Why would anyone do this??? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-11-2007, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Why would anyone do this???

People do crazy things when they have too much money....

Talk about not knowing the value of money...I bet if he was going out of business he would take it down, have the engine put back in and it would be for sale….

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars...wall/1405.html

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
It does seem a waste to us normal people who have to work hard fo a living and will never be in the same league as the super rich, but it's all relative, 50K or 100K on a car is probably like loose change to the guy, and I bet it gets his guests talking more than they would if he had a valuable painting on the wall.

is it really any worse than hanging a 5M rennaisance masterpiece on your wall?

Personally, I would have chosen a different colour, yellow would have looked better ;-)

Archie
post #3 of 13 Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Let me put it to you this way,

What if he put a .60 R/C engine with servo’s on a 5M renaissance masterpiece and tries to fly it in a park?

Loose change or not, it was not meant to be hanging on a wall….it just upsets me when people do stupid things to beautiful masterpieces. Hell why not take a 250 GTO and put a 12 inch suspension lift kit on it, an 8 inch body lift, and go off road with it…

I have a great idea…why not buy an Enzo, put tracks instead of tires on the rear and skis on the front, since the underbody is completely smooth, go riding in the snow like a snowmobile….it can be done, hell for a millionaire/billionaire it’s like me having 5 bucks in my pocket…..hahaha!!!!!!!!! God forbid if I win 20 million….Enzo meets the chop shop…….Monster Garage style…

~
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

post #4 of 13 Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Owner

Art is a very strange thing, and it is meant to cause controversy. If no one talks about it it doesn't get the publicity. I saw something on TV last week where an artist covered a landscape window in cow crap, it made national TV news and everyone was talking about it.
Whether you love it or hate it, art has always pushed boundaries and always will. Even in Da Vinci and Botticelli's time the critics complained about bare breasts and nudity. It moves on and this is the latest incarntion of pushing art to the boundaries.
Music is just the same, shock value is worth far more than being good or creating a beautiful image/composition. If you shock you will get the publicity you crave. Would punk have exploded in 77 if the Sex Pistols said please and thank you? Would Eminem be a mega star if he rapped about washing the dishes and taking his pet poodle for a walk?
I haven't got any plans to turn my 328 into a coffee table, but if anyone knows where there's a wrecked F-car with good seats, I could do with some new chairs in my study

Archie
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Well.. I surpose it's not as BAD as a certain female "hip hop" performer in the US having a F355 made into a bed!!!
post #6 of 13 Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Owner

I'm ignorant when it comes to hip hop, who was it?

Archie
post #7 of 13 Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
missy elliot or something... It was on MTV Cribs... it had a LCD TV pop up out of the engine bay.. made me want to buy a gun..
post #8 of 13 Old 04-14-2007, 02:02 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 79
I recall reading in a 2000 issue of Queste about a Japanese businessman who had a Ferrari F40 upside-down as a ceiling to a bar in his house. It included a picture. I haven't been able to find anymore info about it on the Internet, though.

One could say, though, that plastering a Countach to the wall of a mansion is more than appropriate for the history the car has had, being notorious for looks and style over driving experience

No way would I do that to any car, though. It would have to somehow be completely beyond repair.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Completely tasteless which matches well with the era of the car: '80s.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTUNE View Post
missy elliot or something... It was on MTV Cribs... it had a LCD TV pop up out of the engine bay.. made me want to buy a gun..
I can't say it surprises me re Missy Elliott, no amount of money or fame can buy you taste or breeding.

Archie
post #11 of 13 Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTUNE View Post
I had never heard this, sounds repulsive.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Is it bad that I don't feel as bad about it since its not a ferrari? I love the countach but alas given my 6' 260lb frame I would never be able to drive one
post #13 of 13 Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
hey Pete....not to blow the thread but...Barbie has died many more times than that....I personnally killed maybe 10 of them. I still recall the pleasure I would attain from pulling off the head, dropping in a few salutes, lighting the fuse and watching her convulse across the front yard. Boy was my sister mad!! and Man, was that funny!!

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode