hour game that takes 7 hours to complete. Very annoying
Basosz is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
It's a 1 hour game that takes 7 hours to complete. Very annoying
I agree with you there Bas! When there is 5 minutes left in the game it takes another 25 minutes to complete.

But I do enjoy watching NFL with friends. I won't watch it by myself.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Isn't what my North American friends class as football a girls game

Football is played with your feet, not with your hands and by a bunch of girls in full body armour. If you want a proper mans game, try watching Aussie Rules or Rugby League. I'm no expert on Aussie sports, but I'm sure my Aussie friends would confirm that Aussie sports really separate the men from the boys

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
...but I'm sure my Aussie friends would confirm that Aussie sports really separate the men from the boys ...
It also seems to seperate the teeth from the mouth of the ppl playing it
Basosz is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
I agree with you there Bas! When there is 5 minutes left in the game it takes another 25 minutes to complete.

But I do enjoy watching NFL with friends. I won't watch it by myself.
The other night there was a college game on with 5 minutes to go at 11:25. I asked my dad if at 11:30 I could watch Seinfeld. He said after the game.....it ended at 11:56...

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Isn't what my North American friends class as football a girls game

Football is played with your feet, not with your hands and by a bunch of girls in full body armour. If you want a proper mans game, try watching Aussie Rules or Rugby League. I'm no expert on Aussie sports, but I'm sure my Aussie friends would confirm that Aussie sports really separate the men from the boys
The only difference is that in American football there are 350 pound players that can run like 130 pound soccer players....that is scary. Without pads people would be dead

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
The only difference is that in American football there are 350 pound players that can run like 130 pound soccer players....that is scary. Without pads people would be dead
Have you ever seen the real rugby players in the proper league? They are frakking HUGE.
Basosz is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
It also seems to seperate the teeth from the mouth of the ppl playing it
That's why they are mens games, not for fairies in helmets and shoulder pads, knee pads, elbow pads and even panty pads

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Aussie rules football rocks!! That is the only sports game that I can watch all by myself and have fun. It is like a cross between soccer, american football, rugby, basketball and hockey. All in one. Great game!!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Aussie rules football rocks!! That is the only sports game that I can watch all by myself and have fun. It is like a cross between soccer, american football, rugby, basketball and hockey. All in one. Great game!!
Yea, it is most definitely a fusion of sports....although I like American Football the best I grew up during the Barry Sanders era.... I'll find a good video and post it.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 12-31-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Here is a video that has a few of Barry Sanders runs. Amazingly athletic.


Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southwest Ontario, Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 181
Very Cool Video

The Lions have been heartbreakers for years.
When I was in High School Billy Sims was The Guy for them. Started the 1980 - 81 season 4-0.

It is sad to see this years record. I have friend in Wyandotte, MI who has 4th generation seasons tickets - will not give them up because they may actually win if he does!

Poor guy - although many Toronto Maple Leaf fans are in the same boat......

Greg

"The ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse! " - Mr. Joe Katz
GPGardin is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
I couldn't believe this myself. The Dolphins almost had the same story last year and look at them now. Things can turn around quick in the NFL.
Andrew is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 01-03-2009, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I couldn't believe this myself. The Dolphins almost had the same story last year and look at them now. Things can turn around quick in the NFL.
I sure hope they do in Detroit...but living in Detroit most of my life the last time they were great and fun to watch was in 1998 when they had Barry Sanders.

Now, the Lions may have a chance to get a Sanders in a few years. This is Barry Sanders 14 year old son, Barry Sanders jr. (Freshman-High School) in the state semi-finals game.


This video is of his son in the State finals. I'm pretty sure he is going to be amazing...hopefully he'll play for Detroit


Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale