Bugatti Veyron new Road Test: Makes a Ferrari sound like a bargain - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-23-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 7
Bugatti Veyron new Road Test: Makes a Ferrari sound like a bargain

I had the idea the car was silent as a Rolls, but sounds like it really does feel and sound like you are strapped into an ICBM! No matter how many articles I read, I can't believe something so big and heavy can be so fast, and not just at triple digit speeds - 0-60 in 2.5 is absoutely insane!

Quote:

Driving a Bugatti Veyron is like carrying a 14.6-foot-long open wallet that is spewing 50-dollar bills. Drivers rush up from behind, tailgating before swerving into either of the Veyron’s rear-three-quarter blind spots, where they hang ape-like out of windows to snap photos with their cell phones. They won’t leave, either, because they know the Bugatti, averaging 11 mpg, can’t go far without refueling and that its driver will soon need to take a minute to compose himself. And when you open the Veyron’s door to exit—a gymnastic feat that requires grabbing one of your own ankles to drag it across that huge, hot sill—you will be greeted by 5 to 15 persons wielding cameras and asking questions. If you’re wearing shorts or a skirt, here’s a tip: Wear underwear.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...d_test?cid=337

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode