Big bore kit - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-11-2016, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 25
Big bore kit

Good evening gentlemen,,I finally decided to do the rebuild on the Hyabusa ,,,I took the bike to Thad Wiltz out of Van Nuys, he is a professional engine builder, semi pro drag racer,,,Hes been winning in Class for his 40 years of racing all over the country, We went with the APE 1400 CC Big Bore Kit,,,with the J and E pistons,,,This ups the displacement 100 cc s I wasnt to keen on the 12.5 to 1 compression ratio,,,knowing that the bike will never be as smooth as with the stock 11.5 to 1 set up,,,I could have used and extra base gasket,,,but I didnt want to lose any HP. He cleaned up the head and lapped in all new valves by hand,,new oils seals,,,and two intake cams were used for both intake and exhaust. We replaced all the main crankshaft bearings,,,and connecting rod bearings,,,The crankshaft was in perfect condition , with no scarring. The transmission was under cut already on a prior stock re fresh. We installed a high flow oil pump gear for proper oiling while doing wheelies,,,I replaced the head pipe so I can use the newer Gen 1 Stainless steel mid pipes while keeping my quiet Yoshimura RS3 slip ons....This past Saturday we took it to Palmdale for the Dyno Tuning,,,I bought a DYno Jet PC 3 Power Commander and installed it,,,THe guy doing the tuning is factory DYno JEt sponsored tuner,,,one of the best in the businees,, It took him about one hour to get all the fuel tables adjusted,,through all gears and all RPMs,,,Now it was 102 degrees in Palmdale Saturday,,and its 2500 FT abouve sea level,,,,WE GOT 190 HP AT THE REAR WHEEL ON THE FINAL RUN,,,WHICH CALCULATES TO 204 REAR WHEEL HP AT SEA LEVEL !!!!! I have been breaking in the bike little by little,,and things seem to be smoothing out cruising at low RPM,,,Im also trying to do some high speed roll ons,,,but I run out of room really fast,,,So it s going to take at least 1000 Miles until the bike runs the way its going to run all the time,,,,I have to say that I hope the motor smooths out enough so I can take it on longer out of town canyon runs,,,With that being said,,,Next year Suzuki is coming out with a SUPER CHARGED HYABUSA IN 2017,,So maybe ill trade up Brett Lucca
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode