Thanks folks. Re the cars, they are, in many ways, all the same - only different. You know what I mean.
- The Viper was an '02. While fun at first, it is truly a BEAST. Hard to handle, very hot and noisy, lost of creaks, and the exhaust tone is poor, from the uneven firing V-10.
- The Z8 is an '02 also. Probably one of the best all around sport-touring cars I've owned. Maybe a bit underpowered these days, at about 396, but a very well balanced and comfortable car.
- The "Cobra" is a Superformance, out of S. Africa. It had a Roush 302 V8, with about 510hp. Very loud, but not as brash as you might expect. Again, a bit of a handful if you let if get away from you. It could bite in an instant if not managed well. Front end heavy! Also hot, for my Texas, USA climate.
- The GT is an 06 Ford GT. 550hp. A more basic, somewhat confined US approach to sport cars. I eventually found it less entertaining to drive. The clamshell type doors are also a pain to utilize in tight spaces. The F430 is much more of a well rounded approach. I owned the Ford GT at the same time as a new 06 Z06 Corvette. (505hp-6spd) The GT actually behaved better than the Vette, especially on wet pavement. Even after a half dozen Corvettes from the 60's to current, I found the new Vette lacking. The interior is poor plastic; showing why the price is so low compared to other supercars.
- The other stable mate at the moment is an 07 Porsche 997 C4S cabriolet. The wife claims that one. It is also a very nice overall package and one of the best all-around cars I've owned.
My insurance guy just laughs when I call him. I think we're on car #60, from over the many years I've used them! Many high performance and never wracked one up yet! Drive Safely!