Killing Threads??? - Page 15 - Ferrari Life
View Poll Results: Am I killings threads?
Yes you are killing posts, people dont want to talk to you! 3 9.68%
No, your not killing them, just seems that way! 28 90.32%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 583 Old 01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
I think the best way to kill this thread is to exterminate Chris.

Any volunteers for the job?

Due to the expected high demand, please post a copy of your resume and state why you feel you should be considered for this opportunity.

edit: Chris, you can apply for the job yourself
Archie, I can't believe an entrepreneur such as yourself is just giving away this opportunity. This would be a good way for us to get sponsorship for our Singapore Grand Prix tickets. We could sell raffle tickets with the grand prize being chosen the one to exterminate Chris. Second prize would be the initial wounding, maybe with a baseball bat or something. We'll have to work out the details. Chris can probably help us with this. Let's wait until just before his final examinations and then he'd probably be more cooperative and open to extermination.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 583 Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosi View Post
happy day bas!
thank you !!!!!!!!! I love fiat 500 !!!!!!!!!!!!
post #283 of 583 Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:

Any volunteers for the job?
I can do this !!! I just need a ticket to Canada, and some money to rent and drive a car across the border. noone will link his death to this forum and I'll even dispose of the body in such a way that he will never be found I'm very much looking forward to this assignment

*by the way* need anyone to take the blame? I can probably swing that too for a bonus

post #284 of 583 Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Archie, I can't believe an entrepreneur such as yourself is just giving away this opportunity. This would be a good way for us to get sponsorship for our Singapore Grand Prix tickets. We could sell raffle tickets with the grand prize being chosen the one to exterminate Chris. Second prize would be the initial wounding, maybe with a baseball bat or something. We'll have to work out the details. Chris can probably help us with this. Let's wait until just before his final examinations and then he'd probably be more cooperative and open to extermination.
Well, the only problem with waiting to final exam time is that I could possibly be the best fit for the job Therefore the raffle ticket plan could just backfire

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #285 of 583 Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
I can do this !!! I just need a ticket to Canada, and some money to rent and drive a car across the border. noone will link his death to this forum and I'll even dispose of the body in such a way that he will never be found I'm very much looking forward to this assignment

*by the way* need anyone to take the blame? I can probably swing that too for a bonus
Hmm...I would say that you may be suitable for the position of the extermination of me. You will however have to go through an intense interview with secretary Archie, and he will be wearing the maids uniform....so you better start getting prepared. You don't want to lose the job to Pete, we all know how seductive he is towards someone wearing a maid outfit.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France

Last edited by Chrishawk4; 01-26-2009 at 04:06 PM.
post #286 of 583 Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Pete, don't worry, I haven't lost my entrepreneurial spirit, I knew the opportunity to inflict pain and suffering on Chris would generate a lot of interest. I have decided to ebay the opportunity to the highest bidder, it's on a 7 day auction, starting bid is 0.99 cents, with a reserve of 2.00 USD and a Buy it now price of 5.00 USD.
I was also thinking that we could sell tickets for the event, and even the global TV rights. There should be plenty of interest from the TV networks.
We need to think of a theme though. I have been considering hiring the amphitheatre in Verona, dressing Chris up like a Roman slave and throwing a few lions, tigers and even a T-Rex in to make it a bit more interesting.
Bas's looks like a good bet for the job, so he can be our Roman Gladiator - Basimus Maximus.
Still a few loose ends to tie up, but we are getting there.

Archie
post #287 of 583 Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:

But Archie, Chris is the No1 Spanner (or is that Spammer?) on the site. He is the reason why FL exists, well other than Ferraris. He has even overtaken the Stile-dude in his post count! (Where is Stile to defend his title??). Even Bas is willing to do mouth-to-mouth with Chris!! The Chris-Meister is an institution. In fact if any such disappointment were to befall Chris than it is highly likely that this thread would become a magnet for other like-minded indivduals from all over cyber space, they would seek to post here as homage to Chris the Martyr and this thread would never die...

post #288 of 583 Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
But Archie, Chris is the No1 Spanner (or is that Spammer?) on the site. He is the reason why FL exists, well other than Ferraris. He has even overtaken the Stile-dude in his post count! (Where is Stile to defend his title??). Even Bas is willing to do mouth-to-mouth with Chris!! The Chris-Meister is an institution. In fact if any such disappointment were to befall Chris than it is highly likely that this thread would become a magnet for other like-minded indivduals from all over cyber space, they would seek to post here as homage to Chris the Martyr and this thread would never die...

Someone speaks of me....my ears were burning. Tis true without even realizing it, it seems I have taken over Stile...now as it comes to my attention I believe Archie your next! At least I know what a Ferrari is....umm...hmm....*let me think www.ferrari.com....oh...ok* A red car! See I know what it is

Chris

post #289 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Owner

Quote:

Good point. Perhaps we should just seriously wound him them. Brain dead, but just with enough use of his right hand to type posts....some might say that has already happened

Archie
post #290 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Good point. Perhaps we should just seriously wound him them. Brain dead, but just with enough use of his right hand to type posts....some might say that has already happened
Well at the moment I am typing with my left hand only due to my inability to stop eating....hmm....this is quite possible.

Chris

post #291 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,200
this should kill it

two threads walk into a bar

bartender gets angry and yells at them saying "we don't serve threads in here...get out"

they go out, decide to try again and again the bartender yells the same but louder comments and out they go.

one thread turns to another, twists himself into a knot, musses up his top strings and walks back into the bar

bartender shouts, "Now, I told you, we don't serve threads in here!! Aren't you the same thread that was just in here?"

thread: "no, I'm a frayed-Knot"

farupaduMMmmmmmmm

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #292 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
OK, 9 more posts and this becomes the longest thread on Ferrari Life.

The longest one so far, with 300 posts, is "Random! ANYTHING GOES!" started in Apr 2008 by Chris.

It is funny because I started pretty much the same thread in May of 2007 and it only got 139 replies.

My thread was titled "Anything Goes". I guess Chris' thread was more popular because he used capital letters and added the word "Random" and a couple of exclamation points. I guess that's why I'm not in advertising.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #293 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:

The longest one so far, with 300 posts, is "Random! ANYTHING GOES!" started in Apr 2008 by Chris.

It is funny because I started pretty much the same thread in May of 2007 and it only got 139 replies.

My thread was titled "Anything Goes". I guess Chris' thread was more popular because he used capital letters and added the word "Random" and a couple of exclamation points. I guess that's why I'm not in advertising.
Now there are only 8 to go I suppose great minds think alike I didn't realize there were that many posts in my thread, but just think if I didn't post so much someone would need to pick up my slack

Chris

post #294 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Owner

Quote:

Chris must be more popular then

Archie
post #295 of 583 Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Chris must be more popular then
That means you should be able to bring in more cash for my elimination!

Chris

post #296 of 583 Old 01-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:

That is probably because 298 of those were 'Chris-Posts'...and you are obviously not as good at spa...digressing as Chris is!

post #297 of 583 Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
That is probably because 298 of those were 'Chris-Posts'...and you are obviously not as good at spa...digressing as Chris is!

Chris

post #298 of 583 Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post

Chris

Who is that supposed to be?

post #299 of 583 Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Who is that supposed to be?

Well the whispering guys are people on the forum and the just so happened to have thrown a brick at me, thus the yellow face must be me.

Chris

post #300 of 583 Old 01-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ahhhh...ohhhhh...look 300th post...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode