Any possible help - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Any possible help

Hey guys hows it going, I joined this board to hopfully get some good information because I figured this is the official place. I have been Ferrari possessed and obsessed since as far as I can remember, I plan on going to UTI in Orlando, Fl soon as I pay off my motorcycles. My only interests in life are racing and learning more about Mechanics. I am a better Driver than my knowledge of how things work, but I want to take my passion as far as I can because its the only thing that makes since to me. How do I get involved in Ferrari? I dont expect to work on one for quite some time, but a good path of information would really help clear things up. All input is greatly appreciated aswell as suggestions. Thanks guys

Joey
TheDriver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Welcome Joey, this is the place to get answers to your questions. Stick around and enjoy yourself

Archie
archiegibbs is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Are you looking to become a Ferrari trained mechanic ?
Boxer is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Are you looking to become a Ferrari trained mechanic ?
Yes I am, I'm in no hurry to get there. I am just trying to find a good way of getting there and learning as much as possible.
TheDriver is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Welcome Joey, this is the place to get answers to your questions. Stick around and enjoy yourself
Thanks alot, much appreciated
TheDriver is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
Yes I am, I'm in no hurry to get there. I am just trying to find a good way of getting there and learning as much as possible.
I would apply for a position at your local Ferrari dealer.
Boxer is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
 
Chrishawk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Welcome Joey. You have definitely come to the right place.

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Chrishawk4 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I would apply for a position at your local Ferrari dealer.
I have no hands on expierence, I am guessing my odds of approval are slim to none in the dealership catagory
My only expierence is I can name every model and edition and engine specs, its just been a dream since I can rememeber, I can tune air/fuel ratios, turbos, etc I'v been around a fair share of Supras. But I took motorcycling a long way on the track. But I dont no how much more phsyical damage I can take! I always take full advantage of my passions (very few) but when i'm hooked theres no end. I guess gaining knowledge is my key.

Thanks guys
Joey
TheDriver is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
I guess gaining knowledge is my key.
Check out the quote from Bart in my signature. True words there my friend. Knowledge and persistance are the keys to success.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
I have no hands on expierence, I am guessing my odds of approval are slim to none in the dealership catagory
My only expierence is I can name every model and edition and engine specs, its just been a dream since I can rememeber, I can tune air/fuel ratios, turbos, etc I'v been around a fair share of Supras. But I took motorcycling a long way on the track. But I dont no how much more phsyical damage I can take! I always take full advantage of my passions (very few) but when i'm hooked theres no end. I guess gaining knowledge is my key.

Thanks guys
Joey
The member - Ferrari328GT - might be able to provide advise on how to get into the business.
Boxer is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Check out the quote from Bart in my signature. True words there my friend. Knowledge and persistance are the keys to success.
I actually heard a Tom Cruise quote on an interview with James Lipton "study to apply knowledge to improve life". Missed the rest of the other quote but I picked up on "education is key". Bart gets all the best from me aswell!:drive:
Thanks for sharing that by the way
TheDriver is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
The member - Ferrari328GT - might be able to provide advise on how to get into the business.
Very much appreciated Boxer, thank you good sir.
TheDriver is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale