Craziest Weather!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-11-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Craziest Weather!!!

What is the craziest weather that you have ever driven in?

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
at round about the change from 2007 to 2008 there was a bit of fog in the Netherlands. Actually... there was a LOT of fog. It was so bad that the police and fire brigade that were patrolling (due to fireworks) that night just couldn't go faster than walkingspeed. Someone litteraly had to walk in front of the cars to guide them. I've seen fog, and I've even seen fog that was dangerous (less than 50 meters - 150 ft visibility, but this just took the cake. Very cool though
post #3 of 6 Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Heavy snow fall.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Craziest weather

One comes to mind

A few years ago I was out at our lake on a sunny windy Sunday afternoon
I love when it is windy because we get good rollers on the lake.

A roller is swells in the water basically large waves without them breaking this makes for perfect conditions for jumping with the jet ski, I can get any where from 3 to 9 ft in the air, anyhoo enough bragging.

There were a lot of people at the Yacht club for our annual party and everyone was having fun but me, I was looking at the rollers and my gal knew it she says "you want to go riding don't you" and I said "hell yes"
so then go but be careful she says., zzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooom I'm in my wet suit and and on my PWC before she changed her mind.

Where the waves are the biggest is just in front and to the left of the Yacht club so as I start showing off, a good crowd gathers to watch..

As I am preoccupied in adrenalin I did not see these ominous green clouds come over the hills till it was almost too late.

What first caught my attention was a lightning strike to the right of me about 30 meters away and a loud CRACK as it ripped through the atmosphere ( defining)

So know I look around and I feel the wind go calm, I see these green clouds coming down the hills and start across the water coming straight at me, it looked like stretched out fingers of the devil slightly curled and moving at a good clip.

Just in front of this monstrosity was two larger boats about a 1 km away from me and just in front of the green squall, I see that they are both speeding trying to outrun it but having little luck.

Now I start to see a solid white wall forming in front of the squall, I stare and stare at this intently for I do not know or have ever seen this before, soon it catches up to the first boat and (Gulp) it is swallowed by the white wall, a few seconds later (Gulp) it swallows the next boat, what in hell is this.

The squall is now 1/2km away and moving fast but I can't stop staring trying to figure out what the hell that wall is, a few seconds later it is almost on top of me, this squall is clipping about 80 to 90mph.. I know this because my machine does easily 75mph and I could not out run it but I'm getting ahead of myself.

As I start to snap out of it I can hear what sounds like a steak sizzling in a pan of oil and I realize what the white wall is........giant HAIL hitting the water..

I turn around fast, the Yacht club and sanctuary is only 30 to 40 sec away I can make it vvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooom I'm gone with the white wall of death following literally feet behind me.

I am full throttle I feel the wind pick up with one violent gust and BOOM the water is so choppy that it makes riding very difficult but I stand up and focus,
all of a sudden I can see what appears to be small explosions forming around me and WHAM! a giant hail strikes my forearm YEEEEEEEEEOUCH!, it f#cking hurt then SLAM another on my chest the CRACK right on my head, I actually saw stars.

By know only seconds have passed but I am 100 meters from the Yacht club shore line, it is getting difficult to see even a few feet in front of me I am getting pummeled by the hail I have one arm up over my head and steering 70mph with the other.

I reach the beach slide the PWC up on shore and sprint to the club house where my now frantic but unimpressed gal was waiting for me along with all the other onlookers with their (you sir are an Idiot gaze)in their eyes.

My eyes must have been as big as baseballs from the adrenalin and I was bleeding from my shoulder and head so I look around and say YAAAAAAAH!
THAT WAS AWESOME!.

I have seen many storms but not one with green clouds or the intensity of this one it only lasted 1 min and POOF...gone as fast as it appeared down the lake.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #5 of 6 Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Wow Night Life, the stories you have never cease to amaze me. Great story. I've only seen green clouds during tornado warnings

Chris

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #6 of 6 Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post

My eyes must have been as big as baseballs from the adrenalin and I was bleeding from my shoulder and head so I look around and say YAAAAAAAH!
THAT WAS AWESOME!
hehehehehehe only a really cool guy would say that!

write a book with those stories!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode