Gas Prices? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Gas Prices?

I haven't followed the news with oil prices, but I have seen them go significantly down. In Detroit in the past several weeks its gone from ~$4.19 to now they are ~$3.09 USD. Does anyone know if the prices are going to continue to fall, stay the same, or back up for a while?

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Oil is down to about 90USD a barrel, there have been large falls over the last few weeks due to concerns about reducing demand caused by a global economic downturn. Whilst I don't like the idea of the downturn getting worse than it is, I don't mind if gas prices at the pump fall further.

Archie
post #3 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Oil is down to about 90USD a barrel, there have been large falls over the last few weeks due to concerns about reducing demand caused by a global economic downturn. Whilst I don't like the idea of the downturn getting worse than it is, I don't mind if gas prices at the pump fall further.
Thank you Archie. I don't mind the gas prices at the pump falling either. Gas is getting pretty costly driving 50 miles per day.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France

post #4 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
I'm not sure the price drop is due exclusively to the downturn but it sure has something to do with it. Oil prices are driven more by speculation than supply and demand. The downturn has caused spec buyers to re-evaluate and they have left the building. I'm not sure they will be back for quite a while. I hope to see 60 a barrel but expect to see 70-90. Sure would be nice to see something in the 2.50 a gallon range at the pumop but the value of the greenback ain't gonna get us there. 60 per barrel equates to about 2.35 - 2.50 per gallon in the old value system. Its now more like 2.80 - 3.00.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
William Shatner - "I can't get behind that"

BILL: Let's go. Ready? From the top...
BILL: My favorite shows on TV have twelve minutes of advertising. I can't get behind that kind of time!
ROLLINS: Eat quickly. Drive faster. Make more money now! I can't get behind that.
BILL: My kids say: He said to me, and I'm like... and he's like... and she's like...
ROLLINS: It's all... He's all... She's all...
BILL: I can't get behind that kind of like, English!
BILL: That'll be six to eight weeks before delivery.
ROLLINS: The rising oceans, the warming temperatures!
BILL: The dying polar bears--no, tigers--in fifty years!
ROLLINS: Rising poison in the air and water!
BILL: I can't understand why the price of gas suddenly rises when oil goes up...
ROLLINS: ...but takes months to go down long after oil falls!
BILL: I can't get behind any of that!

BILL: I can't get behind the Gods, who are more vengeful, angry, and dangerous if you don't believe in them!
ROLLINS: Why can't all these Gods just get along? I mean, they're omnipotent and omnipresent, what's the problem?
BILL: What's the problem?
BILL: What about the men who say 'Do as I do. Believe in what I say, for your own good, or I'll kill you!' I can't get behind that!
ROLLINS: I can't get behind that! Everybody knows everything about all of us!
BILL: That's too much knowledge!
BOTH: I can't get behind that!
BILL: Yeah! And what about student drivers using my streets to learn? If you learn to play the drums you got to go to a studio! Go to a parking lot, for God's sake! Why are you jeopardizing my life? I can't get behind a student driver!
ROLLINS: I can't behind a driver who drives like a student driver! If you're going to drive an urban assault vehicle then get off the phone and keep your eyes on the road!
ROLLINS: Lifetime guarantee?
BILL: Who's lifetime? Not mine! I haven't that much time left. Let's make it yours. Everybody's got a longer life than me!
BILL: The leaf blowers, is there anything more futile?
ROLLINS: Car alarms.
BILL: Clap off.
ROLLINS: Clap on.
BILL: Spam.
ROLLINS: Size matters.
BILL: No, it doesn't!
ROLLINS: Yes, it does!
BILL: No, it doesn't.
BILL: No, it doesn't!
BILL: No, it doesn't! No, it doesn't!
ROLLINS: Yes, it does! Yes, it does!
BILL: My phone rings!
ROLLINS: Make millions in minutes!
BILL: It's a computer!
ROLLINS: Lose inches in hours!
BILL: Leave me the Hell alone!
ROLLINS: Eat more! Spend less!
BILL: The Colonel is breakdancing! Give me a break!
ROLLINS: Credit terms raised!
BILL: I can't get behind so-called singers that can't carry a tune, get paid for talking, how easy is that? Well, maybe I could get behind that!
ROLLINS: Well, I can't! If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
BILL: I--can't--get behind--a fat ass!
ROLLINS: Yeah, Bill, can you turn around and do one more?
BILL: Always can do one more.
ROLLINS: Let's hit it!
post #6 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ha! that was awesome...

Here to in Canada we dropped quite a bit in one week.

It always seems to me when people have just about had enough with the oil co. and start sharing commuting or buying fuel economy vehicles or any other means of transport and car co. start to mass produce better fuel efficient cars that all of a sudden the oil and gas $ start to drop back to a tolerable price.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #7 of 21 Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Today I saw gas prices at $2.99/US Gallon...Hopefully it stays south of $3 per gallon for a while.

Chris

post #8 of 21 Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I bought gas for $2.98/US Gallon

Chris

post #9 of 21 Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 PM

You buy gas for less than 3 dollar a gallon and STILL you complain. You're idiots !

Gas in the Netherlands is wicked expensive
post #10 of 21 Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
You buy gas for less than 3 dollar a gallon and STILL you complain. You're idiots !

Well I make $7.20/hr, I work 16 hours a week, have a car payment of $237/month, and a tuition bill of $28k a year...$3/gallon is quite a bit driving 50 miles per day and paying for the rest of the stuff, although I am getting 30.5mpg at the moment. Thank God for stick

Chris

post #11 of 21 Old 10-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post

Umm of course we complain when some other countries sell gas for 35cents a liter.

Oh sure they are communist but still it sucks...

We know Netherlands sucks....Just kidding buddy..

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #12 of 21 Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Not only gas is cheap, cars cost about half in the US when compared to the Netherlands as well. US$135k for a new BMW M3 without options, anyone?

Still, Denmark is a lot worse. And $3/gallon is still too much!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #13 of 21 Old 10-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Gemtlemen, Gentlemen, Please

The price of a importing a barrel of crude oil is identical for every country when corrected for exchange rates. The differance in the prices for Gasoline is based on TAXES and to a much lesser extent refinement costs. Where do you think these goverments get the money for social programs. If you think Americans are not paying enough for gasoline I counter with you are paying to much. The reallity is we all pay the about same unless you live in a producer state like Venezuala or the Middle East.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #14 of 21 Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Gas prices have fallen to $2.79/US Gallon. I am very happy because I have a quarter tank left

Chris

post #15 of 21 Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Gemtlemen, Gentlemen, Please

The price of a importing a barrel of crude oil is identical for every country when corrected for exchange rates. The differance in the prices for Gasoline is based on TAXES and to a much lesser extent refinement costs. Where do you think these goverments get the money for social programs. If you think Americans are not paying enough for gasoline I counter with you are paying to much. The reallity is we all pay the about same unless you live in a producer state like Venezuala or the Middle East.
Agree ! Never forget......the difference IS ALWAYS your goverment.
post #16 of 21 Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
If you think Americans are not paying enough for gasoline I counter with you are paying to much.
I think Americans are paying too much. It's just that we pay a lot more still.

All these taxes, however, don't change the fact that I never blink when I fill up my Ferrari at European prices. Instead my heart fills with joy thinking about the wonderful experiences I am about to undergo!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #17 of 21 Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
All these taxes, however, don't change the fact that I never blink when I fill up my Ferrari at European prices. Instead my heart fills with joy thinking about the wonderful experiences I am about to undergo!

Onno
Now that is the right thought Onno

Chris

post #18 of 21 Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Gas has hit a new low for a while in my area. There is quite a range though, it is going for $2.37/USGallon to $2.58/USGallon. Guess who is buying gas tomorrow...

Chris

post #19 of 21 Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 AM

To again quote Bill Shatner:

BILL: I can't understand why the price of gas suddenly rises when oil goes up...
ROLLINS: ...but takes months to go down long after oil falls!

In the Netherlands, gas prices are still way up there. Bunch of Buttmonkeys !!

Also I hate OPEC since they want to reduce production so they can keep the oil at about 90 dollar a barrel. Don't their sheiks have enough money as it is? Bunch of Buttmonkeys !!
post #20 of 21 Old 10-26-2008, 03:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
90 dollars the barrel, that sounds pretty good to me

don't blame them, join them! hehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode