F1 360 Shifts into Neutral in either mode - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
F1 360 Shifts into Neutral in either mode

Hello everyone... New ferrari owner & new member to the forum...

I have owned my ferrari 360 for 5 months now. Recently, the F1 tranmission has begun "missing shifts" and going into neutral while upshifting, either pulling the paddle or on its own in AUTO mode... has anyone experienced this? Please help...

Thank you very much.

PS - I love my Ferrari... It has been a "life-changer" LOL! :drive:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Sounds like the clutch might be on its last legs. Suggest you take it in and get it looked at.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Can the clutch be checked without disassembly? Also, does the engine need to come down to change the clutch?

post #4 of 14 Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

If you hook it up to the SDII, it will tell you how much of the clutch is left.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-13-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Boxer,

Thank you for your help and info. The SDII is an authorized ferrari dealer exclusive? Or do most mechanics have it?
post #6 of 14 Old 02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

The software is supposted to be Ferrari exclusive but a number of good independents have it.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

FYI - For all who helped out..

The problem resided in a simple lack of pressure in the F1 system fluid. My car has a small leak and it needed to be topped off... A few dry-run shifts & a drive down the block and all is normal!!! )

Enjoying my 360 again... Total Cost to fix: $75 bucks for two liters of the factory recommended Shell Donax Tx fluid...

Biglen
post #8 of 14 Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Glad to hear it is sorted and you are back to enjoying the 360.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Owner

I'm having just the same problem, the Ferrari dealer recommend a cluth change to solve the problem. A $8000 cost! I'll try your solution first ;-) Hopefully it's the same problem. I've been driving my 360 spider now for almost 2 years now and loving every mile of it. Going to Italy this summer along the lake's in the north. So this problem is one I can miss ;-) Will keep you posted if it's the same problem.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Definitely get a second opinion from a experienced independent mechanic before going with the clutch. Not that i don't trust dealers...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 14 Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
Clutch and clutch position sensor are the most common causes of that symptom.

If you have a quality independent get a second opinion like Wetpet says and price compare also. You should be able to get more for your money.

post #12 of 14 Old 04-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Owner

Well I checked the oil level as described in the manual and it was to low. So I topped it of with about 250ml donax Tx. Also did the dry run and then toon it out for drive. All was well for about 10 Miles then it started again. The problem gets alot wors when I drive it then stop and a houre later I drive again. When I looked at the car the Next Day it had a big oil leak underneath it. Looks like all the oil I poured in came right out again. Try to find the source off the leak and looks line it came out of the filler cap itself. Getting desperated now :-( Going to an independent mechanic On wednesday, hope he can find the problem...
post #13 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Owner

Hey Everyone,

Well we hooked up the ferrari computer and we have discoverd the problem. In the gearbox the gears have to much tolerance between eachother. It's like in a manuel, when you try to sift but the gear isn't there and you have to pusch it in. When the computer does'nt find the gear it goes in to neutral. That is the problem, now to solve it is an whole other problem :-S The guy I went to has'nt seen this problem on a 360. He wanted to do some research first. I called hem about 14 days ago and he has a 360 in the garage with just the same problem and he was going to do his first and call me when it was done. Have not heard him yet...
I'm just pissed at the official Ferrari dealer because he said it was a clutch problem and there is absolutly nothing wrong with the cluth, that was a 6000 euro work...

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks
post #14 of 14 Old 10-21-2019, 10:03 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I have the same problem on my 360-F1. I don't have any oil leakage, the problem occurs in auto-mode, when using the paddles, when using sport mode. Tried a lot but notice no difference. The clutch seems OK, not slipping or whatsoever.
I now have my F1-system (pump, actuator, valves/solenoids) revised. I am anxious to see whether that solved it.

You say "...the gears have to much tolerance...": how did you find out and why is it too much (iow: what is not too much) ?