That's twice... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
That's twice...

Two years ago, I was trying to motivate my wife, then 26 to get her drivers license (long story why she waited so long) because I was getting tired after 8 years of driving her all over the place and wanted her to be independent and would make sense when we got our daughter for safety reasons. So like I said 2 years ago, I told her, you get your license (I will pay for the driver’s course) and I will buy you a car. So for fun we went to the local dealership where we looked at cars.

She told me a convertible was her dream, she didn’t care what car it was as long as it was a convertible. At the time, only the Solstice was the convertible model sold by GM and I told her no because she could not put a car seat and she agreed.

She saw a Pontiac Wave 4 door coupe on the lot…color…Aqua…ughhh what an ugly car and a horrible color. Well she loved it…obviously…so as we were leaving I drove up to the front doors of the dealership. She looked at me saying what are you doing? I said lets go inside im buying the car for you. She said yeah right…I don’t have my license yet and I don’t believe you will buy me a car so don’t go wasting the salesman’s time.

Well an hour later I bought it, she was in heaven, first car, new car, all equipped, and a color she thought was totally cool. So 3 days later we took delivery and I parked it in the driveway for 9 months while she finished her driving school and had to look at it everyday while she walked to work rain or snow (half a mile). It was the answer to the perfect motivation I was looking for because I was tired of trying to get her to go for her license.

~
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Last Tuesday my wife had a day off, she needed an oil change and ask if I would go to the dealer and get it done. So at 9am, as I was leaving she said wait up I want to go for the ride. So we drove it in the service area and left it there, she asked if we could go see the cars because she saw the Pontiac G6 Convertible hard top in a commercial and wanted to see if they had one in the show room…

Every time the car commercial would come on she would say look honey…my dream car… or run into the living room just to get a glimpse of the G6...

So in the showroom, there was this black 2007 G6 GT fully loaded with black leather and the dealer had installed 245/35/20 Falken tires on really funky chrome rims and it was just sitting there…shinning and waiting…my wife said wow, what a car, I said yeah it sure is. My salesman came over to me just to shoot the shit and I said to him, show her the car…so he did, made her sit in it, showed her how the top comes up and down etc…she was in heaven, I asked my wife, can you afford the payment? She said it’s a little too much for me per month, so I asked her how much she would pay and she gave me a reasonable price so I looked at my guy and said, how much down to be at that price, he gave me a number, I paid it, and we took delivery that afternoon. They took the 05 Wave with only 4970 kms on the odometer and in excellent condition and now my wife has her dream car and is very happy…well more like in heaven….lol.

In the deal, we also got the original 18 inch mag wheels and tires that came with the car. Never thought my wife would have a full set of mags and tires in the garage before me, but hey…that’s life….

As we left to go home with the car she said you drive I’m too excited…a few miles down the road, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, I cant believe you just did that, that’s twice…

~
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

Last edited by Magnum6464; 03-06-2007 at 07:49 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 366
Hey, what's that white stuff on the ground? How come that neat hardtop isn't down? -Steve

post #4 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

They advise not to put the top down below 15 degrees F because the electric actuators can stay jammed in the close position (top down/open) and the next morning when I took the pictures it was -13 F.

This weekend should be around 45 degrees so I will take more pictures, and a little clearer then some I posted, I didn’t wait long enough for the auto zoom because it was really cold…with the wind that morning it was -31 F.

~

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #5 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Owner

Why not hand carry those pictures to me in Phoenix. It is supposed to be 86F tomorrow and for the next week . I had the 328 out today with the targa top off, went to Starbucks and had an iced drink.... -Steve
post #6 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Actually, I love driving in the snow and ice…its pure fun. Very few people know how to have fun driving in it but when you do…oh man what a rush, imagine drifting every corner if you want with minimal effort no matter what you drive. So when you do it on pavement with a powerful car, it’s child’s play. People actualy pay and take classes to learn how to drift....now that's funny....

If you have a FWD, you do a quick pull on the e-brake and once in a 45 angle, floor it and do a perfect drift, if you have RWD, floor it entering the curve or corner and voila…and AWD or 4X4 hard turn a little before the turn then floor it…no tire squealing and not illegal. For me, I drive this beast and it’s really cool to drift in this baby. It also keeps the tailgaters away (If you want) on a straight road. When they get too close and get annoying, I floor it and she goes sideways (again on a 45 degree angle) and they back off real quick…pretty funny.

If you have a certain amount of HP/Torque, you can do it without snow because of the calcium/salt residue on the pavement that makes it slick, still with less than half the effort of clean summer pavement…

~
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #7 of 7 Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Owner

Now that you remind me, I remember having fun driving in Michigan winters. And when all else fails, dump the car into a snow bank! However, since I moved to Phoenix in 1980, I only drive in snow once a year in Colorado. I must admit I've forgotten how to do it.

Stay warm, Mario.
-Steve

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode