Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Driver's Lounge (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/)
-   -   Welcome to the Philippines! (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/drivers-lounge/8313-welcome-philippines.html)

Pete04222 09-05-2008 05:37 PM

Welcome to the Philippines!

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is the photo they should use in their tourism campaigns.

The girl in the front is my girlfriend, the other 3 are her friends. We had a great day at the beach. We had a Jeepney and a driver, 22 people, a motorboat with a driver, a grass hut right on the water's edge, a video karaoke machine, 4 cases of beer, a pitcher of coconut wine, 4 kilos of chicken, 4 kilos of pork, a bag of rice, a pile of mussels, 4 different kinds of fishes and we ate and drank and swam and singed songs until well after sunset. What a great day!

Italian Lover 09-05-2008 06:06 PM

Thanks for posting and sharing w/ us all. No need to explain, Pete. Great to know you're having great time. I am sure you are being pampered by the Asian women (which is delightlfully different from your earlier encounters in the States ?). Thanx again. w/ smiles Jimmy

Saint Bastage 09-05-2008 07:27 PM

Life is a Beach

A Mooder Fargin Beach

Pete04222 09-05-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Bastage (Post 75674)
Life is a Beach

A Mooder Fargin Beach

Lane, that is funny because there was a little language barrier while I was in the Philippines. My girlfriend's cousin wanted to know what I wanted to do on Monday and he asked me if I preferred a Bitch or a Fool. I thought he was trying to set me up with a different girl and I didn't know how to answer. I am already married to a bitch so I'm thinking I should pick the fool and then it strikes me.......He is asking me where I prefer to swim, at the beach or at the pool. We went to the beach and we had a great time. :)

Chrishawk4 09-05-2008 11:05 PM

Very nice picture Pete! It is great that the family accepts you so well. Sounds like a hell of a day.:D

Chris

archiegibbs 09-06-2008 07:43 AM

Pete, good to hear that you've found happiness. Hope it stays that way, you deserve it.

Basosz 09-06-2008 03:17 PM

Pete... are you in need of a new deckhand? I am very good with tools !!

Pete04222 09-06-2008 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basosz (Post 75700)
Pete... are you in need of a new deckhand? I am very good with tools !!

Sorry Basosz, I already have a new deckhand. I don't know yet if she can use tools, right now we just have to concentrate on keeping her with the boat.

Italian Lover 09-06-2008 06:17 PM

Pete, wake up, it's all dreams. You must get back to reality, forgot ? Jimmy

Pete04222 09-06-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS (Post 75706)
Pete, wake up, it's all dreams. You must get back to reality, forgot ? Jimmy

Jimmy, I don't have to get back to reality until my divorce hearing in 3 more days. Until then I am still living my dream. :) 3 more weeks in the USA, then 4 weeks in Singapore and then back to paradise in the Philippines!

Basosz 09-06-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete04222 (Post 75707)
Jimmy, I don't have to get back to reality until my divorce hearing in 3 more days.

May I suggest excerpts from this forum as evidence of your good-guy-ness? You're one of the most reasonable people I've (n)ever met. That has to account for something.

Chrishawk4 09-06-2008 06:59 PM

Yea I agree with Basosz:) This is a FERRARI forum it should have some validity:) You definitely have the good-guy-ness factor. I wish you luck Pete! I know you'll be fine, you have taken a ridiculously horrible situation and made the best out of it. You aren't feeling sorry for yourself, you are living your life to the fullest.

Chris

Pete04222 09-06-2008 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The one thing I like about the Filipino people is their smile. They are such a happy people. It is a 3rd world country, I won't try to cover any of that up. They don't have a lot but they have each other and that makes them happy. You can go to some of the richest cities on earth and nobody is happy, everybody frowns and no one talks to you. Where I went in the Philippines, Chris makes more money at MacDonald's in one hour then these people make in a day. Yet they are so happy to just be with each other and they talk and laugh. Family is everything. Nothing else matters.

I wanted to share this picture of my girlfriend with you all. These are the kinds of things that are important in my life now. A smile. That's all I want. When you have this face looking at you how can anything in the world be wrong?

Chrishawk4 09-06-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete04222 (Post 75712)
The one thing I like about the Filipino people is their smile. They are such a happy people. It is a 3rd world country, I won't try to cover any of that up. They don't have a lot but they have each other and that makes them happy. You can go to some of the richest cities on earth and nobody is happy, everybody frowns and no one talks to you. Where I went in the Philippines, Chris makes more money at MacDonald's in one hour then these people make in a day. Yet they are so happy to just be with each other and they talk and laugh. Family is everything. Nothing else matters.

I wanted to share this picture of my girlfriend with you all. These are the kinds of things that are important in my life now. A smile. That's all I want. When you have this face looking at you how can anything in the world be wrong?

I agree with you Pete. The happiest people I have met are people that do not have very much money. In the US, people are so preoccupied with money and overall wealth that they forget about the real meaning of happiness. Although winning the 300 million dollar lottery would be a more than spectacular in my life, I don't think it would fully satisfy me nor make me feel complete. Money and wealth can only take you so far, but the care, generosity of people, and overall happiness in people, such as your photograph Pete is what really completes a person. It is very inspiring to see someone that has gone through something this horrible and come out happier than ever (talking about the smiles that you had in your other pictures). It is real happiness.:D <- Like that:D

Chris

marlin 09-07-2008 06:51 AM

After you previous posts, its great to have the old Pete back.
Good luck in the future.

Basosz 09-07-2008 07:11 AM

Although if she were to smile any wider, her head would flop backwards... number 1 health risk in the Fillipines

Dmitri 09-07-2008 04:43 PM

Pete, it is so good to see that you are doing great and getting along so well. Good Job! I wish you luck with the hearing.

Night Life 09-08-2008 01:34 AM

Pete good for you buddy she is very beautiful and I see she has friends so my question to you is when is a good time to come down there?....:rolleyes:

stile - alpine 09-08-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 75722)
After you previous posts, its great to have the old Pete back.
Good luck in the future.

+1!

Really, that "bad mood" that your (ex-)wife put in all of us, and specially you, does not fit in this forum, and does not suit you at all. You're so much better than that!

But now you're back to the old shape, or even better!

The only thing that I have to complain is that you've been away from the forum for so long that it got kind of quiet here! hehehehehe

Italian Lover 09-08-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stile - alpine (Post 75781)
+1!

Really, that "bad mood" that your (ex-)wife put in all of us, and specially you, does not fit in this forum, and does not suit you at all. You're so much better than that!

But now you're back to the old shape, or even better!

The only thing that I have to complain is that you've been away from the forum for so long that it got kind of quiet here! hehehehehe

Stile, Pete's TOO busy at the moment,... Jimmy