Ferrari Life Needs a Heart Transplant... - Page 2 - Ferrari Life
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 10-11-2016, 08:11 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 931
Wow, it's been awhile! Once the site was sold and revamped, I noticed a change. That and starting up college, I couldn't find the time to come on. Glad I checked in and I'll try to be more active again.

This website means a lot to me as it was my gateway into the sportscar world and had a large role in my career field I'm in now. Gentlemen like Taz, Boxer, champagne, Dave Rocks, David down under, Maxemus and more all had an impact on me.

"A setback is a setup for a comeback"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 10-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett lucca View Post
I think to many people take these forums way to seriously, with that being said, I have posted as much as I possibly could regarding my personal experience with my Ferrari and my motorcycles. I was logged into F Chat under a disguise for about 6 months, very rarely commenting, then ,as usual,, some asshole started talking shit about my suggestion to run a Tubi and a Larini test pipe, I responded tactfully, and I still got banned by the admin,,so still the same old fucking assholes on that site that think their shit dont stink, and that basically could use a left in the street for dead ass kicking,,its as simple as that,,,As far as this site, Im sorry to see it die out,,but things change, people change,,,and whatever the hell else,,,Im always going to visit each sight,,but I will never expose myself on F CHAT ,,,again,,,I will always own my Ferrari, and will always have fun riding my 6 motorcycles ,,My new Ducati is so much fun, than I am going to buy a 2016 Monster 1200 R,,,Wishing all you fellows well

Brett Lucca....
Hello Lucca,

Times ago also I wrote on FChat, i explained my works ... but not only i also tryed to give my contribute to the general discussions.. but when the admin seen my posts I was banned (for life) by Rob Lay because for he i did an unacceptable thing....
I had mails exchange with him but is a very rude person (not educated), i tryed to explain but he don't wanted to listen me, banned and nothing else!
FChat have more big sponsors that produce car products and if you try to explain one defect, or you try to show one better product, you will banned immediately!
I recently decided to become sponsor of this forum because i found here more friendly people, and i hope it become back to two years ago when life was more active ...
I hope people come back here to write ....

Best Regards

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: [email protected]
post #23 of 39 Old 10-12-2016, 08:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 25
Rob Lay

Rite on Fabio . rob lay is a punk, in my estimation,,Hope all is well with you, and I wish great business for you, My business is doing so well, that I sometimes cant believe it !! Im going for a Lambo Gallardo, 2008 6 Speed, I will always love Ferraris,,but they are now all out of my price range , except maybe F 430, but I think that I can get more car for my money, say 100k for a V10 and all wheel drive, the Gallardo is better looking , the F430 though has a much better interior . Im in total love with my Ducati !! I cant believe what a perfect machine it is . It handles like its on train tracks, its fast, torquey and just a blast to ride . My Hyabusa is now 1400 CCs with a total rebuild, 12 .5 to 1 JE Pistons, dual intake cams, head rebuilt, new valves and guides, new crank bearings , Carillo Rods,,and the works,,,I had it Dyno Run, 203 Rear Wheel HP !!!
Attached Images

Last edited by brett lucca; 10-12-2016 at 08:33 PM.

post #24 of 39 Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Brett, always amazed at your passion for speed. Great to hear all is well. Do share your experiences with your Lambo too.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #25 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,500
Shot from that angle, the Gallardo does look very nice and certainly better than the 360/430 which, IMO, were not Pinninfarina's finest. Indeed, the Gallardo is one of Lamborghini's best of recent times - relatively clean and simple unlike many modern Lambos, although still a touch too "cab-forward" for my liking. I hope you find yourself a nice one.

I would not even know where to start with the sort of bikes you ride - absolutely awesome! - but when you said "It handles like its on train tracks" that reminded me of the only Ducati I owned, a 500 parallel twin in the mid-'70s. It's handling was so far ahead of the Japanese bikes I had owned before that it was nothing short of a revelation.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport

Last edited by Bluebottle; 10-13-2016 at 12:39 AM.
post #26 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 AM
Owner

As for the Lambo's G, do understand that Audi technology made superior engineering relative to the older Lambos. Such Lambos have strong followings here in Japan and I do see them running in the streets of Tokyo a lot.

Being a bike moron, I cannot make any intelligent comments at all except suffice to say, awesome! With the theft reality in LA, you must be nervous and pretty sure you don't leave them parked unattended.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #27 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschprung View Post
Wow, it's been awhile! Once the site was sold and revamped, I noticed a change. That and starting up college, I couldn't find the time to come on. Glad I checked in and I'll try to be more active again.

This website means a lot to me as it was my gateway into the sportscar world and had a large role in my career field I'm in now. Gentlemen like Taz, Boxer, champagne, Dave Rocks, David down under, Maxemus and more all had an impact on me.
Good to hear from you again - keep posting. Maybe we can get this site on to life support yet!

Best wishes, John
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC, 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #28 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Rite on Fabio . rob lay is a punk, in my estimation,,Hope all is well with you, and I wish great business for you, My business is doing so well, that I sometimes cant believe it !! Im going for a Lambo Gallardo, 2008 6 Speed, I will always love Ferraris,,but they are now all out of my price range , except maybe F 430, but I think that I can get more car for my money, say 100k for a V10 and all wheel drive, the Gallardo is better looking , the F430 though has a much better interior . Im in total love with my Ducati !! I cant believe what a perfect machine it is . It handles like its on train tracks, its fast, torquey and just a blast to ride . My Hyabusa is now 1400 CCs with a total rebuild, 12 .5 to 1 JE Pistons, dual intake cams, head rebuilt, new valves and guides, new crank bearings , Carillo Rods,,and the works,,,I had it Dyno Run, 203 Rear Wheel HP !!!
Hello Lucca,

About Lambo Gallardo i think is a great car and the 4wd make safe on driving ....
The V10 have different sound from the V12, is perfectly recognizable from long distance, is angry and strong....
I think you will be enjoy of this car, but about the stile is a personal taste .....
Compliments for your motorcycles, and great for the 203 Rear Wheel HP of your Hyabusa

Best Regards from Italy ....

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #29 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 04:25 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Lover View Post
As for the Lambo's G, do understand that Audi technology made superior engineering relative to the older Lambos. Such Lambos have strong followings here in Japan and I do see them running in the streets of Tokyo a lot.

Being a bike moron, I cannot make any intelligent comments at all except suffice to say, awesome! With the theft reality in LA, you must be nervous and pretty sure you don't leave them parked unattended.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Hello Jimmy,
i think you could be more enjoy on her, if you buy one.
Best Regards

Fabio F.

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #30 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 04:26 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
Good to hear from you again - keep posting. Maybe we can get this site on to life support yet!
John,

"Maybe we can get this site on to life support yet!" ...

I hope Yes, is full of kindly persons ....

All the Best

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #31 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 80
I'm an infrequent poster so I take more than I give. I own an F430, a Porsche Carrera S, a Cayman S, a MB and an M3. I'm retired and do some maintenance and repairs myself. Because of the diversity of cars that I own, I'm "an inch deep and a mile wide" regarding my specific knowledge about any single car which means a can't offer up much technical advice. Like other have said, my main interest in sites like this is technical information and experiences. Following that, I like to read about somewhat unusual driving experiences and places visited with a Ferrari or other exotic car. I too have noticed the reduction in postings and am saddened by that.

Rich

2006 F430 Spyder, 2011 Carrera S & 2006 BMW M3
Member FCA Florida, Suncoast PCA & BMWCCA
post #32 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 06:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Banned?!

Quote:
I think to many people take these forums way to seriously, with that being said, I have posted as much as I possibly could regarding my personal experience with my Ferrari and my motorcycles. I was logged into F Chat under a disguise for about 6 months, very rarely commenting, then ,as usual,, some asshole started talking shit about my suggestion to run a Tubi and a Larini test pipe, I responded tactfully, and I still got banned by the admin,,so still the same old fucking assholes on that site that think their shit dont stink, and that basically could use a left in the street for dead ass kicking,,its as simple as that,,,As far as this site, Im sorry to see it die out,,but things change, people change,,,and whatever the hell else,,,Im always going to visit each sight,,but I will never expose myself on F CHAT ,,,again,,,I will always own my Ferrari, and will always have fun riding my 6 motorcycles ,,My new Ducati is so much fun, than I am going to buy a 2016 Monster 1200 R,,,Wishing all you fellows well

Brett Lucca....
Let me get this straight. One of the more interesting/crazy contributors to this site, whose comments we all enjoy got banned?! The value of this site is based on content. And the people who provide the most interesting and valuable content should be worshiped not banned!

The site owner needs to understand that without the key players this site is WORTHLESS. No one will come here and they will move or have already to the competitor. Even I"m spending more time there as there is more interesting content there. Having said that I would love to see this site blossom again as this is where I found the knowledge and encouragement.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

Last edited by efg2014; 10-13-2016 at 06:51 AM.
post #33 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
When Andrew went, so did the heart and soul of FL.
While I agree with taz's comment and meeting Andrew in person in Tokyo when he was promoting his FL site over a decade ago, I am not fond of this new format, being a picky guy.

As for the other FChat site, I do not post but see comments that interest me now and then, lately it seems that there are much less interesting threads/posts there also, to the point that I find their site not as interesting as before.

Although I do not participate in the newer SNS sites myself, seems like these latest forms are the trend, making such forums' sites somewhat obsolete.

Probably it is simply that I am aging fast.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover

Last edited by Italian Lover; 10-13-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spell
post #34 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
Let me get this straight. One of the more interesting/crazy contributors to this site, whose comments we all enjoy got banned?! The value of this site is based on content. And the people who provide the most interesting and valuable content should be worshiped not banned!

The site owner needs to understand that without the key players this site is WORTHLESS. No one will come here and they will move or have already to the competitor. Even I"m spending more time there as there is more interesting content there. Having said that I would love to see this site blossom again as this is where I found the knowledge and encouragement.
I thought he meant he got banned from the FChat (Rob Lay) site, not this one.

Best wishes, John
post #35 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
I thought he meant he got banned from the FChat (Rob Lay) site, not this one.
That is how I understood also.

Italian Lover
post #36 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 12:12 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 404
Oops, speed reading, my apologies to all.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #37 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 09:27 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 25
Thank you

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words,,,and Yes I was referring to F Chat, With that being said, I do appreciate the fellows on this site,,I have to say, I get a really warm feeling on this site,,which I have never felt over there,,I also want to apologize if I have offended anyone here on F LIfe,,I never have intended to. Today after going from riding my Ducati,,for a couple of hours, then getting on my 86 1000R, I had to think about my future , when It comes to hanging on to my older inline 4 Cylinder bikes,,other than my Hyabusa, I have to equate going from my 328 to driving, lets say a front drive sedan. Its never a good thing to let these older bikes sit . I find myself wanting to ride the Ducati all the time,,even though I still like to ride around the shortcomings of these older sportbikes, especially the 84 GPZ 1100 Factory fuel injection. Im also afraid that if I sell any of these other machines, I might regret it later. Letting these bikes sit, after all the money I spent to restore them is not something I want to do. I know its problems of abundance !! lol...Its just that this Ducati is the Ferrari of motorcycles !! Im finding myself thinking about that when Im riding all the others, lest the 1400 GSXR. I also have an addiction to looking at the bikes sitting in my garage, all cleaned and polished. Maybe when all is said and done, I can maybe store the bikes Im not riding, winterize them as I used to do when I lived in CT,,and keep them in my company lay down / storage yard. The Ducati makes riding less of an effort, which makes it that much more fun,,Its also much less harder on my back and legs, Im 52 now, so comfort for me plays a much greater role. The fact that this Ducati,,performs to such a great degree, that when I dismount, Im not nearly as worked as I get on every other bike I own. I also have to say,,Im riding this Ducati, at much lower speeds, and having more fun than my other bikes at much faster velocities. This V TWIN set up feels so good going through the gearbox and ending up at 70 MPH all day long,,,and of course at 40-50 around town,,it seems to feel so much more " streetable" if that makes any sense. So in the end, I want to say,,that I feel so grateful to be able to partake in my passion for riding, and driving , and that God has blessed me with the opportunity to drive and ride 2 and 4 wheel Italian made machines in this lifetime. Next year, I will set my sights on the Gallardo, Ill be looking for a good deal on a good car , and a fair finance plan, I wont be able to buy it cash, but Ill have a solid down payment, and Ill have no problem making payments, the same way I bought my 328 , 17 years ago.

Brett Lucca
post #38 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Owner

Brett, isn't life one regret after another ? I suppose the key is to move on forward and not let these hinder you.

Sure sounds to me like Ducatti is the one. Although I am not a bike rider myself, I can empathize with your comments regarding having fulfillment even at much lower speed. It all makes sense to me.

Enjoy your passion in good health. Coming from Conn. and being in Southern California, what better place can you ask for to enjoy your rides.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #39 of 39 Old 10-13-2016, 10:34 PM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen for your kind words,,,and Yes I was referring to F Chat, With that being said, I do appreciate the fellows on this site,,I have to say, I get a really warm feeling on this site,,which I have never felt over there,,I also want to apologize if I have offended anyone here on F LIfe,,I never have intended to. Next year, I will set my sights on the Gallardo, Ill be looking for a good deal on a good car , and a fair finance plan, I wont be able to buy it cash, but Ill have a solid down payment, and Ill have no problem making payments, the same way I bought my 328 , 17 years ago.

Brett Lucca
Hello Brett,

following our friend Jimmy..... Enjoy your passion in good health, and being in Southern California, what better place can you ask for to enjoy your rides.
Next year with Gallardo it will all to be discovered ....

Best Regards

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode