Killing Threads??? - Page 6 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Am I killings threads?
Yes you are killing posts, people dont want to talk to you! 3 9.68%
No, your not killing them, just seems that way! 28 90.32%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
once again (crap, what are the chances of it happening twice??) I agree with Basosz

the article said that McCain is ready for the military challenge that the US faces, well, I don't know much about it so let's say that is correct

still, like Basosz said, that doesn't mean that Obama isn't ready

and I have to add here that the president will not face challenges only in the military, but in many other aspects as well!

so what about "the rest", who's ready for that? For taxes, for economy, for health, for relations with other countries, who's the best considering all aspects? Is it really McCain? Why?

I'm not saying that Obama is the best, because like I said before I don't know enough about either candidate to say something precise, but I have to question your thoughts

and still I can't understand why you are so aggressive when it comes to this subject, why can't poor Chris vote for whoever he wants to??

isn't it a bit contraditory to say that you deffend freedom and then put so much pressure on other people to make them do what you want them to do, instead of doing what they want to do?

seriously, what makes you believe that you are a better judge when it comes to political matters than Chris?

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to tease you, I don't want to sound aggressive, I don't want to change your mind, I just consider you a great guy and want to understand what the bloody hell is it that goes inside that crazy head of yours, besides picturing naked Asian girls! hehehehehe

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
No you didn't!
Pete, I think you killed the "288 GTO - your opinion" thread
post #103 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post
once again (crap, what are the chances of it happening twice??) I agree with Basosz
Good god !!! The end of the world is neigh !!!
Quote:
what the bloody hell is it that goes inside that crazy head of yours, besides picturing naked Asian girls! hehehehehe
Oh boy... this thread is never gonna end now

post #104 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 01:52 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
I think I will be voting for McCain...but then again I haven't really looked into each side of the debate yet. I will in some time. I'm not huge into politics....to bad they couldn't be like cars because I could tell you who I would vote for. hehehe

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #105 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
Also: This is not what I'm used to from you. You say that you are open minded and that means giving him the oppurtunity to vote for whoever he wants to without him being afraid of losing your respect. This is beneath you.
You are correct. I apologize. I have the greatest respect for Chris.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #106 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Pete, nice article except for one tiny little thing... it only talks about McCain as if he's the second coming of Christ
That's because I pulled it from John McCain's website. http://www.johnmccain.com/
I'm sure Obama has a website also but I have no idea what the URL would be.

Quote:
McCain's got a gun-toting, lipstick-wearing hockey pig!
Yeah, ain't she something? I'll take her as vice-president anyday. A lot better than that dweeb Clinton had. Al Gore.

Quote:
the republicans are fighting two wars that cause military personel to almost starve because the wages are too damn low.
I'm not aware of any soldiers starving. If you know of any US military personnel that are starving please let me know and I'll take care of it. The pay is low, but to my knowledge nobody who serves in the armed forces is in it for the money.

Quote:
America is a great country... no... america WAS a great country, and it can be again if someone smart takes the lead and also if americans can get their heads out of their asses
Agreed.

Quote:
This concludes this days rant. Tune in tomorrow for the latest thoughts on communism
Oh I can't wait.

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 09-16-2008 at 02:47 PM.
post #107 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
and still I can't understand why you are so aggressive when it comes to this subject, why can't poor Chris vote for whoever he wants to??

isn't it a bit contraditory to say that you deffend freedom and then put so much pressure on other people to make them do what you want them to do, instead of doing what they want to do?

seriously, what makes you believe that you are a better judge when it comes to political matters than Chris?

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to tease you, I don't want to sound aggressive, I don't want to change your mind, I just consider you a great guy and want to understand what the bloody hell is it that goes inside that crazy head of yours, besides picturing naked Asian girls! hehehehehe
You are correct, I was wrong. Chris can look at the candidates and make up his own mind. That's what America is all about. As for what goes on in that crazy head of mine, you hit the nail on the head. It is full of naked Asian girls.

Capt. Pete
post #108 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 03:38 PM

Wow that whole thing from Stile I thought was for Basosz...I didn't realize it was to Pete. I wouldn't think I would lose Pete from voting for a different candidate. Truth be told people like Pete and I's votes do not matter in the Presidential election. But so far what I have seen neither candidates are by no means 100% perfect. They both have flaws and after I work out which one is better to me I shall post the results. I'm pretty sure who it will be at the moment though....although the past two elections even though I wasn't able to vote I was 100% behind President Bush....

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #109 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 03:57 PM

BUSH????? Oh no, Chris, now you lost all of my respect!!! hehehehehe

J/K

I agree with you that none of the candidates are perfect, or perhaps they aren't even good, you usually have to choose the "least worse" one, it's the same here in Brazil

but to be fair, I would be a horrible president myself, probably worse than Obama and McCain, so I'm just here to throw some gasoline on the fire hehehehehe

post #110 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
You are correct, I was wrong. Chris can look at the candidates and make up his own mind. That's what America is all about. As for what goes on in that crazy head of mine, you hit the nail on the head. It is full of naked Asian girls.
Pete, I knew you were better than that!

No wonder we admire you so much, even you being republican! hehehehe

post #111 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
OK...I just read the last 2 pages of this thread which clearly has nothing to do with killing threads. Pete seems to be fairly well outnumbered here. Although he is mounting a well contructed arguement, I figured I better jump in to let him know he's not alone

I'm speaking in generalizations here.

I'm absolutely amazed at the decidedly Liberal tone of the non American members of this forum. I guess I shouldn't be. The world as a whole tends to be far more liberal than I or even the democratic party. Its one of the major reasons the middle class is so successful here in America. Our taxes are comparatively nothing when matched with the rest of the worlds population. Taxation does not redistribute the wealth but rather keeps a strong middle class from success.

I tend far more to the conservative side of the spectrum. Ronald Reagan was my hero. His concept of "trickle down economics" has been butchered by nay sayers since he first verballized it in 1980. It is, however, the most successful of economic strategies. It assumes the middle class will continually strive towards affluence. Fueling the middle class helps to redistribute wealth and provides the hope of a better future. This concept of "changing your birth stars" has been the goal of every human since life class was constructed.

I'm constantly comparing myself to the weathly. With few exceptions, they are not smarter, they do not work harder, they are not capable of doing what I do every day. They were born of entitlement. That is to say, CEO's begat CEO's. They are the elitists that think this place would be much better if everyone would just do things there way. Unfortunately they are also the ones that enter politics.

Our founding father clearly defined our democracy as "of the people, by the people, and for the people". We have strayed dramatically from that directive and have little means of rekindling the fire. Liberty is at stake and is given up at every step in the name of freedom. By my terms, Liberalism is the acid that dillutes the fabric of Liberty by raising the weak at the expense of the weathly. That is to say, knowone ever became middle class on an entitlement program.

Obama seems to be taking the tack that I don't pay enough now. I'm not quite sure how he arrives at that conclusion since I don't want most of the stuff I'm already paying for. McCain seems to disagree, or at least he says he does.

I'm for an increase in corperate responsibility
I'm for a smaller, less intrusive government
I'm for a strong, non waivering military
I'm for border controls

I'm against entitlements (above basic subsitance) foreign and domestic
I'm against terrorism at any level.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #112 of 583 Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 PM

Well after looking at many issues that Obama and McCain stand for it is still a close call for me. So far McCain is in the lead for me. I've even looked at the cars they own.

McCain
Cadillac CTS

Obama
Chrysler 300C

Well they aren't my cup of tea... I am still pondering my final decision until further review.

Chris

post #113 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
I will be voting for McCain, too.

I hate politics. The world is a very big place, and people's experiences, priorities, and world views vary beyond comprehension.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #114 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post

McCain
Cadillac CTS
Old school, still hankers after the good old days. Gets a facelift every now and again, but getting long in the tooth. Popular with old money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post

Obama
Chrysler 300C
Pseudo-European wannabe. Flashy dresser, lots of shiny chrome, looks good, but its all plastic. Popular with new money.

Quote:
Brown
No car
He should get on his bike...

post #115 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 AM

Saint Bastage, that was a pretty good post.

What seems to be more clear for me as time goes by is that for the Americans, the Democrats are what PT is for Brazil (PT=Partido dos Trabalhadores, or Workers Party, that's where the current Brazilian president, Lula, came from)

And I am very much against PT's ideas, so I guess if I were American I'd like the Republicans rather than the Democrats.

Oh well, lucky me, I'm not American hehehehehe

post #116 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Lane (Saint Bastage),
You are my hero. Excellent post and very well written.

I disagree with Chris when he says that our votes don't matter. Our votes do matter. The whole world is watching us. We fought for our right to elect our leader and we can't let our forefathers down by squandering that right. This is a very important election and every vote counts. Chris, I apologize for what I said before, I will respect you no matter what your decision. It is your choice, which way do you want our country to go? You know my feelings, I want to keep the money that I earn, I also want guns and Ferraris and naked Asian women.

Lane, I think you and I are on the same page and I think Chris is with us. The people that have jobs will be voting for McCain, the people who do not have jobs will be voting for Obama.

Capt. Pete
post #117 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM

Is Christopher Walken still on the ballots ? I'd vote for him...

I think the major problem with the American system is the two party politics. Though I am leaning more towards the democrats, they are by no means perfect. By that same logic, the republicans do have some good arguments. But there are still only two parties. A third party might combine the good points of the other two and be therefor a better choice.

It's very black and white. Other countries (like the Netherlands, Yeah for us !!!) have (sometimes lots) more political parties and are thus better able to appeal to the people that want neither black nor white, but rather grey.
post #118 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Lane (Saint Bastage),
You are my hero. Excellent post and very well written.

I disagree with Chris when he says that our votes don't matter. Our votes do matter. The whole world is watching us. We fought for our right to elect our leader and we can't let our forefathers down by squandering that right. This is a very important election and every vote counts. Chris, I apologize for what I said before, I will respect you no matter what your decision. It is your choice, which way do you want our country to go? You know my feelings, I want to keep the money that I earn, I also want guns and Ferraris and naked Asian women.

Lane, I think you and I are on the same page and I think Chris is with us. The people that have jobs will be voting for McCain, the people who do not have jobs will be voting for Obama.
I didn't really mean it doesn't count, because every vote matters. I was just stating that the electoral college is who really makes the final votes on President. Of course we do vote for the people running for those spots.

I think Lane, you, and I are on the same boat. I am looking strong to McCain. I don't have money, Ferraris, guns, nor naked Asian women I do however know that I want everything I am working for to pay off in the end...and as you said Obama would be the opposite. Of course when I graduate the person in office might be out of off. Although I do have a job...hehe Would you like fries with that? I believe you should get what you earn...so that goes with Republican....and most of my views are equivalent...although some of my views are on par with Obama, most of my views are with McCain.

Chris

post #119 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Quote:
Is Christopher Walken still on the ballots ? I'd vote for him...

I think the major problem with the American system is the two party politics. Though I am leaning more towards the democrats, they are by no means perfect. By that same logic, the republicans do have some good arguments. But there are still only two parties. A third party might combine the good points of the other two and be therefor a better choice.

It's very black and white. Other countries (like the Netherlands, Yeah for us !!!) have (sometimes lots) more political parties and are thus better able to appeal to the people that want neither black nor white, but rather grey.
You are right, Basosz, and the worst part of it is that our two political parties take opposing sides on issues that would more logically go together in an attempt to split the voters; i.e., many Americans always end up voting in favor of numerous things they fundamentally disagree with in order to vote in favor of the issue or issues that are most important to them. The parties do that to try to get "swing" voters and middle ground voters; the rest of voters are thoughtlessly brainwashed/deeply entrenched with one political philosophy or the other.

The other annoying thing is that the two parties have developed a mentality that they have to take opposing sides on any existing problem or issue, but even more so on any emerging issue. If both agree on something, they find ways to disagree on how to go about handling the issue and polarize on philosophies, when the common sense response is typically somewhere in between. They end up making "issues" out of things that need not be issues, and where common sense and cooperation are all that are needed to move ahead.

The mindset and attitude everyone has is just very combatative and confrontational. I can't stand it.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #120 of 583 Old 09-17-2008, 04:11 PM

I can vote since 1997 and since then I've voted for about 6 different parties on different levels. City, province and country. That was because some parties changed their attitude towards things that concerned me, and some parties had issues that I changed my mind on, and could then identify with.

It's not like we don't have people who vote one party for their whole lives, but at least we have more options. I think that only about 15 or 20% of the US voters actually make a difference because the country is fairly evenly split: 40% repu's, and 40% demo's. The rest is what Obama and McCain are fighting about. That's not a system

Oh and Palin is "Mrs. Nobody, know-it-all, shrieking cow from alaska"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode