Realtors - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-23-2008, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Realtors

Anyone here in real estate? I've been working with a Realtor and am starting to get annoyed. They seem to like to play this gossip game, "I heard blah blah." I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard that statement in the last 8 weeks and their rumors never become true. It really makes me lose confidence in them and one thing is VERY clear about this particular person I've been working with, they just want to make a buck off me. Annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Andrew, I work along side realtors in the UK, I deal with the finance and help people raise funds to buy their property. Like all professions there are good ones and bad ones. I've always found that when I am buying something from someone it's best to tell them the rules before you start, you expect this, this and this, and they mess you around they will lose your business.

Archie
post #3 of 6 Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Archie,

Excellent points and good advice. Now is a buyer's paradise here in the U.S. so I'm trying to cash in on the opportunity. Still haven't found the right Realtor though.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Anyone here in real estate? I've been working with a Realtor and am starting to get annoyed. They seem to like to play this gossip game, "I heard blah blah." I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard that statement in the last 8 weeks and their rumors never become true. It really makes me lose confidence in them and one thing is VERY clear about this particular person I've been working with, they just want to make a buck off me. Annoying.
I have never had luck with keeping a realtor for more than 3 years max. They just get greedy. I deal with larger commercial real estate and most of the realtors that I deal with will make a minimum of $250K in commissions. Not to sound arrogant, but if I were a realtor and had a client like me, I would think of me as a lifetime annuity and make sure that I take care of the client with golden gloves. Shitty world. By product of global warming.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
Quote:
Archie,

Excellent points and good advice. Now is a buyer's paradise here in the U.S. so I'm trying to cash in on the opportunity. Still haven't found the right Realtor though.
What kind of property are you looking for? I do have a few people in mind that I might recommend.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
Quote:
--- Still haven't found the right Realtor though.
You don't need one.

Do it yourself, and if you are looking at foreclosures, deal directly with the lender and by pass the realtor's commission and get the price lowered.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode