Sad news... we lost our Captain - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Mario, sorry to hear your hardships which I suppose we all have our own versions, but still...you do not deserve all that.

I can comment on many but suffice to say that your three "friends" who walked away due to jealousy (???), I do not understand at all. They were not your true friends.

Jimmy

Italian Lover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 02-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Hey Mario, that password thing is a pain in the ass, I had to email the admin and ask them to reset mine. Got there in the end though.
I left the forum about 7 yrs ago, when we all hooked up on Facebook. Haven't been on here since, but with the sad events, thought I'd come back one last time to pay my respects to Pete.
I was trawling through some old PM's from Pete from around 2009, the last ones were just after you'd been banned for your colourful language. Pete forwarded me a message from the person who'd got you banned, it was an evil message. We'd been chatting about informing Andrew and getting you reinstated. I can't take any credit for that, but I remember Pete was fuming in Singapore, he'd logged in from his lap top in the hotel room, and the ring leader of all the crap was posting offensive rubbish about what me and Pete were up to. I think it was then that he messaged Andrew, and within a few days we were all welcoming you back.
Oh your troll busting posts were legendary, been laughing to myself today about them and reminiscing about the good old days on here

I remember that... Damn was Pete ever pissed off.... he had contacted me via email because he wasn't home, he was livid... then later, Andrew contacted me and then called me. Andrew and I spoke on the phone for almost an hour... LOL

I remember Boxer sending me a few emails a few times too Hahahahaha.... but hey, I was the Black Sheep of the group, someone had to step up... But I usually let it go for a while then I let them have it... Yeah I hate trolls.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
post #23 of 33 Old 02-28-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
I remember that... Damn was Pete ever pissed off.... he had contacted me via email because he wasn't home, he was livid... then later, Andrew contacted me and then called me. Andrew and I spoke on the phone for almost an hour... LOL

I remember Boxer sending me a few emails a few times too Hahahahaha.... but hey, I was the Black Sheep of the group, someone had to step up... But I usually let it go for a while then I let them have it... Yeah I hate trolls.

~

Mario

Great to have almost all of the gang back together - I guess only Pete could make that happen, just so sad that it's in these circumstances...

Like Jimmy brilliantly put, we may go on our own separate ways but I guess we all had too much fun here at Ferrari Life to ever forget the good friends we made here.

Love y'all!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

post #24 of 33 Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Owner

Stile, Pete had one hell of a spirit. Full of envy.

Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #25 of 33 Old 03-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post
Great to have almost all of the gang back together - I guess only Pete could make that happen, just so sad that it's in these circumstances...

Like Jimmy brilliantly put, we may go on our own separate ways but I guess we all had too much fun here at Ferrari Life to ever forget the good friends we made here.

Love y'all!

Yeah, we did have great times here, laughed our asses off... We only continued on FB because there was no moderators. Not because the moderators here were bad, total opposite, they were great but on FB we could say what we wanted and have a blast and not worry about some overly sensitive pussy that was going to cry to the moderators to tell us to stop using the word fuck, shit or asshole like we were 8 graders in the school yard... Swearing is about context, always has been. Too many people get offended for absolutely nothing...

Comedians have been making jokes about it since as far as I can remember, Richard Prior, George Carlin, hell he made it into a very successful career about the 7 dirty words you can't say on TV in 1972 (a year before I was born) and he was even cast in kids TV shows and kids movies... Chris Rock uses the N word (I don't say it because I'm not Chris Rock) but he actually made a comedy bit out of it and everyone laughed... It was funny as hell. He even laughed about the word Faggot, and not for insulting gay people, but in a way that meant something else and that too was really funny.

Dave Chappelle made a black and white skit of the N Family and that was simply hilarious because he stepped out of bounds and took chances and made it neutral to show the differences in context. But people want their feelings to be heard all the time to everyone and then want to correct everyone to be clean and pure.... pfffffft.... fuck that shit, nobody's pure... you can find dirt on everyone... LOL. People need to start accepting people the way they are. Now as long as you don't start breaking any laws like having a public execution because it's acceptable in your country, we have laws, and if the death penalty is accepted in your state then follow those rules. This is a forum, people need to chill... This is what we all loved about Pete, he accepted everyone the way they were... and that's why we all got along so well. Not only would he accept everyone the way they were, he would defend you to others if they didn't understand you because he did and he considered you a great friend... The controversial conversation he used to start on FB were serious, hilarious and sometimes both together and nothing was personal and we all had a great time.

Pete was a roughneck, he was a drill ship Captain, he was very smart, educated, funny and caring and he said it like it was, accepted others like they were and always wanted to laugh and have a great time and he did. Those who were friends with him here and later on FB knew this...

Love y'all too...

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

Last edited by Magnum6464; 03-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.
post #26 of 33 Old 03-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Pete left a hell of a legacy and made so many people laugh, it was an honour and a privilege to have known him for the last decade or so. In the last few days, I've laughed and cried, but mainly laughed thinking about some of the crazy stuff I've been involved with Pete in over the last 10 years.
Yeah, he was a roughneck, but he was proud of that, I wouldn't have loved him the way I did if he was more sophisticated. But he was very smart too, don't be fooled by his public appearance.
The language, content, boyish humour and tone of most of our private conversations are unrepeatable in public, but I've been in stitches going through some of our FB chats.
He brought a lot of happiness to my life over the years, and I'm going to remember him for that.

Sorry it's only been a brief return to FL, but I'm signing out again, and I hope it will be a very long time before I have to come back and pay tribute to any one else from the old crew. I'll be over on FB if anyone wants to find me.

Love y'all too
Cheers

Archie
post #27 of 33 Old 03-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Owner
Elite Member

A few more picture of Pete and one of just his rides, well some of his rides. He had more than those 2.

~

Mario
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

Last edited by Magnum6464; 03-02-2017 at 08:25 AM.
post #28 of 33 Old 03-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Owner

Mario, thanx for sharing those.

Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #29 of 33 Old 03-02-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
A few more picture of Pete and one of just his rides, well some of his rides. He had more than those 2.

~

Mario

Nice pics, great memories from the Captain!!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #30 of 33 Old 03-08-2017, 03:07 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Pete was a wonderful guy and I always enjoyed our discussions.

He lived a great life and did it his way.

Maine and the world will miss him.
post #31 of 33 Old 03-09-2017, 09:14 AM
BANNED

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
R.I.P Captain Pete
stile - alpine likes this.
post #32 of 33 Old 05-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Wow, I just came across this thread. I am truly surprised and sad about this. Pete was definitely one of the funniest guys in the forum. R.I.P. Pete.
arifulislam6585 likes this.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #33 of 33 Old 06-08-2017, 03:17 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Sorry to hear this news.

Have not been here for some time but it's nice to see and hear these stories.

You all are good people and the words are meaningful.
arifulislam6585 likes this.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode