Driving Experiences - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-02-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
Driving Experiences

All,

I learned that the best way to drive my dream cars (at least some of them) is to book a day at the track when I travel to Vegas. I have used both Exotics Racing (www.exoticsracing.com) and Dream Racing (www.dreamracing.com). There are other companies like World Class Driving Experience that will take you out and back through a road course in convoy with other drivers.

We like the track experience and typically make a day of it. My wife (which got me a tremendous hall pass) drove Scuderias, Italia, Gallardos, Aventadors, F430s, 911s, etc. If I recall correctly some cars are less than $200 for five laps with an instructor in the car with you. To be clear "You Drive" but the instructor gives you a tutorial on the vehicle and is there for your safety. I drove just about everything and I rode along with this kid that was a "professional drifter" that climbed sideways up the walls of the track for a few laps with me in the passenger seat. I really enjoyed the experience. By far, my favorites were the F430 and the Lamborghini Superleggera. I just felt comfortable in vehicles and they felt like they pushed me back into the countours of the seat when I downshifted and gunned it down the straightaways.

Here's a pic of the wife in the F430 with her instructor (who was very cool).

Cheers
Attached Images

Michael G. Washington DC Area - 2010 Ferrari California Nero
2014 Maserati Ghibli (Fabspeed Performance Exhaust & ECU)
2013 VW Jetta GLI (Borla Exhaust, K&N)
2007 Porsche Cayman S (Fabspeed Performance)

Last edited by mdg1775; 11-02-2015 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Track driving is great. But you do need some talent. Not massive talent, but in my experience, at least 50% of Ferrari owners should stay away from the track. I see so many things happen that make me shake my head. And many tears are shed. Not always by the person causing the incident.

Personally I have had some narrow escapes from blunders right in front of me. Narrowly missed being T-boned. Twice.

So, enjoy your time on track but mind your own limitations and those of others.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #3 of 6 Old 11-09-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Track driving is great. But you do need some talent. Not massive talent, but in my experience, at least 50% of Ferrari owners should stay away from the track. I see so many things happen that make me shake my head. And many tears are shed. Not always by the person causing the incident.

Personally I have had some narrow escapes from blunders right in front of me. Narrowly missed being T-boned. Twice.

So, enjoy your time on track but mind your own limitations and those of others.

Onno
great post and I agree. The one thing to note is that at both Dream and Exotics Racing, they don't turn you loose on the track to tear it up alone or head to head with another driver. The instructor is with you and he has a second brake pedal on his side of the car. I also noticed they stagger the take offs so the nearest car has a 1/4-mile head start. The only person catching you is in the Aventador the last time we went.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
That is great for beginners, but I wouldn't be interested in a track day like that. If I am forced to be babied by an instructor I go somewhere else. This is one of the problems - there are so many varying levels of skill that it is very hard to come up with something that works for everyone.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #5 of 6 Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
That is great for beginners, but I wouldn't be interested in a track day like that. If I am forced to be babied by an instructor I go somewhere else. This is one of the problems - there are so many varying levels of skill that it is very hard to come up with something that works for everyone.

Onno
+1 ! but Onno, I'm going to add that you and mdg are describing two very different driving events. You're experienced in tracking, thus your reaction is correct for a driver with your experience. For the driver who is inexperienced, the programs that mdg describes are wonderful opportunities to have fun safely and learn to drive supercars on track, perhaps to learn enough to wish to track their own cars in the environment you like.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Last edited by intrepid; 11-12-2015 at 06:22 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-11-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

I get it. Most people don't want to drive in a controlled environment. That's why they save up (or not if they have the means) and buy their own dream car to drive as they wish.

I guess I was making a point for those of us who want to drive an Aventador, F430, etc. and may never be able to own one. I thought it was fun and I get to beat the heck out of someone else's car for a few hours without the risk of getting speeding tickets.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode