Ferrari Fun Day Sunday 20th July at Newbury in Berkshire, England. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-13-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 265
Ferrari Fun Day Sunday 20th July at Newbury in Berkshire, England.

Dear Comrades,

I'm interested to learn if anyone from the FL Forum is attending the Ferrari Fun Day at Newbury Showground on Sunday 20th July. In the two preceding years the proceeds has gone to the Air Ambulance (Circa 30,000 was generated at each event - it was previously held at Highclere Castle just south of Newbury). Does anyone know whether the Air Ambulance is still the beneficiary as the 'flyer' makes no mention of this?

There is also the huge Classic Car event at Sherborne Castle in Dorset on the same day, is anyone from here attending that venue?

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 332
I will be at the Newbury Ferrari Fun Day. Indeed the air ambulance is once again the beneficiary of the proceeds. In fact they have just taken delivery of a brand new helicopter which is resplendent in Ferrari Rosso Corsa as a mark of thanks for all the money raised so far.

It is rather a shame that there have been a few clashing events this year.

Jonathan
post #3 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtremlett View Post
I will be at the Newbury Ferrari Fun Day. Indeed the air ambulance is once again the beneficiary of the proceeds. In fact they have just taken delivery of a brand new helicopter which is resplendent in Ferrari Rosso Corsa as a mark of thanks for all the money raised so far.

It is rather a shame that there have been a few clashing events this year.

Jonathan
It's great that F-car owners can do something positive and charitable, hopefully this will improve our image with the public. Does the chopper have Scuderia shields and a prancing horse too

The diary planning has been terrible this year, you'd think that with 52 Sundays in a year they could arrange something every weekend rather than nothing for 3 weeks and 2 or 3 clashing events every 4th Sunday.

This Sunday also clashes with the German GP and my wedding anniversary !!!!!

Archie

post #4 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
...The diary planning has been terrible this year...
Well that's slightly unfair. Firstly there aren't 52 Ferrari-ing weekends in the year. You don't tend to get much response if you arrange your event between November and March!!!

Starting with 21 March my list of events shows something (i.e. at least one Ferrari-specific or other major car event) every weekend up to and including the weekend of 20/21 September. Plus quite a few weekday events too. It is frustrating when things clash, but in truth we are lucky there are so many things of interest.

Jonathan
post #5 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 603
Hopefully will be going in the 348. My air-con system has decided to stop working yesterday so am attempting to fix it now.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
Hopefully will be going in the 348. My air-con system has decided to stop working yesterday so am attempting to fix it now.
Dear Comrade's Angelis and Jonathan Tremlett,

It would seem that a substantial conclave from the Wessex Ferrari Group are heading down to Sherborne Castle in Dorset. Accordingly, it is likely that I may be the only representative from the Wessex Area Group. I am presuming that there will be nothing to impede access to an F-40 which has a particularly low level of ground clearance. Are you able to confirm, please, that this is indeed the case. I am thinking the F-40 may be suitable for the display. However, I can bring the TR if there is a shortage of vehicles to provide rides. Will someone kindly advise, please?

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
post #7 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
now I want a ride in the TR, Vulcan!!! hehehehe

please please please please

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #8 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
I am hoping to take my nephew and niece along for a ride and to look at the cars and eat lots of ice cream. I took them along to the Ferrari Racing Days last year and they loved it. Hopefully will not rain!

Incidentally is there another Racing Days event in the UK this year?

post #9 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan F-40 View Post
Dear Comrade's Angelis and Jonathan Tremlett,

It would seem that a substantial conclave from the Wessex Ferrari Group are heading down to Sherborne Castle in Dorset. Accordingly, it is likely that I may be the only representative from the Wessex Area Group. I am presuming that there will be nothing to impede access to an F-40 which has a particularly low level of ground clearance. Are you able to confirm, please, that this is indeed the case. I am thinking the F-40 may be suitable for the display. However, I can bring the TR if there is a shortage of vehicles to provide rides. Will someone kindly advise, please?

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
As far as I'm aware there is no issue with access. I will check and post further a little later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
...Incidentally is there another Racing Days event in the UK this year?...
Unfortunately not. Hockenheim, Hungaroring and the World Finals at Mugello are the remaining European Racing Days events this year.

Jonathan
post #10 of 16 Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
As far as I'm aware there is no issue with access. I will check and post further a little later on.

Unfortunately not. Hockenheim, Hungaroring and the World Finals at Mugello are the remaining European Racing Days events this year.

Jonathan
Dear Comrade Jonathan Tremlett,

Thank you. I found even at the FOC Spring Picnic at Blenheim Palace that it caught the ground (fortunately only very slightly) on two occasions when egressing the venue.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
post #11 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan F-40 View Post

Thank you. I found even at the FOC Spring Picnic at Blenheim Palace that it caught the ground (fortunately only very slightly) on two occasions when egressing the venue.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
You were lucky then! My 550 grounded at the exit gate with a loud crunch. I had to drive back in where Peter E crawled under the car and taped it back together to get me home. Now repaired properly and fortunately is wasn't anything too bad, just a broken rod that keeps the underbody in shape. One of the Surrey guys hit the same dip and did 2k's worth of damage to his 328!

Regarding the Fun Day, I am told you should have no problems with the access. I'm also told you should bring the car you prefer to bring. They will be delighted to see you with either machine. Incidentally the website is www.ferrarifunday.co.uk for anyone interested and wanting further information.

Jonathan
post #12 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
You were lucky then! My 550 grounded at the exit gate with a loud crunch. I had to drive back in where Peter E crawled under the car and taped it back together to get me home. Now repaired properly and fortunately is wasn't anything too bad, just a broken rod that keeps the underbody in shape. One of the Surrey guys hit the same dip and did 2k's worth of damage to his 328!

Regarding the Fun Day, I am told you should have no problems with the access. I'm also told you should bring the car you prefer to bring. They will be delighted to see you with either machine. Incidentally the website is www.ferrarifunday.co.uk for anyone interested and wanting further information.

Jonathan

Thank you very much indeed and I shall look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

I'm sorry to learn that others experienced problems including your goodself at Blenheim Palace. And as you say, I was indeed very fortunate not to sustain damage.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
post #13 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Dear Comrade Vulcan,

Might I be so bold as to suggest a suspension modification similar to that of the 2nd F40 in this video clip. Note how carefully he approaches the 'hump' and then with a flick of a switch glides effortlessly over, unlike the 1st F40.

post #14 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:

Jonathan
That is a shame, will there be another one in the UK at some point do you think?

post #15 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Owner

Quote:
That is a shame, will there be another one in the UK at some point do you think?

I certainly hope so!

Jonathan
post #16 of 16 Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Dear Comrade Vulcan,

Might I be so bold as to suggest a suspension modification similar to that of the 2nd F40 in this video clip. Note how carefully he approaches the 'hump' and then with a flick of a switch glides effortlessly over, unlike the 1st F40.

Dear Comrade t1fos1,

Yes, the adjustable suspension is a wonderful contrivance as exemplified within the video clip that you so kindly presented. However, I suspect that it would be inordinately difficult to fit retrospectively.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode