Watch? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 12-14-2008, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Watch?

Picking up a few comments from another thread, just out of curosity, what watch do you wear on a daily (to work) basis and on the weekend?

Personally - Breguet Marine - daily
Rolex Submariner or Daytona - weekends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 439
Great topic! I absolutely love watches.

I wear the Omega Speedmaster Professional (the Moon Watch). It is a manual winding watch. Interestingly, I always say that it is a similar personality that will choose to wind a watch on a daily basis and drive a car like a 308 that has very protracted startup and warmup procedures.

I also have a 1960s Girard Perregaux Gyromatic but had a little collection that was stolen in a burglary - an Ebel Sportwave, a Longines Golden Wing and a couple of Swatches.

Mike
post #3 of 37 Old 12-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Daily - Breitling Superocean chronometre S/S strap
Tag Heuer Carrera chronograph black perforated leather strap
Baume et Mercier Capeland Auto Chronograph black crocodile strap

Weekends - Breitling Chronomat Evolution Chronograph, with brown crocodile strap

I would like more watches, but due to the economic crisis i will probably wait a while.

Archie

post #4 of 37 Old 12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Daily-Seiko titanium
Weekends-Omega Seamaster/Tag Heuer Monaco/Adidas
post #5 of 37 Old 12-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Owner

Here is my collection
Attached Images

Archie
post #6 of 37 Old 12-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Strange this topic come up at this time because I have been looking for a new watch for the past year or so and I may end up buying one in a few days (even though I am not anykind of a watch gearhead). Meanwhile, I wear these two watches. One is a Rolex blue Submariner SS/gold. The other is a Corum US 1891 20 dollar gold coin (genuine). w/smiles Jimmy
Attached Images

post #7 of 37 Old 12-15-2008, 03:37 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 113
Panerai 1950 Flyback and Sjöö-Sandström Racing Chronograph for me!
post #8 of 37 Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
A 25 year old Omega Constellation watch.

12 cylinders or walk
post #9 of 37 Old 12-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 275
A Rodania when travelling for work (got a second time function)
A few Fossils for action sports / travelling for fun (if I loose/break it, no worries. And I've lost/broke quite a few watches..)

And a Dutch brand for nice occasions: van der Gang 2000-2 White
Attached Images

post #10 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
Breitling Crosswinds, one blue faced, one white. Brushed steel and Gold with pilot strap
Its Breitling or absolutely nothing I'm afraid
Attached Images

post #11 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Side note

Just a side note for those interested,...here in Japan, wrist watches are VERY popular (excluding myself). The epitome was this burglary incident last year where a burglar got away with this one watch from an avid collector. Believe me, this watch was exclusive. I was shocked to hear the retail price,....ready ??? ...roughly US$1.4 million. Must be one of those super grand complication watch ? So much for the trivia w/ smiles Jimmy
post #12 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Breitling Crosswinds, one blue faced, one white. Brushed steel and Gold with pilot strap
Its Breitling or absolutely nothing I'm afraid
Nice watch Chaz, I am a fan of Breitling watches too, might get myself a Navitimer if I can get a credit crunch bargain.

Archie
post #13 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 453
Yep Breitlings rock, the choice of Bodyguards (me)and aviators(also me )
Worn by real men Were as Rolex's are the choice of Gypsy's and Chavs....where's Angelis
post #14 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Yep Breitlings rock, the choice of Bodyguards (me)and aviators(also me )
Worn by real men Were as Rolex's are the choice of Gypsy's and Chavs....where's Angelis
Haahah, didn't want to say that about Rolex's, but I do agree. There are too many fakes around as well which has really cheapened their image. Every chav has a fake Rolex. Mind you, there are also plenty of fake Breitlings and every other quality brand too.

Archie
post #15 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Archie,
Like every other chav, I've got 3 fake Rolex's I picked up over here in Asia. 2 self-winders and 1 battery powered. The battery powered one is the best but looks the most like a cheap knock off. One of the self winders that looks the best will run down overnight. The other self winder says "water resistant 100 meters" and that means that you should take it off before you get within 100 meters of water.

I used to wear a Casio with a velcro strap as my everyday watch but the last time I was in the Philippines I upgraded to a nice gold coloured Timex with a metal band for 2,800 pesos (about 38 GBP). Good looking watch. Not as nice as Chaz's but at least mine tells me it's Wednesday (sometimes I lose track of these things). Also mine has a button that activates the indiglo feature so that I can read it in the dark and see if it is time to go. (of course that only works if I can manage to slide my other hand out from underneath some Asian girl without waking her)

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #16 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 04:49 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Archie,
Like every other chav, I've got 3 fake Rolex's I picked up over here in Asia. 2 self-winders and 1 battery powered. The battery powered one is the best but looks the most like a cheap knock off. One of the self winders that looks the best will run down overnight. The other self winder says "water resistant 100 meters" and that means that you should take it off before you get within 100 meters of water.

I used to wear a Casio with a velcro strap as my everyday watch but the last time I was in the Philippines I upgraded to a nice gold coloured Timex with a metal band for 2,800 pesos (about 38 GBP). Good looking watch. Not as nice as Chaz's but at least mine tells me it's Wednesday (sometimes I lose track of these things). Also mine has a button that activates the indiglo feature so that I can read it in the dark and see if it is time to go. (of course that only works if I can manage to slide my other hand out from underneath some Asian girl without waking her)
Haha, just wat I figured Pete. I use to have a Timex, and then I had several Casios, and they all didn't stand the test of time. I now use my cell phone as my watch. I will eventually buy myself another nice Casio, its been about 2 years without a watch.

Chris

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #17 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
I now use my cell phone as my watch. I will eventually buy myself another nice Casio, its been about 2 years without a watch.
I'm seeing that more and more. People that just do not own a watch because they have a cell phone that also tells the time. THe wristwatch is kind of redundant. I think having a nice watch is kind of outdated now. The new personal status symbol seems to be a $1,000 cell phone.

Of course I'm kind of a dinosaur. I was a hold out on the cell phone deal. I've only been using cell phones for about 2 years. My first text message was only about 10 months ago. Now I don't know what I ever did without a cell phone. Of course I never think about using it as a watch.

Capt. Pete
post #18 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
My first text message was only about 10 months ago.
Haha, that was me!

Chris

“ To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”-Anatole France
post #19 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
Haha, that was me!

Chris
Yup, wishing you luck right before your big exam. Now I'm hooked and I can text just as well as any teenage Asian girl.

My latest thing is that Yahoo Messenger. I just started that last week. I know you accepted me as a friend on that but we haven't had a chance to chat yet. Must be the time difference. The night I signed onto Yahoo Messenger I ended up chatting in Tagalog with 4 different Filipina girls that I'd never even met before. They just popped up and wanted to be my friend. Of course I accepted them. So on my next trip to the Philippines I'm what you call, "hooked up". I tell you what Chris, you want to have a good time? Learn a few Tagalog phrases and head over to the Philippines. I just looked it up and you can fly from Detroit to Manila for less than $1,500. Stuff's dirt cheap when you get there. I was renting a nice 2 bedroom house for $30 a day. So when your parents ask you what you want for a graduation present........... $2,500 should be enough to get you over to the Philippines and back, house you and feed you, and give you plenty left over to entertain about 10 Filipinas for a week. I'm already in Singapore so my ticket to Manila is only $350 economy class.

One thing I like about that Yahoo Messenger is the voice capability. I bought a headset and I did a conference call while I was on the ship to my Chinese girlfriend in Singapore and my buddy Rick back in Maine, USA. It was like the 3 of us were in the same room. And it is free! Absolutely amazing. For voice the Yahoo is actually better than the telephone.

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 12-16-2008 at 09:14 PM.
post #20 of 37 Old 12-16-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Yup, wishing you luck right before your big exam. Now I'm hooked and I can text just as well as any teenage Asian girl.

My latest thing is that Yahoo Messenger. I just started that last week. I know you accepted me as a friend on that but we haven't had a chance to chat yet. Must be the time difference. The night I signed onto Yahoo Messenger I ended up chatting in Tagalog with 4 different Filipina girls that I'd never even met before. They just popped up and wanted to be my friend. Of course I accepted them. So on my next trip to the Philippines I'm what you call, "hooked up". I tell you what Chris, you want to have a good time? Learn a few Tagalog phrases and head over to the Philippines. I just looked it up and you can fly from Detroit to Manila for less than $1,500. Stuff's dirt cheap when you get there. I was renting a nice 2 bedroom house for $30 a day. So when your parents ask you what you want for a graduation present........... $2,500 should be enough to get you over to the Philippines and back, house you and feed you, and give you plenty left over to entertain about 10 Filipinas for a week. I'm already in Singapore so my ticket to Manila is only $350 economy class.

One thing I like about that Yahoo Messenger is the voice capability. I bought a headset and I did a conference call while I was on the ship to my Chinese girlfriend in Singapore and my buddy Rick back in Maine, USA. It was like the 3 of us were in the same room. And it is free! Absolutely amazing. For voice the Yahoo is actually better than the telephone.
I wasn't on Yahoo messenger much last week due to my finals, but I should be on it more this week, so I'm sure I'll catch you at some point on there.

Hmm....that sounds like a great graduation gift Unfortunately they are flipping the part of the bill that my loan, scholarship, and job don't pay for. If I don't get into Dental school right out of undergrad, I will be getting a Masters in Biotechnology and working as a bio researcher. Pays $30k-$40k, good job before Dental school. Maybe I could afford to take a nice little vacation to Philippines

I have used the voice capability on Yahoo Messenger and it really is great.

Chris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode