Welcome to the Philippines! - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Good on you Pete, enjoy yourself.
Happiness and love is worth more than all the riches in the world. the odd F-Car would be nice too

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Thanks for all the great wishes guys! It really means alot. It is good to be back and enjoying life.

But as Jimmy predicted, today is the day I get back to reality, appointments with accountants and lawyers, calls to utility companies and insurance companies, gathering up financial statements, court hearing tomorrow, etc. etc.

I'm just counting down the days until I'm back on that beach in my little grass hut sipping coconut wine and having my girlfriend bring me food.

Nightlife, as far as the best time to visit, they don't have seasons in the Philippines like you and I are used to, it is always summer. So for you I think the best time to visit would be when you are sick of chipping ice out of your driveway. Much better to be lying on the beach and buying ice for your drinks.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #23 of 28 Old 09-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post

Nightlife, as far as the best time to visit, they don't have seasons in the Philippines like you and I are used to, it is always summer. So for you I think the best time to visit would be when you are sick of chipping ice out of your driveway. Much better to be lying on the beach and buying ice for your drinks.

It might be wise to avoid the typhoon or cyclone (same thing) season whenever that is.

Good luck with your hearing, I hope that you have got some good professional advisers on your side and that they earn their extortionate fees.

Archie

post #24 of 28 Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
It might be wise to avoid the typhoon or cyclone (same thing) season whenever that is.
Tropical Cyclone is the proper term for these types of storms. Called Hurricanes in the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific, Typhoons in the Western Pacific, and Cyclones in the Indian and parts of the Southwest Pacific. The Australians call them Willy-Willies. Crazy Aussies.

The season is the same all over the world in the northern hemisphere, June to November. If you are worried about Typhoons, I'd be more worried about visiting the US Gulf Coast than the Philippines. More tropical cyclones hit the US each year than hit the Philippines, plus storm intensity increases with latitude (due to the coreolis effect) so the tropical cyclones in the Philippines are not as intense as those on the US Gulf Coast because the Philippines is much farther south. In fact, in the Southern Pilippines they don't get any Typhoons at all.

Plus, I think recent history has shown us that during Hurricane season, Louisiana, USA is a far worse place to be than the Philippines.

Capt. Pete
post #25 of 28 Old 09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Owner

Pretty safe here in the UK too. It rains a lot, it's always cold, but we don't get hurricanes. People say we had one in 1987, but it wasn't really, if you look at the scale they use to measure wind speeds in tropical storms or hurricanes it would have registered 1, or 2 at a push, I think hurricanes start at 3.
I think that hurricanes travel in the opposite direction to the prevailing ocean current too, so unless the gulf stream started flowing towards America in 1987 it would have been impossible to have a hurricane in western Europe

Archie
post #26 of 28 Old 09-13-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Texas is getting hammered right now. You know where I'd rather be.

Capt. Pete
post #27 of 28 Old 09-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Texas is getting hammered right now. You know where I'd rather be.
Pete, you'd be welcome in the UK anytime

Archie
post #28 of 28 Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Pete, you'd be welcome in the UK anytime
Hmmm, a beach in the Philippines or a sidewalk in London? Let me think, let me think. I'll have to get back to you on that one Archie but I'm thinking that a bad day in the Philippines is better than a good day in Great Britain.

Capt. Pete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode