Hoping to drive the 2017 Mille Miglia - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-04-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Hoping to drive the 2017 Mille Miglia

We all have bucket list items that we tick off as life goes on. If we're lucky we get to do some, most or, if we're really lucky, all of them. Then there are those fantasy dreams that we fantasize we will do some day but are really so extravagantly beyond the realistic that we understand they are just that, fantasies. I hope I'm on the road to doing one of the fantasies. I've been a car nut since age ten, read all the early car magazines car and still have an original copy of the magazine in which appeared Denis Jenkinson's report of his drive as navigator with Stirling Moss in their Mercedes-Benz 300SLR win of the 1955 Mille Miglia.

So driving in today's Mille Miglia has been my car fantasy, a wild dream never to be done. Except that two weeks ago a friend and I bought an eligible Triumph TR2, the Standard Motor Car Company's 1954 press car that has been completely restored and fitted out for serious rallying. And filed our application to run it in the Mille Miglia this May. We've arranged with the English Company that restored the car to provide rally support. Some nights I can't sleep, thinking about driving the TR2 down the ramp in Brescia and doing the same thousand mile course that Stirling ran.

If I've managed it properly, here's a link to my TR2:

https://www.premiumclassiccars.com/c...ngs/1954-tr2/#

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode