Get a free gun with your car - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Get a free gun with your car

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world...as/7416120.stm

Found this on BBC news website.

In a land where most guns are illegal, and the legal ones very strictly licenced this seems strange to me. I'm sure my American friends won't have a problem with it though.

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
That's awesome! I love living in the land of the free and the home of the brave! No where else in the world would you see this kind of incentive. I love it where he says that he recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".

No one will attempt to car jack a vehicle with this dealership's sticker on the back!

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Trust you to see a positive side, Pete

Archie

post #4 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
incredible!

if this dealership was in Brazil, I'd seriously think about buying a car there

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #5 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
In a land where most guns are illegal, and the legal ones very strictly licenced this seems strange to me. I'm sure my American friends won't have a problem with it though.
This is the main difference in crime-fighting between the UK and the USA.

In the UK, they take away everyone's guns and tax the shit out of people so they don't have anything worth stealing.

In the USA, you are allowed to buy high-end items at a reasonable price and you are given a gun and permission to shoot anybody that tries to take your stuff away from you.

I think the American method is more effective. In the town I live in everyone has a gun. We have a high standard of living, we do not have a police department, taxes are low and we have zero crime. If you break into my garage and try to steal my Ferrari, I can legally shoot you dead. That is more of a crime deterent than in the UK where if you break into somebody's house they have to call the police, who are on their tea break, and wait for them to show up. The thief is long gone before the police show up to start their "investigation". No, give me the gun. I'll take care of this myself.

Capt. Pete
post #6 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 10:46 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Wow, only in the US could you do this

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #7 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
This is the main difference in crime-fighting between the UK and the USA.

In the UK, they take away everyone's guns and tax the shit out of people so they don't have anything worth stealing.

In the USA, you are allowed to buy high-end items at a reasonable price and you are given a gun and permission to shoot anybody that tries to take your stuff away from you.

I think the American method is more effective. In the town I live in everyone has a gun. We have a high standard of living, we do not have a police department, taxes are low and we have zero crime. If you break into my garage and try to steal my Ferrari, I can legally shoot you dead. That is more of a crime deterent than in the UK where if you break into somebody's house they have to call the police, who are on their tea break, and wait for them to show up. The thief is long gone before the police show up to start their "investigation". No, give me the gun. I'll take care of this myself.
Pete, that's nearly true, but you forgot the bit about burglars and criminals having rights. If they were arrested by a nasty policeman they might have their civil liberties violated.

Your way sounds better to me - get me a gun.

Archie
post #8 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Pete, that's nearly true, but you forgot the bit about burglars and criminals having rights. If they were arrested by a nasty policeman they might have their civil liberties violated.

Your way sounds better to me - get me a gun.
Oh, here where I live we don't arrest criminals. You can forget the policemen. If the criminals are in your house they have no rights. You can shoot them. If they are outside and you shoot them then you better drag them inside before the Sheriff shows up. That way you won't violate their civil liberties.

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 05-23-2008 at 12:57 PM.
post #9 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

That's the way it should be.
A few years ago, a farmer shot dead a gypsy burglar who had broken into his home. The poor bloke got 3 years for it - he should have got a knighthood for services to the community, by removing thieving scum from the streets.

Archie
post #10 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
I want it legal to have a machine gun and rocketlauncher on my person when I'm cycling and walking around and arsehole drivers think they own the road and that the law does not apply to them. I'm far less likely to be burgled than to be the victim of some jerk with a mercedes, bmw, audi, honda or some other loser-attracting car. I want the road to be safe !!! Guns would be perfect for that
post #11 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
I want it legal to have a machine gun and rocketlauncher on my person when I'm cycling and walking around and arsehole drivers think they own the road and that the law does not apply to them. I'm far less likely to be burgled than to be the victim of some jerk with a mercedes, bmw, audi, honda or some other loser-attracting car. I want the road to be safe !!! Guns would be perfect for that
That reminds me of Grand Theft Auto the game

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #12 of 69 Old 05-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
Yep, if someone were to break into my house...I would have no problem taking them down...
post #13 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post
That reminds me of Grand Theft Auto the game

Chris
If only real life were like that - or maybe it is in America

Some parts of the UK's tough inner cities are already like that, gangs of 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants running around with ouzi's blowing the shit out of each other, just because someone stole their drug dealing turf

Archie
post #14 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Owner
Elite Member

It is getting more like that each day in the big cities in the USA. Most of the violent crime is one group of criminals shooting at another group of criminals over drug turf.

Seems like most of the world's violent crime centers around drugs. I don't know what the answer is. Here in the USA drugs are illegal. The punishment if you are caught is a little jail time, maybe just probation for a first offense. We spend huge amounts of money on policing drug related activities and the criminals war over the huge profits to be made in the drug trade.

In the Netherlands, drugs are legal and I haven't heard about much gang related violent crime in that country. In Singapore drugs are illegal and the punishment for trafficing in drugs is death. They don't have much gang related activity there either. So I think the answer would be either all or nothing. Pick a side, you either allow it or you don't.

Capt. Pete
post #15 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 05:24 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Pete, in Brazil (specially in Rio de Janeiro) it is also like that - violence comes from drug dealers with big guns, small brains and lots of money

Personally, I don't think our police/goverment/whatever can take control of the situation, so I came close to the idea of legalizing all kinds of drugs

Don't take me wrong, I've never used anything, I've never even touched a regular cigarrete, but I believe legalizing is the best for the country and people (like myself) that don't have anything to do with drug users

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #16 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 06:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Stile,
I'm with you. I don't use drugs and have no desire to but I figure instead of paying billions of dollars fighting it, why not legalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Make money off it instead of spending money to fight it. How would it be any different than alcohol? Look at the USA during the 1920's when prohibition was in effect banning alcohol. This is when the gangsters reigned and made millions smuggling booze while the US government spent millions fighting them. Prohibition was eventually repealed and now the government regulates it and makes a lot of money by taxing it.

The other side of the coin if we still want to have drugs illegal is to stiffen the penalties so it is more of a deterrent. Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei all have drug trafficing laws where the penalty is death. That's a hell of a deterrent. If you get caught smuggling drugs into the USA you might face some jail time or if you are a foreign national you may just get deported. If you get caught smuggling drugs into Singapore they kill you.

This middle-of-the-road thing we've got going on here in the USA and in the UK, to protect the rights of the criminal, just isn't working. We've got to go to the extreme one way or the other and stick to it. Either let them do it and regulate it or don't let them do it and kill them if they do.

Capt. Pete
post #17 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,045
My thoughts exactly...if there is that much problem, legalize and tax it, or just ban it completely and have a zero tolerance one time and you're done policy. Death penalty sounds fine to me.
post #18 of 69 Old 05-24-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I agree with you all. Legalise it, make it a legitimate business and sell from government regulated drug shops where it is taxed. The coffe shops in Amsterdam where they sell canabis seem to have wiped out a lot of the problems in Holland. As for the harder stuff like Heroin and crack, the death penalty for dealers and importers should do the trick

Archie
post #19 of 69 Old 05-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 50
My 2 Cents!

Just my opinion here, but I will say up front that I am a veteran police detective (narcotics) in a "major" police department in New York. Before my detective position, I spent 12 years in SWAT, so I have seen alot of death over the past 23 years.

What I have NEVER seen is a criminal with a pistol permit! Criminals do not apply for permits, they just go out and buy a gun on the street. Gun control does not work, what works is people control...that is put criminals in jail and leave them there. Mandatory senrencing is bulls**t! All the gun laws in the world will not stop a criminal from commiting a gun crime, it just stops an honest citizen from owning one to protect himself and his family.
I have never had a permit carrier take a shot at me!

If you couuld snap a finger and make every firearm in the world disappear, criminals would still commit crimes and kill...would simply adapt and find another means to do it...knife, baseball bat, table leg...you name it. I seen homicides commited with rocks!
post #20 of 69 Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
I'd love to see a homicide committed with marshmallows

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode