need your input on run flat tires for a non F-car - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-27-2015, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
need your input on run flat tires for a non F-car

I have a splendid 2006 Cadillac STS-V, among the very finest cars of any category I've ever driven. Originally equipped with Pirelli Euforia run-flat tires that still have some tread at 12,000 miles but need replacing due. Not too heady to run a performance car - or any car for that matter - on nine year-old tires. Living in the northeast US I store the car in winter so not concerned about snow and ice and I have decided to stay with run-flats.

I believe that Pirelli now offers P-Zero run flats and Michelin Pilot Sport run-flats and wonder whether anyone has experience with either or can recommend another major manufacturer who offers run flat performance tires.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 115
How much splendid 2006 Cadillac STS-V now ? I looking for it
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2015, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewa19 View Post
How much splendid 2006 Cadillac STS-V now ? I looking for it
dewa, I have owned a Porsche, Maserati, two Peugeots, two BMWs and 7 1/2 Ferraris and driven Bentleys, Mercedes, Astons, Jaguars etc, and my STS-V is the best all-around car I've ever driven.

You are correct, it is truly a splendid car, though mine is not for sale. As I drive it only during summer it has very low mileage and is in close to flawless condition. You may or may not know that it was very low production in its four years, 2006-09, total units was 2503 = 626 cars per year compared with Ferrari's annual production of 7,000, so it is a very rare car and low mileage cars, if they exist, will be true collectibles soon. If it were for sale I'd likely be asking $50K

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

post #4 of 4 Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
I have a splendid 2006 Cadillac STS-V, among the very finest cars of any category I've ever driven. Originally equipped with Pirelli Euforia run-flat tires that still have some tread at 12,000 miles but need replacing due. Not too heady to run a performance car - or any car for that matter - on nine year-old tires. Living in the northeast US I store the car in winter so not concerned about snow and ice and I have decided to stay with run-flats.

I believe that Pirelli now offers P-Zero run flats and Michelin Pilot Sport run-flats and wonder whether anyone has experience with either or can recommend another major manufacturer who offers run flat performance tires.
I like the MPS run flats - not sure about Pirelli they seem to have a lot of factories using them but ...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode