Ferrari 488 does 341km/h (211mph) on Autobahn

I wish American drivers were as aware to switch lanes like this

http://driverlols.com/ferrari-488-do...h-on-autobahn/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
I've done 331 on the autobahn myself but this guy is an IDIOT! No way to avoid an accident. Never overtake others at this speed differential, they CANNOT see you coming. Always assume that someone will not see you. The average driver looks in his mirror only once before changing lanes. And don't forget that even in your 488 your brake distance is HUGE.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #3 of 10 Old 07-24-2015, 03:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
I've done 331 on the autobahn myself but this guy is an IDIOT! No way to avoid an accident. Never overtake others at this speed differential, they CANNOT see you coming. Always assume that someone will not see you. The average driver looks in his mirror only once before changing lanes. And don't forget that even in your 488 your brake distance is HUGE.

Onno
Onno,
i agree with you! bad guy

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'

post #4 of 10 Old 07-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Too many of these kind of species, unfortunately.

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #5 of 10 Old 07-25-2015, 12:12 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Lover View Post
Too many of these kind of species, unfortunately.
And they are even admired....

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #6 of 10 Old 07-25-2015, 11:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 795
I am the opposite you buy a fast car to go fast legally, if the law in the country allows you to do such speeds, then Why not? Other road users are aware such speeds are possible and fully aware. So why not? It's legal.

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
post #7 of 10 Old 07-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
I am the opposite you buy a fast car to go fast legally, if the law in the country allows you to do such speeds, then Why not? Other road users are aware such speeds are possible and fully aware. So why not? It's legal.
When I drove around the German autobahns this May I loved it. I soon learnt to move over for the club 300 guys. Seemed to work well whilst I was there. Much safer than where I live where people fall asleep at the wheel every day through long haul 100kph boredom.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2015, 01:57 AM
Owner

Why not? There is a difference between driving fast and driving sensibly. That is why not. As I said, I have done speeds over 280 km/h on the Autobahn several times. But I NEVER overtake a car or truck with more than 100 km/h speed differential. You just cannot brake on time if something unexpected happens. If a person does not see you because you are travelling so fast, who is the true cause of an accident? Who even cares who the culprit is, when you've hit the barrier at 250 km/h?

And Paul, you clearly do not know the laws in Germany. If this guy had hit someone, he would have been found guilty by a court because he was not taking due care to include the unexpected. Judges are hellbent on making the roads in Germany safer. It is legal to go as fast as you like (in certain areas), but if you have an accident and speed is a factor, you are considered guilty of causing the accident. They do NOT look kindly on speed freaks.

Guys - we all know it's nice to stretch the legs of our cars once in a while. Just always consider that the other road users. We are not put on earth to kill innocents. And that is what can very easily happen if we're being d1cks. Be responsible. You're not a child anymore. At least - I'm hoping you're not.

Onno

330GTC
post #9 of 10 Old 08-09-2015, 11:17 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Garage
I really don't see anything wrong in this video or any irresponsible driving. If you really can't overtake safely at speed, then you don't do it. Doesn't mean everybody's like you. There are no 2 beings on this planet that are absolutely identical. If you've got enough experience behind the wheel, you can detect pretty soon when somebody's gonna do something stupid. And if you brake with your left foot, like I do every time I'm going seriously fast, the total braking distance is further reduced.

Наздраве, Цветан!
post #10 of 10 Old 08-10-2015, 12:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 217
Onno: +1

I also often drive fast on the Autobahn and sometimes even more that 300 km/h. But You have to be aware of other drivers!

Only drive fast, when You are sure, no one will do stupid stuff!

My father was nearly killed in the 80īs, because on a three lane Autobahn a bus driver pulled all to the left to just to make him slow down. For no reason!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode