Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
I don't know, I figured 355F1FUN would stick around but in her last posts to us in April she told us she had bought a Harley and was having sex with someone new. And strangely enough we haven't heard from her since.

As for mrestivo, she said she got her 348 in a divorce settlement. Well I'm being sued for divorce myself right now. My wife of 5 1/2 years doesn't want to be with me anymore and she seems to feel that she is entitled to everything I've worked my whole life to achieve. Right now she has possession of the house and I have to pay her to live there. I live in a hotel. I hate American women.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 23 Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Mrestiva said she doesn't really want to drive the Ferrari.

I'm sorry to hear about that Pete. Is the 308 safe?

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete

post #4 of 23 Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
I don't know where the women have gone, but I'm also wondering where the men have gone. It's been very quiet on here of late.

Pete, I am very sorry to hear about your domestic circumstances. I hope that you don't get screwed too bad in your settlement. Make sure you get custody of the 308

Archie
post #5 of 23 Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Now I understand your recent "rant" regarding what I'm looking for in a girl thread". I am sure all of the members' thoughts go out for you, Pete (maybe except for the women members). I sure do not wish to be critical of the American cultures, but this one really hits the spot. Without making anymore enemies, I am sure you all know where I stand on this issue. Jimmy
post #6 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 01:13 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about that Pete. Is the 308 safe?

Chris
There's someone who has his priorities straight
post #7 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
There's someone who has his priorities straight
I mean the house....very important

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
post #8 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 06:44 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
I am actually more concerned that Pete keeps the licence plate I sent him. It once hung above her mercedes, but I'm way sure I want Pete to have it. He understands cars !!
post #9 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
I sure do not wish to be critical of the American cultures, but this one really hits the spot.
Jimmy, I think that is true of all western countries, not just the USA. I blame the attourneys and lawyers for it.

Archie
post #10 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Pete, I'm sorry to read about what you are going through.

Divorce is something that I don't wish upon my worst enemies. The loss that everyone experiences is far deeper than just the financial aspect.

Just from reading your posts on here, I certainly don't think you are the least bit of someone who deserves to be going through this.

I do indeed hope that at least the 308 is safe, as Chris puts it; a good drive in a special car goes a long way in bringing enjoyment and taking one's mind off of things when women make trouble.

Hang in there.

- Tony

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #11 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Pete, that's horrible news... I'm very sorry to know that, hope everything turns out the best way possible

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #12 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
I'm not sure how to react. These things can be so dicey. As I'm sure your aware, this can be tramatic for even the most level headed among us. I'm actually considering a change myself.

I guess "good luck" is about the best I can figure for an appropriate response. Lord knows your gonna need it. Can you hide some stuff oversea's? Would it be worth it? Want to sell off the 308 for a buck? I sell it back when all's clear. I'll need a place to store it. Would it be safe in that garage of yours?

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #13 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Jimmy, I think that is true of all western countries, not just the USA. I blame the attourneys and lawyers for it.
Concurr. It really hits the spot and I empathize w/ Pete. I should know cause I've been there myself when I was a poor student. Being where I am from, I did not ask for lawyer service and I literally gave her everything I had at the time. Why is it that this culture is brainwashed to go after materials and money with this take & take mentality ? Pete, it'll take some time but come thru this ordeal. You'll be a little wiser. Then, you can search for a new sweetheart that'll do you good. Jimmy
post #14 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks for all the wishes guys. Yeah, she's going for the jugular. Or rather, her lawyer is. She had left and was staying at her sister's house. After I found she had emptied the bank accounts I threatened to change the locks on the house. The next day the police showed up with a court order forcing me out of the house. Of course the order states that I still have to pay all the bills and provide support for her while she lives there. I'm not allowed on the property. It really sucks because I was just in the final stages of building my dream garage. I had the lift installed and everything, now if I try to use it I'm in contempt of court and I could go to jail. She had timed all this so it was right before I left the country and there was no way I could take legal action to overturn the order before I left. The hearing to disolve the order is July 11th but her lawyer's already filed further motions to keep me out of the house. Evidently she's been planning this for awhile and I just didn't see it coming. I had even flown her over to Singapore last month for a little vacation while I was here working. I had no clue. What happened to the women who appreciated and were thankful for what a man can provide? Nowadays it seems that women feel that they are entitled to and deserve to be provided for as a reward for simply being alive and the law is on their side. She had nothing but debt when I met her and now feels she is entitled to everything I worked for.

So right now I own and pay all the bills on a half million dollar house, I pay my wife to live there and when I get back to the US I'll be living at my parent's house. This is going to be a long battle. We'll see how it all turns out. I would like to keep the house but if the settlement forces the sale of the house then I'll probably just go ahead and sell everything else I own and leave the US and live in either Singapore or Malaysia for a couple of years.

Capt. Pete
post #15 of 23 Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Owner

Pete, I really hope that it works out well for you in the end. Get yourself a good lawyer and make sure you keep what is rightfully yours. I can understand why women get high settlements if kids are involved, but when they entered the relationship with F*** all and there aren't any kids, they really should leave with the same as they entered with.
You're still young enough to bounce back and re-build your life. If you do settle down again, make sure you get a pre-nup signed next time.
Best wishes mate, we are all thinking of you.

Archie
post #16 of 23 Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Owner

Pete, thanx for your elaboration. Going for the jugular is right. How can anyone (female or male) do such heartless things to anyone ???!!! Nobody deserves that kind of treatment. I truly despise these bloodsucking lawyers who can only think in terms of $$$ and their take. Just terrible. Why can't people be more sensible and reasonable instead of exposing full blown greed. Uhhhmmm !!! So much for the legal system. Jimmy
post #17 of 23 Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 AM

All joking I made earlier aside. I wish you the best Pete. Keep us updated. I hope you make it through this not to bruised.

Chris

post #18 of 23 Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks for the wishes guys. I do have a lawyer, actually I've got 2 lawyers and they are both women. Men just want to make it go away, women are ruthless. I've already offered reasonable settlements but my wife has refused them. It is not so much that she wants everything, all she cares about is that I am left with nothing. For any money I have, she would rather the lawyers get it than let me keep it. She knows that there is no way she can keep the house, she is just trying to stay there as long as she can for free and then make sure that I can't keep it either.

As for bouncing back, let me just say that if you are an American male that considers himself unmarried.............Singapore is a great place to be. I'm seriously thinking about moving here after all this divorce stuff is done.

Capt. Pete
post #19 of 23 Old 06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
I am sorry to hear about all this, good luck Pete.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #20 of 23 Old 06-22-2008, 03:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 33
Damn,Damn,Damn, these women that take advantage of the situation, the courts are definitly in their favor, and they can eat you up, think about it, its like your best friend who knows everything about you suddenly turns 360 and becomes your worst nightmare, I've been throught it and it totally SUCKS, its an emotional rollercoaster , its been 10 years and I'm still paying for it and always will since she gets a good bit of my military retirement!! Pete, I feel terrible for you and wish I had the magic answer for you, try to keep your cool and continue to work it, and don't shoot anybody when those yard dogs start snooping around your wife and your stuff, nothing worse than some other dude using your wheels etc. I'd rather blow stuff up than let that happen!!!!!!!Sorry about the rant but this stuff burns my _ss!! Otter

Things are bound to change!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode